American Airlines / refund/cancellation scam

1 OK, United States Review updated:

After researching and comparing prices, refunds, cancellations and restrictions. I chose American Airlines. This was a terrible mistake. First off, I made sure, prior to booking this fliight, that the ticket would be refundable. I read their policy and everything. Even the flight details showed that the flight was refundable and if cancelled prior to the departure time, the ticket will be refunded. WRONG!!! I cancelled this flight within 24 hours, about a week before the departure flight date. Days before my credit card was even charged. I contacted customer service and requested a refund and the lady advised me that I would only be able to reschedule the flight, within one year from that date, as it will be reissued to use later, and no one else, except the person whose name is on the ticket would be able to use the ticket. This is crap, a straight scam and lousy service.

Comments

• Ju
      25th of Jan, 2016

American Airline refund policy is absolutely a scam. I bought my ticket on their website directly. I even purchased the traveler's insurance in case I need to cancel or change my trip. Now I have trouble I log into my account. After contacting them I was able to log in but can't find the ticket info. The lady told me over the phone that my ticket is nonrefundable. She asked me to contact the insurance company for a refund. But she did not give me any info on how to contact the insurance company. They sell insurance on their own website when I bought my ticket. Now they erased all of my ticket info and tell me they do not know anything about the insurance company. This is wrong and should be stopped.

• Gi
      3rd of Jun, 2016

AA SHOULD NOT CHARGE CUSTOMERS WITHOUT NOTIFICATION.

• Gi
    AMERICAN AIRLINE - Poor service
    AMERICAN AIRLINE
    MIAMI, FL
    Miami
    Florida

I BOOKED A FLIGHT ONLINE FROM MIAMI TO NEW YORK RETURN. THE PRICE WAS US$219.00 INCLUDING TAXES. I WAS BILL A PRICE OF US$246.60. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY I WAS OVER CHARGED AND WAS NOT INFORM ABOUT IT.

• Lo
    American Airlines - Poor service
    American Airlines
    Dallas
    Texas

On December 15th 2010 our flight from Dallas, Texas was suppose to leave at 9:30 pm it then got changed to 10:15 pm which I understand delays. They boarded us on the plane at 9:35 pm where we sat until after midnight because we didnt have a pilot. We couldn't get off the plane and I asked one of the stewardest for a glass of ice and she told me that they couldn't serve us anything until we were in the air, but first class got served drinks and food. We were on the plane about thirty five minutes and they finally turned some air on. This was flight number 1017. Finally a crew from St. Louis arrived and they ended up taking us to Seattle. This is the first day that I've gotten out of bed because I got Pnuemonia. My son Eric Stout took us to Mexico and this flight was unbelieveable, poor service and very rude. When the other tenants arrived the old crew just laughed and said good luck still don;t know where the pilot was. There was the three of us and we were not happy. Please respond to me at [protected]@ymail.com. Thanks for listening. We didn't get home until close to four in the morning when originally we were suppose to get in at 10:30 pm on the 15th.