American Cash Rewards / fraud

Dear India

I found your contact info on one of the complaint boards and I hope you can help me. On 11-05-09 one of the sales reps (scam artists) code 012 came to my door I explained to the boy that I didn't have the money but I wished that I could help him in some way he went on to completely lie to me stating that I would have 3 weeks to cancel and that all I had to do is call the # on the back of the sales receipt I'm on the line with them now (specifically a MNGR named Donna) and she is proving to be useless. I am furious! On the back of the sales receipt it states that--- YOU MAY CANCEL THIS TRANSACTION WITHOUT ANY PENALTY, PROVIDING YOUR CANCELLATION FORM IS RETURNED WITH A POSTMARK OF NO LATER HAN THREE DAYS FROM THE ORIGINAL DATE OF SALE, INCLUDING SATURDAY. I had my cancellation request in the mail at 5am the following morning!

Now I'm being told that I need to provide proof of payment within 6 weeks from the date of payment!? What happened to the line above where it states without any penalty? Please let me know what can be done about this in the meantime I'll be contacting my bank.

More American Cash Rewards Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• 19
      13th of Jan, 2010

Well I'm glad you posted this information because I just got off the phone with an American Cash Rewards company that claimed I won 2million dollars, said with no enthusiasm. I spoke with an Indian David White situated in Las Vegas which didn't want to give me the address and asked me how would I like to receive payment from direct deposit or UPS? UPS? Sure I want UPS a check in UPS ok? Well since I picked this option the UPS driver would have to escort me to the bank where he will write a "secret" 10 digit number on the check. Well is this a new service by UPS? No we have our own UPS company and this is what they do. Well I pretendly know someone in UPS and they never told me about this service. Well again only our company does this. So I said why not just put the "secret" number now and then send the 2million check to me and I'll deposit it on my own time. Well I told you about a fee. What fee? $200 fee. Why should I pay $200 to get $2million? I have rent, kids, unemployed, etc. Don't have it right now. Well ma'am I have $200 in my pocket I can lend you we just need to set up a payment plan so you can pay back $250. -It moves up $50 more- Ok well let me speak to a manager because I don't understand why your stupid company couldn't take away $200 from my check. And he says his company is not stupid.LOL. SURE. So now another Indian ? Mccarthy comes on the line and states that they didn't take $200 already because the check was already printed up and requires a signature. Well why not shred the check and make me a new one. Its already in the mail, not possible. -Already I just got off the phone with David White 20 seconds ago!- well ok then he goes on to say that he isn't going to force me to do it he'll just give it to the second place winner. So I say ok thats fine but I just researched your company on the internet and it says that you guys are a fraud. Well If you don't want to believe you just won 2million God bless you and have a nice day. Well God bless you too and I hope you stop trying to scam people. And then he just said BYE! LOL Great conversation this morning! Just made my day!

• Me
      26th of Aug, 2010

I just received a phone call from these people. However I won 2.5 million from readers digest. Funny, I don't read readers digest, and I haven't signed up for a sweepstakes. Lucky me, some one picked my name. They wanted to know what my "problem" was, because I had not filled out some paper work so I could receive the money. Hmmmm. I told them my problem was that they were a scam and I knew it. The man (from India) explained that he was aware of all the scams and he was not a scam. He also went on to say that the IRS would call me on th phone to get all my personal info. I DON"T THINK SO!!! After I told him I would look them up on the internet, he then said he would "call back" in five so I could think about all the money I had won. Of course it took less than five minutes to find this website and see that it is as I thought, a scam. Get a life little mystery scam men from India. By the way, he didn't call back .

• Yp
      12th of Oct, 2010

I just got off with a guy that said I won 850, 000 dollars but I needed to send him 850.00 When I told him this is America and we don't pay taxes before we get the money he started assuring me this was not a scam. lol

• Ol
      29th of Nov, 2010

well i just got a call from the same people saying i won 75000dollars i dnt believe it! i did not give them any information so oh well lol... he said they will deliever my check by the end of this week yeah right believe it when i see it!

