American Craftsmen Pool / Awful service

I own two homes; both with in ground pools. In 2006 both pools turned green and no matter what American Craftsmen did, they could not clear the water. I ended up closing the pools early. In 2007 I changed companies and both pools cleared right up. My new company showed me where American Craftsmen had never performed the maintenance services I paid them for. American Craftsmen hadn't cleaned or installed items properly.

It took me almost 2 years to settle this issue with American Craftsmen. I actually had to take the company to court twice - once for each pool. Don't use this pool company because if you have a problem or are not satisfied, you will have a huge hassle trying to negotiate the issue.

Va

Comments

Va
  15th of Oct, 2008
American Craftsmen Pool & Spa - Pool maintenance not performed
American Craftsmen Pool & Spa
8912 Walker Street
Fairfax
Virginia
coolpoolahspa.com

I own two homes; both with inground pools. I used American Craftsmen Pool for openings and closings of my pools plus any repairs needed. In 2006 both my pools went green and couldn't be cleared up. I actually had to close them down in July because the water would not go blue. In 2007 I switched pool companies and guess what? They had my pools clean and clear with a simple filter cleaning. Turns out American Craftsmen wasn't cleaning the filter like I was paying them for. I've had to fight American Craftsmen in court for the last two years to get my wasted money back. Don't use this pool company.

Yb
  1st of Jul, 2009

I also had a very bad experience with American Craftsmen pools. They were the company my home warranty assigned to a claim I registered upon opening my pool in my new home. They were supposed to call me when they got to my home and tell me the state of the equipment. I never got a call and it appeared they had never been to my home. Meanwhile, my bank card was charged for the service fee (required by the home warranty). I made numerous attempts to contact American Craftsman and ask what the status of my warranty claim was and the did not return one call. The warranty company got involved and they STILL did not call me. The warranty company called to tell me that they had approved my claim for a new pump and filter and American Craftsman would call me to schedule the installation. I STILL got no call and came home from work one day to find a brand new pump and filter installed IN THE MUD next to my pool. On top of all this, I then had several fraudulent charges show up on my bank card. I would never do business with this company and if I have further warranty work to be done on my pool, I will tell the home warranty company to find another contractor.

Am
  8th of Feb, 2011

The client was rarely home. He wanted us to show up late in the day. My employees start at 7:00 am They can't start a new job at that time. The client was given the choice to pay by check or credit card. There was no fraudulent credit card transactions. The mud was the cause of no gravel or pea stone surrounding the pool equipment. American Craftsmen has an excellent reputation, we work with many home warranty companies.

Fa
  6th of Jun, 2011

Sounds about right that AC would blame it on the customer. Things started going wrong when AC showed up unannounced (a week before the scheduled appt to open our pool - i like to be home when contractors are here). their representatives were rude and communicated that they were not happy about the condition of the pool area - we were in process of raking the leaves from our ivy which surrounds the pool into piles on the deck. i awoke that morning, looked outside, and saw AC staff kicking through the piles of leaves. Less than happy i went outside but changed my tune when i thought maybe i had expected them the wrong day (thought it was possibly my fault, which it turned out it wasnt. i had the correct date to expect them originally - i was told by the company that they can't be expected to keep agreed upon dates and have to squeeze jobs in when convenient for them). i left them to do their thing and came back to yard 5 inches underwater. instead of using the storm drain, they pumped the water behind our property and into the neighbors and our yards destroying several expensive pieces of lawn equipment and landscaping.

after calling AC for 3 days with no response, I awoke on the 4th morning to a stranger walking around my backyard, without permission, with a video camera (still dont know why). i confronted the man in the yard, he was with AC and he left quickly. i then got a phone call from "the boss" who assured me the mess created by the flood would be cleaned up. this never happend. its been a month and after many phone calls and missed appointments on their part (never even got a phone call again) i have a pool that looks like crap only 2 weeks after opening (mostly algae growth). i had to contract another company finally. the second company pointed out the severe lack of maintenance AC neglected to take care of, which we were charged for and was included in the contract. AC didn't even complete the tasks in the contract, let alone take care of their huge flooding mistake. it would take a real idiot to pump water where they did and not expect a flood.

DO NOT use this company. they will not return your calls, answer their phone, or do a decent job.