American Express / cancellation of cards
I hope someone can give me contacts (people), addresses and telephone numbers to resolve my problem and re-instate my cards.
On Tuesday, October 28, 2008. I received a call from my accounts manager (never knew I even had one) at American Express asking why $56, 000 had been run through my merchant account machine my companies' Platinum Card.
I explained that I had a customer in the Bahamas whose card that would not work (to pay for a printing job) and that I swiped my own card to see if my machine was broken. I know a "REALLY DUMB" thing to do... and I did it 3 times) ANOTHER DUMB THING... but you can see I am telling the TRUTH... and I thought I was putting in $18.00 NOT $18, 000. So I told the guy, "Hey I'm sorry, won't do it again, it was a mistake"! So he says well isn't not that simple.. "this is fraud (none of the swipes went through), and it's a serious violation and ALL your cards are CANCELLED.
He further went on to say, that the CANCELLATION of ALL my cards will be reported to ALL CREDIT Reporting Agencies (Closed Due to Fraud) which will lower your FICO score, and upon review we may ask ALL OUTSTANDING balances be PAID IN FULL immediately (approximately $86, 000) and ALL your points 161, 396 have been forfeited / taken away.
Does anyone who I can contact who can take care of this?? Any and all help appreciated.
More American Express Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - complain
- American Express - discrimination 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - expired gift certificates
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - perfect credit/25 year member amex cancelled
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - my card