• Pa
      14th of Jan, 2011

I was just called from American Cash Rewards and I was the winner of $860, 000 and all I had to do was to go to Wal Mart and wire Lapoys Sales in Hayward Cal. $1450.00 and they will deliver my check yet to day. I told him that if he can delver the check yet today then when he got here with the check I would give him the $1450.00. He said that his name was Mr. David and the they had rules and they could not it that way. They are very good at trying to get you to trust them they need to be stoped.

• Ju
      20th of May, 2011

I JUST RECIEVED A PHONE CALL FROM A RODNEY STEWART 702-609-7126 SAYING I WON $2.5 MILLION DOLLARS PLUS $100, 00 IN CASH & A 2009 MERCEDES BENZ. I WON THIS AMERICAN CASH REWARD OUT OF LAS VEGAS NEVADA. mR STEWART WOULD HAVE AN OMAR DAVIS AND LEON CHIN TO DELIVER SAID CHECK, CASH & CAR TODAY ON A PRIVATE JET; AND ACCOMPANING THEM WOULD BE A LAWYER BY THE NAME OF GENIEVE LANGILLE SO I CAN SIGN ALL THE LEGAL DOCUMENTS. I WOULD ONLY HAVE TO PAY $349.99 TO PAY FOR INSURANCE IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT OR ROBBERY. WHAT?????? THIS IS TERRIBLE HOW CAN PLACES & PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH DOING THINGS LIKE THIS TO HARD WORKING PEOPLE. WHAT CAN WE DO LEGALLY?

• Co
      21st of Jun, 2011

American Cash Awards called me with a 2.7 million dollar prize from PCH if I send them $500 via Western Union. He says he is Jerry Makeit (876) 461-4016. Another guy called (876-350-3988 (both sound Indian) to back up this guy's story. The thing that confuses me is that this guy has called at least 50 times in the last 4 days. Sounds too persistent for $500. I have begged him several times to stop calling. Told him I would call the police and he said he would gladly talk to them. I called PCH who assured me they only deliver winnings with their prize patrol. Thanks to all for your posts.

• Ne
      28th of Jul, 2011

im going thru this right now as we speak his name is james peterson wanting me to give him 250 for insurance then ill get 250, 000 back i told him i only had 150 he talked to his manager and he said that was ok that when i get the money i can give him the other hundred they are gonna wait til tomorrow im asking questions left and right he also said that he is not looking at the numbers on the card its so i can add the money to that card WHAT SHOULD I DO?

• Da
      18th of Aug, 2011

My mom just got a call about 30 minutes ago from a Amy Whitney (213-221-8811) who states she is from the Federal Gaming Commision and that my mom had won 850, 000.00 and a new car... All my mom had to do is go to Wal*Mart and purchase a Money Pak Reload Card for 450.00plus taxes so 496.00 and then call her back so they can get the check and car to her in the morning... She also asked if my mom wanted this to be public or non public... My mom (who is old and has a bad heart) said doesn't matter... My mom stated that she had to call her son and see if he would help out... I tried to call Ms. Whitney back and got a voice mail stating that " I have reached the Gaming commision, sorry I can't take your call, but if you would leave your name and number I will call you back... Within 10 minutes she called back... I talked to her and asked her some questions... I told her that I am a private investigator and wanted to go over a few things, if my mom won money from the lottery, publishers clearing house or any where that they wouldn't ask her to pay for it before she gets it... She told me to look on line at American Cash Rewards and that she will be there until 7... I said well ma'am thats in like 2 minutes... She said that I can leave a message and she will return my call... I pulled up American Cash Awards on line and found a number at the bottom of the web page that when you call it, it is for a trucking company. I spoke to the guy on the phone he stated that just today alone they have receaved close to 20 calls from people who stated they were told that the won money from American Cash rewards... This is a scam I just know it and wanted to share this with everyone and maybe someone else got the same kinda call... This lady sounded like she was from India also... wow sounds alittle fishy if you ask me...

• Ac
      3rd of Oct, 2011

I too almost fell victim to these same people. He claimed that he was from American Cash Awards. Supposedly I had benn selected (from the last four digits on crdit card)to a cash prize of 2.5 mil. He too sounded Indian and wanted 200 dollars to insure prize for " a few hours" for themm to fly out of Vegas immediately with said prize. I told him i dont have the money for that. He then became desparate sounding asking if i could even go and pawn something...be scepticle my friends there are many wolves in this world.

