American EVoice, LTD / unauthorized charges on phone bill

I was changing my AT&T phone service from landline to voice over internet and it was brought to my attention from the AT&T representative I had charges on my current phone bill from this company. She asked if this was something I was aware of and I had authorized. After calling the phone number associated with this service I was informed it was a telephone voice message service authorized by my husband. When I spoke to the representative I stated we already had voice message service with AT&T and would not have asked for an additional one.

She said she would credit my account and cancel the service. I would recommend everyone double check you phone bills because this seems to be a widely unauthorized service added to many phone bills.

I made sure I had a confirmation number and will make sure the credit is given and no subsequent charges from this company. If it had not been for a very observant customer service rep, I would have these charges still on my bill.

Tj

Comments

20th of May, 2009
    American EVoice, LTD - Telephone
    American eVoice, LTD
    Phone: 800-460-0078

I received a charge for $14.95 + tax on my local telephone bill for this service, AMERICAN EVOICE, LTD-VOICEMAIL. I didn't authorized the charges. The rep I talked to at 1-800-460-0078, told me that I had signed up online through a coupon website and using the name "ringo" to register. I told her I didn't authorized the service to be added. At that point she put a cancel request and issued a credit for the charge. She stated the credit should appear on my telephone invoice within 1-2 months. I guess I have to wait and see if that's true. This is a scam and the FCC should investigate.

• Ga
      25th of May, 2009
    American EVoice, LTD - unaurthorized billing
    AMERICAN EVOICE, LTD

I was looking over my AT&T phone bill & notice a charge for $14.95 from American Evoice, LTD. I called and a young lady told me that I had signed up through a website. I DON'T THINK SO. I told her that I wanted this charge removed & the service cancelled. She gave me a confirmation #. We'll see what happens. What is our recourse???

• Be
      10th of Sep, 2009
    American EVoice, LTD - unauthorized charge on phone bill
    102 NE 2nd St PMB 381 Boca Raton FL 33432
    Brooksville
    Florida

I was charged $16.13 for a service I did not sign for or authorized. After calling the company, "they" say I went on line and signed up for the service. However, the email address for which I supposedly applied on line has been cancelled about 18 months ago or more. That address was: BERNADET123@AOL.COM. That address does not exist anymore. I possibly could not have used it in the last couple of weeks.

My email address is: blaroze@tampabay.rr.com

• Pa
      8th of Mar, 2010

The exact same situation occurred for me and it was the service rep who identified the problem for me. I can't emphasize enough, check your bill..there may be 3rd party billing charges lurking within.