American Furniture Galleries / Non-delivery of product after payment!

1 8001 E. Stockton BlvdElk Grove, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 916 681-2811

Paid $6500 upfront on March 16, 2008 for an Ashley bedroom suite - sleigh bed with underbed drawers, armoire, dresser, 2 nightstands, vanity w/stool - with a delivery date between 3-4 weeks. At week number NINE (9) May 18, 2008, still no furniture except for the bed headboard & footboard. We called last week to have them come pick up the HB/FB and refund our money. They said a truck would be out on Saturday May 17 between 10-3. No truck arrived. We called and they said they didn't have a truck available... they didn't bother to call us! These Vietnamese business owners give POOR SERVICE, LIE ABOUT DELIVERY DATES & MAKE PROMISES THEY DON'T KEEP. After paying over $3, 000 for living room furniture, the entertainment center was damaged during the set-up, doors don't close properly, the wood on the sofa is scratched, the end tables have nics in the wood... overall poor quality of product and service. Very disappointed in this store. I do not recommend them.

Pa

Comments

• Je
      12th of Feb, 2009

I am so angry at this company...I ordered a vanity on Saturday, January 3, 2009 in Chandler, Arizona and I was told it would be 7-10 days delivery time. That was completely acceptable to me. By january 16, 2009 I hadn't gotten a phone call back and I called to see if my items were there. "Someone" would call me back...and never did. I called the following day to ask about it and they said it would be here the SECOND WEEK of February. I told them I was not happy but that I would wait. On february 6, 2009 I phoned to get an update and was told it would be there the following Monday or Tuesday, which would have been the 9th or 10th. No one called me so on Thursday, February 12, 2009 Iphones and the man told me it would not be coming now until the NEXT WEEk which would Monday! These people are scam artists and I am going in tomorrow for my money returned. If it is not I will be filing a police reprt for theft. thankfully I still have my receipt! I wish there was a way to get the word out for everyone to not shop or purchase there!