• Ba
      2nd of Nov, 2011

Experienced the same scam as everyone else. Blah blah blah you won $250, 000 but we need you to send Gregory Howard at 5796 N State Rd 49, Rensselar, IN 47978, $250 via overnight delivery a check and it will be delivered today. Thank God for the internet to be able to check this out. I hope nobody falls for this!
    Sounds like they are making more believable figures now...

• Ho
      22nd of Nov, 2011

I HAVE BEEN CALLED FOR MONTHS SAYING I WON 2.5 MILLION AND THEM ASKING ME TO PAY DIFFERENT AMOUNTS EVERY TIME THE INDIANS NAME IS MR. JAMES CARTER THE CALLER ID SAYS THE # IS IN JAMAICA HE JUST TOLD ME THAT HE WAS IN WASHINGTON D.C AND THE REASON THE ID SAID THAT WAS BECAUSE HE HAD SOME KIND OF ROUTING PHONE FROM HIS WORK THAT HE COULD TAKE IT TO CHINA, UK, ANY WHERE WITH NO PROBLEMS, YEAH OK!! THEN JUST NOW CALLED AND GAVE ME A MANS NAME, ADDRESS AND A ACCOUNT# AND ROUTING # TO PAY OFF TWO OF MY CREDIT CARDS SO THEN I COULD PAY THEM WHAT EVER FEE IT IS, LOL THE HE WOULD GET ON A PRIVATE JET AND BRING ME MY WINNINGS !! I TOLD HIM I NEEDED THE NAME OF THE BANK AND HE HAD TO GET THAT INFO AND CALLED ME BACK AND SAID IT WAS BANK OF AMERICA, SO HERE I GO RIGHT NOW I AM CALLING ONE OF MY BANKS WHICH ONE HAPPENS TO BE BANK OF AMERICA SO HOLD ON A MIN!!! OKAY I'M BACK I CALLED THE BANK AND ALL THEY COULD TELL ME WAS THAT IT WAS A REAL ACCT. BUT SHE ALSO SAID THAT IT MOST LIKELY WAS A SCAM !! SO I WAS DONE THIS WAY ABOUT A YEAR OR SO AGO AND I GUESS ONE REASON PEOPLE BELIEVE THEIR CRAP IS BECAUSE WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME MONEY AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY, BUT ALL OF U ARE RIGHT HOW IN THE WORLD CAN PEOPLE DO THIS TO OTHERS AND SLEEP AT NITE SCREW THEM, IT'S ABOUT TIME WE FIND SOME WAY TO STOP THESE MFER'S ARE YA'LL WITH ME?? I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO FIND THIS MAN AND THE 2 OTHERS THAT ACTUALLY SCAMED ME OUT OF THOUSAND'S OF $ I JUST HAVE 1 THING TO SAY TO YA'LL f*** YA'LL SCAMERS!! SORRY FOR THE LANUAGE BUT IT PISSES ME OFF THAT THEIR OUT THERE DOING THIS TO US AND THE DAMN LAW, GOVERNMENT IS IT CAN'T OR WON'T?? THEY NEED TO GROW SOME BALLS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE SCAMS I MEAN WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD TODAY??? PLEASE KNOW ONE FALL INTO THIS CRAP!! I AM A SINGLE MOM OF 4 AND I AM DISABLED, SO IF THEY CAN DO THIS TO SOMEONE WITH A FIXED INCOME I REALLY DON'T BELIEVE THEY HAVE A HEART OR SOUL, SO MAY GOD BE WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY WILL MET THEIR MAKER (SATAN) LOL HAVE A GOOD DAY AND I AM SO SORRY FOR THOSE OUT THERE THAT HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN SCAMED LIKE MYSELF!! I FELT LIKE A FOOL, I WISH US AMERICAN PEOPLE COULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CAUSE THE LAW, ECT IS NOT !!! JJ79

