American Furniture Depot / Wrongful Advertising/Fraud

1 10844 McKinley Hwy.Osceola, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 574-679-4499

I ordered a sofa set consisting of a three-seater, loveseat, and chaise lounge from this company out of their Grand Rapids, Mi warehouse in August of 2008. When the chaise arrived the braiding was damaged. I immediately contacted Tim who was my salesman and he told me to take pictures and they would order me a new chaise. I delivered the pictures that very same day to him directly.
Since that time I have been told time and again that a new chaise was coming not to worry, but finally was told in February 2009, that all sales were final and that my cats were to blame.

PEOPLE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE A TERRIBLE COMPANY! Their Sales Manager, Steve Miller, who says he owns the company is a liar and a cheat...they do not have a reputation worth a penny!

DON'T BUY FROM EITHER OF THIER WAREHOUSES!

Comments

• Jb
      10th of May, 2009
    American Furniture Depot - Replacement Not Provided
    American Furniture Depot
    2425 Turner Ave., NW
    Walker
    Michigan
    Phone: 616-243-4300
    AmericanFurnitureDepot.com

Last August I purchase a complete three seater sofa, chaise lounge and two-seater sofa. The chaise was delivered in unacceptable condition (cording on arms was defective). From August 2008 thru Feburary 2009, the company continue to assure me that a replacement was coming.

I delivered myself Polaroid pictures of the problem directly to the salesman, Tim, who assured me they would replace the chaise.

Finally after filing a complaint with the Better Business Burea (who has done nothing) American Furniture Depot told me that all sales were final and that my cats were to blame. (My cats are de-clawed, however they have nothing to do with the problem).

I have pages of documentation that I sent to the Better Business Bureau, but they have done nothing and I still have a defective chaise lounge.

I paid for scotch-garding and delivery for these products and would either like a full replacement or some other type of replacement.

They lied and cheated a senion citizen who had to save a long time to buy this furniture...I am getting no help from anyone.

Please advise,

Jacklynn Bergstrom-Toolan
    1485 Beckwith View Avenue, NE
    Grand Rapids, MI 49505
    616-293-4684

• Mu
      27th of Jun, 2010

So many people in the South Bend, Indiana area have been burned by this company.
    Just listen to their ear splitting TV ads and come to your own conclusion as to what kind of business they are.

• Rv
      23rd of Feb, 2011
    American Furniture Depot - Poor Customer Service
    American Furniture Depot
    Osceola
    Indiana

Warning this place is not a good place to buy your furniture. They lie to there customers, they cheat, they do not return calls. I have had several problems with this company. Would not recomend. Poor customer service.

• Rv
      23rd of Feb, 2011

This place also lied to us. Do not trust this place. They lie to there customers, they cheat, They don't return there calls. Not a good place to shop.