American Boat listing / False Representation

1 Patchogue, NY, United States Review updated:

I was contacted by a saleperson from American Boat Listing. He said he had buyers for my boat. The entire sales pitch is a lie. They claim to attend over 40 boat shows and put your boat in a printed directory. This guy went so far as to tell me he had many couples interested in my boat. I signed up and never received one call even after dropping my price to half the value of others like it. Now when I call this guy has the balls to tell me he is getting offers but the prices are too low. I asked to speak directly to the buyers and obviously that is not possible. They get you to pay from 100 - 500 for a listing and its a scam!

Comments

• Wh
      5th of Mar, 2010

I apparently was a victim of this scam. I will be contacting the New York State Attorney Generals office. A class action suit also seems to be in order.

27th of Apr, 2010

what came out of your suit please contact me i am looking into this company to sell my boat. do you have anymore information on them?

17th of Jul, 2010

i recently sold a boat by using American Boat Listing 30 foot sea Ray was very happy- i called some people on their testinonial page before listing they were all happy

• Mb
      26th of Jan, 2011

Your not the only one. I got the same pitch and spent $500 with a guarantee my boat would sell in six weeks. The [censor] even told me to raise my price 10K as my asking price was too low. I am so damn stupid to fall to this predators lies. Boat has not sold and its been 2 years...

• Se
      1st of Feb, 2011

I also was an [censor] to fall for this. Paid $500.00 and not a call yet. They told me they had a client list looking for searays and also told me it would seel fast and not a damn call. Don't fall for this like i did

• Mb
      1st of Feb, 2011

Here is another fact that ABL is a scam. After trying to adjust my ad I called for someone to call me back, made the adjustments I requested the representative wanted another $200 to feature my boat. I was born at night but not last night... They really have nerve.

• Se
      23rd of Apr, 2011

Yes, woman e-mailed me about my boat listing on craigslist said it will not work. When I called her she said her turnaround time is usually 2 weeks. She said my boat was nice and thought I was listing it too low. She said they list used boats at boat shows and in different boat sales magazines. Sounds like same rehearsed scam. I did not receive a single inquiry.

• Ga
      31st of Mar, 2014

Yes, I too was scammed. The guy said he saw my ad on CraigsList for a 33 Formula and said he had five buyers looking for one right now. He said give me your credit card number, it costs $299 and email me the pics and consider it sold. I gave him the number thought about it and decided not to email pics When I called him back on his voice mail I told him to cancel it. He never called me back and charged my VISA. My VISA statement shows he charged it.!! Gary Vann