• Ha
      15th of Jan, 2012

Hi I was called 4 times this weekend saying I have won 1.5 million and a mercedes benz...rock on, so I asked the guy who sounded Jamican...from American Cash rewards from Nevada Vegas what the catch was...I asked him to send details through my email...well ofcourse theres an attachement on it...DONT OPEN IT... he phoned again asked me to open attachement to get the file number...DONT DO IT...never opened it, told him if I have won that amount of money then you would be delivering it to my door...very persistant guy...so again told him to send me details in the mail...he said but it would take too long...said to him not really bothered as it doesnt make any difference in time...this is a big scam...put the phone down...I didnt give him any info on myself, my address or anything...

• Th
      24th of Jan, 2012

Awwwwhhhhh...man I fell for this...and lost $1500 dollars and they sounded so convincing ...f***...I would kill you if I ever see you...the guy say his name was mr. Washington...here my story. .a man name mr. Washington...called saying ma dad won $2.5million...a mercede benz...I'm only 17 and I fell for it...they told me to goto cvs and buy a greendot moneypak reloadable card...and told me to put $500and $300 ...then after tht they told me to pay for the wirless transfer...and have to pay $895. More money...then after that...a lady tht say she wrk with mr.washinston called and wanted the code and I told I already gave it to mr.washinston...but she told me tht they just wwanted to check again...I gave her the code...and then the next day mr.washington called and said they was an error on the code. I gave him...and told me to buy another card with $1000 in it...then I was like f**** no ...

• Ki
      28th of Sep, 2012

These people who are calling me has taken me for a ride i think ...they say they are you...so far they have taken 2, 100 from me saying i have won 2.5 million dollars and a new car...is this true ...they are asking for another 2500 dollars ...i need help ...they are harrassing me on the phone!!!

• Re
      28th of Feb, 2013

WOW!!!

Talked to a Robert and a Mike. After I made Robert so mad he told me he was a hitman and was going to kill me. Called me a Mother F and a SOB. Then Mike (the manager) said he was sorry and fired Robert. I have been blowing their phone up the last 4 hours. And will not stop.

• Ca
      19th of Jun, 2013

Total SCAM !!! gave me a tel # of 206-414-4787. DONT FALL FOR THIS ONE!!! Iwas told they had a check for me in the amount of $250 million, just had to go to walgreens and get a green check card in the amount of $350.00, SUCH A SCAM!!! BEWARE !!!

• To
      10th of Oct, 2013

***DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM***.
    I got a call that I won $2.5 million and a Mercedes to boot! Jamaica accented fella named Tom Richmond from American Tax Rewards in Las Vegas, and all I have to do is pay them $385.00!
    WATCH OUT FOR THESE GUYS; they called from 876-862-7554 which shows as a Jamaican number; so much for being in Vegas.

• Ih
      18th of Mar, 2014

i was told to call a Mr Daisy at 717-881-3039 that i had won 2.5 million what a scam these ###s need to be stoped we are AMERICA DAM IT and we work hard for our money

• At
      4th of Nov, 2014

I have been dealing with these phone calls all year long. They are so aggressive. They call all day long with this noise in the background. When I asked him where he was located because the noise was getting on my nerves he claimed in was in route to my home. Every time I asked him to give me a location he would say, "I'm 21 miles away". Okay, 21 miles could be in any 3 cities near me. He could never tell me. However, he could tell me where to get a green dot money card from. I told him I could not get the card but I had the money so if he just came to the house with the reward that I could just give them the money in hand then. No, he didn't want the cash in hand he wanted the green dot card so he could get my money and disappear. I am living on a fixed income. I have no money to give away. I'm sorry but if the money is there it's my lost. I refuse to send someone my money when I am in need. I wish the government would put a stop to this. I am too sick to deal with this. They can just lose my number. They gave me an address to send a check to but no number. Funny how that goes. They tell me that they need the money now so they can give me my reward. If they are going to take me to the bank to ensure that it is deposited then I should be able to deposit the check and then withdraw the $130 that they are asking for? He says that will not work that they need the money first. Sorry but if they don't think people see right through them then they are crazy. They should lose my number.