American Family Insurance / Scam and cheating
I got a letter in the mail today American Family is canceling my homeowners insurance in January of 09. I am quite frankly stunned. I signed up with A.G. last year after having homeowners with another company for several years and no problems. At their urging since I had auto insurance through A.G. they gave me a good quote for comprehensive coverage and I took it. There was an inspection of the property and all was well.
About 3 months later during the winter months there was another inspection. I was told I had to repair a door to my swimming pool lock it and the fence to my back yard. A limb had fallen on one of the gates and broke it, I was waiting for spring to fix it, it was 20 degrees outside. I took care of the situation called the agent and heard nothing more until yesterday. I got a cancellation notice in the mail. It said I had not turned in requested information concerning my pool gate and deck.
I was told by my agent to correct the problems then give her a call and she would reinspect. Having done my part I heard nothing more I assumed all was well and never gave it a second thought. The issue with the deck is something entirely new. I have a large solid deck of treated lumber that I has not been stained in a couple of years, because I am going to strip it next year the red stain I use is to hot on the feet, like I said this was not an issue until I got a letter today.
I have never missed a premium or claimed anything on insurance ever, my house is kept in good repair. It's hard to tell what happened here since nobody has contacted me past the initial conversations last year. I have spoken with my agent a few times concerning other issues over the past year. I believe I dropped a 3rd car that I sold, and I called a little upset about this credit indexing A.G. was starting. If there was still a problem there was never any indication from her.
Oh well, I am going to find something else, I guess if this company can't recognize a good customer that is their loss, and I will move on. My question is of repercussion, all is well as long as I don't have problems getting insurance. If I have any problems though I have a great lawyer, who will be visiting my agent and A.G. with questions.
More American Family Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- American Family Insurance - They do not pay for roof damage ever 
- American Family Insurance - Uncooperative and uncaring company! 
- American Family Insurance - Claims
- American Family Insurance - ignorant company 
- American Family Insurance - Failed to Pay Claim
- American Family Insurance - house fire/they are refusing to pay full costs for contractor bids only to put the house back the way it was, not betterment.
- American Family Ins - Insurance coverage - What insurance Coverage?
- www.amfam.com - Completely unnecessary thing
- American Family Insurance Group - Manipulating the Value of Vehicles via AudaExplore 
- American family insurance, stacy phillips agency - unprofessional personnel