American Engine Installations / Lie, cheat, steal!
Company lied about engine block being non rebuildable (among other things) and this was the last straw. Our son was charged $500 for a core charge that company said was for another engine block which they claimed they had to furnish, in leiu of our non rebuildable block. When the car was finished and our son got it home, I personally checked the car over, only to find the original engine block was in the car and not replaced. We crossed referenced the engine numbers and discovered that they were the original factory stamped numbers. We were lied to and cheated by this company throughout this 6 plus week ordeal. To me this is consumer theft and fraud.
I spoke to the manager of American Engine several times and was told the block was shot, engine messed up with parts falling out of it, upon his inspection and a new block would have to be found because they didn't have one and this supposedly delayed the process of completion of the rebuild. The manager also stated that someone had already put another engine in this car and probably what happened was the engine was over reved that destroyed this engine. He told me he had seen this before because he drag races and knows what happens. I told him I know how my son drives and this was not the case. The car had 160,000 miles on the all original engine, clutch and transmission. If the car had been driven like the manager described, this engine, clutch and transmission wouldn't have lasted 160,000 miles as it did.
I work for the company that built this vehicle and know the engine that was installed. I have the factory engine numbers that were stamped in this block when installed and they match. To me, we have been lied to, cheated out of our money and this constitutes theft and fraud. If you need further information, please contact me.
More American Engine Installations Complaints & Reviews
- American Engine Installations - rip off business
- American Engine Installations - Fraudulent company 
- American Engine Installations - Tried to make me pay $ 2995.00 overcharge 
- American Engine Installations - Awful company, beware! 
- American Engine Installations - Fraud and cheating!
- American Engine Installations - Overcharged for non working vehicle 
- American Engine Installations - We were taking by this company... 
- American Engine Installations - RV'ers, beware of american engine installations, stay away!