American Construction Services / Awful experience

Beware! American Construction Services Aka Mike Dozier calls himself a dependable, reliable, professional, 'Christian' contractor who can take care of it all... Mike Dozier, the owner can do it all alright- Screw you over! I contracted Mike Dozier to do major renovations to my rental home I am preparing to sell. I needed Kitchen total remodel, 2 baths total remodel, exterior work, and some other interior items to be rehabbed. The first sign should had been he didn't show for first meeting- I call him and he couldn't find my phone number. After we meet it takes him 2 weeks to get me a proposal. Another week to get going- I had to meet him at local home store to get the needed supplies. That adventure took way to long for a supposedly 'seasoned' contractor. I stood there in the cabinet section with his 'assistant' as they argued over the cabinets needed. I could of purchased the items with no hassle without his help. Oh, by the way, almost everything he had me purchase had to be exchanged. And when he had to exchange the items it was a big ordeal for him. (he had to take the day off after returning 2 cabinets to the store) - said he was stressed and btw it was a nice day for a nice game of golf. Soo, the man has now gutted my house and left me with unfinished work on all the jobs he started and I now have bathtub sitting in my living room supposedly waiting for 'his plumber' to be available - it's now been 2 weeks of waiting for 'the plumber'. As for payment- I have paid full for some of the jobs already but that's because Mike 'said' he'd be back the next day to complete. He always has some type of 'crisis' going on in his life ( I know because he used up my cell phone minutes whining and promising he or his assistant/son would be there tomorrow. I'm now almost a month behind on getting my house ready to sell it's half done. So far, in checking the little hidden things he's trying to cover up and say he took care of- he hooked up the garbage disposal to the dimmer switch in kitchen - I guess this is a 'new' kitchen feature when you control your garbage disposal by speed of the dimmer switch? And there's more...

I could go on but like the other reports about American Construction Services Aka Mike Dozier I am exhausted/sick of dealing with Mike Dozier who claims to be a 'Christian' and one of the good guys in the sleazy world of contracting. I wished I had checked this site and other sites out before hand. Do not be swayed by the 'little man's charm'! He does not practice what he preaches.

Vi

Comments

• Ac
      20th of Jun, 2009

It appears there are at least 2 companies named American Construction Services in New York State (that I know of). One is listed with the Division of Incorporations with a primary address in Queens (the owner name is not listed). The other is not listed with the Division of Incorporations and it has a different owner name than "Mike Dozier" with company addresses in Albany, Clifton Park, and Schenectady. The one with addresses in Albany, Clifton Park, and Schenectady is listed with the New York State Better Business Bureau website with a rating second to the top, which seems pretty outstanding to me. The one in Queens is not listed with the New York State Better Business Bureau, perhaps because they are not Better Business Bureau members AND there were no complaints issued against them. You should clarify the address of the business included in your complaint, including the city and state. This would help to avoid ruining a good company's reputation and will help consumers decide which specific companies to avoid.

10th of Feb, 2011

This is American Construction Services in Chesapeake, Virginia.