American Automobile Association / AAA.com / tnt towing and transportation az

1 Prescott, AZ, United States

I called AAA for a tow because the car throttle got stuck at 70mph which rendered it un-drivable. This turned out to be a factory recall so the car needed to get towed to the nearest dealership, which was the Galpin Mazda in Prescott AZ. All AAA phone employees were extremely helpful and sincere, plus the TNT tow driver arrived earlier than aaa predicted. However, Eddie the TNT tow truck driver listened to our explanation of the car, took the car keys, and told us to go on ahead and he'll be coming soon. The drive took us 30 minutes going within the speed limit. We waited for about an hour, but had to go, so then I called aaa. The aaa agents contacted TNT towing to contact the driver, the company said they could not get in touch with Eddie but he should be about 20-30 minutes. After 50 minutes I called aaa again trying to find the car. At that moment the tow truck finally arrived at the Mazda. It took TNT towing over 2 hours for a 30 minute drive. I received a call from a different TNT tow truck driver requesting payment, when I asked about Eddie he said he had to send Eddie to another dispatch and his name is Terry. Terry took our payment over the phone of $150. About 30 minutes later the Mazda service department called to say that the TNT tow truck driver had kept the key - I don't know if it was Eddie or Terry- and was going to bring it back shortly. The service department could not start working on the car until the keys arrived. This morning we were informed that the keys were dropped off in the after hours box, much later than the TNT towing company had told Tony from the dealership. The Mazda mechanic was there yesterday ready to work on the car- which was sitting in the service department- but won't be back till Tuesday. I was helping my mom move so the car is full of her home and belongings, besides that she will be carless until Tuesday in a new town. This is not the way to treat people or do business. My experience makes me wish I had not used AAA since it let me to such a disrespectful and irresponsible company. It makes me want to cancel my membership. I STRONGLY recommend that you remove TNT towing and transportation from the AAA roadside assistance service. I will be contacting the TNT towing company to inquire about why the drivers changed as well the irresponsible behavior. Please reconsider your partnership with this shady business.
Thank you.