American Airlines / refund/cancellation scam
After researching and comparing prices, refunds, cancellations and restrictions. I chose American Airlines. This was a terrible mistake. First off, I made sure, prior to booking this fliight, that the ticket would be refundable. I read their policy and everything. Even the flight details showed that the flight was refundable and if cancelled prior to the departure time, the ticket will be refunded. WRONG!!! I cancelled this flight within 24 hours, about a week before the departure flight date. Days before my credit card was even charged. I contacted customer service and requested a refund and the lady advised me that I would only be able to reschedule the flight, within one year from that date, as it will be reissued to use later, and no one else, except the person whose name is on the ticket would be able to use the ticket. This is crap, a straight scam and lousy service.
More American Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- American Airlines - baggage mishap 
- American Airlines - unaccompanied minor policy/ children left alone! 
- American Airlines - lack of legroom, seating options 
- American Airlines - employee abuse 
- American Airlines - missing or stolen luggage 
- American Airlines - flight from jfk to antigua on thursday, march 14, 2019
- American Airlines - ticket price and seating
- American Airlines - changing tickets
- American Airlines - extra $38 charge to choose seat and move up in the cabin 
- American Airlines - worst customer service ever!