American Cash Awardscash prize and mercedes benz

I received a call from James Nelson claiming that he worked with American Cash Awards and the were through the Better Business Bureau located in Washington DC but calling from a 876 Jamaica area code. He told me that i won a cash prize of $350, 000 and a brand new 2013 Mercedes Benz. They would cover everything all i had to cover was 1% which was $300 and i would receive my prize the same day by UPS. I asked how did i win and he said because i was frequent shopper at Walmart, Kroger and CVS. I told him to take the money out of the cash prize and he said that couldnt and that the 1% was to cover shipping and handling. He had a heavy accent and asked when i could i western union him the money.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in District of Columbia, DC I said i didnt have it and he said thats fine. He would hold my prize until i have the money but i have to give him a date of when i will be able to send the $300. To make a long story short, i goggle the and saw that they werent registered with bbb.org and saw alot of scam reports. When he called back i gave him a piece of my mind. He hung up and called back 15mins later as if the previous conversation never happened. He's very persistent and seems genuine but this is a scam people. Please be careful an do not give away any of your money. If you really won a prize, you wouldnt have to pay for anything and they would have to notify the IRS because you will have to pay taxes on your prize. This is a scam

Ta
Jun 06, 2013

Comments

• Li
      Oct 17, 2013

They called me today. Told me I had won $700, 000 and a benz. They gave me confirmation, claim, serial, and other numbers to claim my prize with and wanted me to call another phone number for his company, and strangely, ask for the name he had given me earlier as his own.He also gave me 2 different last names for himself during an earlier part of the conversation. I never called the second number. I googled them and saw all the scam reports. He called a second time but I didn't answer.

• Pe
      Jul 10, 2014

I was just contacted by a heavily accented man phone #[protected]. He stated that I won 5 million dollars and gave me a package code number and a name and address to send a money order or moneygram of $2000 (at first it was $2300). I am to send it to Willie Reese, 115 E Waters Street, Plymouth, NC 27962. And a phone number of [protected]. He was very persistent and tried to corner me to a time frame for sending the money. I told him that he can bring me the money and the car then I would see about the $2000. He told me to listen and to do what he says and to do it fast. Also not to talk to anyone else about this transaction. He just kept pushing until I hung up on him. He immediately called back twice and I didn't answer. I have been getting calls continuously for the last month form Jamaica, NY, AZ, NV, FL, etc.. I answered some of them and it is always a heavily accented person calling me Miss Peggy. I have blocked all of the numbers that I can but they still get thru by using a different number.

• Tr
      Aug 24, 2016

I have been getting the same type of phone calls sayin I have won a Benze and SEVERAL million dollars. They are having me send money $10 -
    $500 to different people & places such as Jamaica, Az, . & Cal, But if this is American Cash Awards why is most of their calls from Kingston, Jamaica? I have been trying to trace all of the 876 numbers but cant get any info. Any ideas of what to do? I have tried to block their numbers but they are always getting thru!

• Tr
      Aug 24, 2016

I hope we can get them stopped & closed down. A lot of people & their families are being hurt by this.