American Airlines / charges for their mistakes

I received an e-mail from American telling me that they had changes four of my six flight times. I had arranged this flight about 5 months before departure date. 45 days out, they tell me that everything was changed. I called and complained and Regina said I could get a full refund. I called another airline and found satisfactory flights and called American back to get my refund. Nichole Stokley, agent, told me again that I would receive a full refund. After enduring with her for approx. 40 minutes, a supervisor (Christine Covington) interrupted our conversation to tell me that there would not be a refund since there was no more than a 90 change in plans. After a shouting match with her, she finally looked up my itenery, she saw that she had made a mistake. NO I am sorry, just a snappy retort... your refund will be processed in 5 days more or less. She refused to give me the full refund even then, so I called back and asked for another supervisor (Elizabeth Gonzales). She was kind enough to get the full refund for me. What I dealt with for 20 minutes was an arrogant, loud, lying Christine Covington. The other 55 minutes was with an employee with about 5 hours training.

Va

Comments

Sn
  30th of Dec, 2008
American Airlines - stolen items from baggage
American Arlines

My wife had several pieces of jewelry stolen from her checked baggage at the El Paso airport at american airlines. They told us to "check with lost and found." Great. Thanks american airlines, never again.

Mu
  30th of Nov, 2009
American Airlines - Terrible airlines
aa.com

I traveled with AA three times in two months. They managed to loose my baggage (once) and bump me off my flight three times. Congratulations. I thought I was in one of those candid camera shows. The staff was amazing in trying to help me-but the company CEOs ought to be shot. And any judge or legislator that allows for the practice of overbooking should be out of a job. Overbooking should be illegal, period.

Ph
  5th of Feb, 2010

Hmm i had a pair of expensive kung fu pants go missing ever since then but not sure if i left it at the hotel which i could of not because i checked threw 3 times in the room but lost and found at hotel will call me when ever.I did check my room in my house and the entire house 4 times and nothing.I just hope american airlines is not stealing again.They are very cool kung fu wear and i just hope it s not stolen.

Cl
  21st of Mar, 2010
American Airlines - $50 Standby Fee
American Airlines

AA quietly inacted the $50 Standby Fee. I flew 3 times after the policy change with no idea. They still have an invalid free standby sign up in the rebooking area. Now I'm stuck at DFW for 4 hours. If I had known, I would have purchased this and the previous tickets through UNITED. UNITED AIRLINES still allows passengers to STANDBY FOR FREE. AA just lost a 15 year, 500, 000+ miles customer. Hello UNITED.

Ps
  18th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

My daughter has peanut allergy. We have been travelling with her for over 12 years. We picked AA because it says “we do not serve peanuts, …” in your website. One AA employee told us that on our return flight AA0154 on August 10, they will serve rice crackers with peanuts. When I called to verify and spoke with one supervisor Christine Covington, she refused to look into this matter, but repeatedly said AA does not guarantee peanut-free and advised us to carry necessary medications. I said since its AA’s policy not to serve peanuts, you should not serve snacks that contain peanuts, especially whole peanuts. She replied snacks are provided by contracted venders that cannot be changed. She went on to say that she handles 3000 flights and millions of passengers a day that she will not make such change for a passenger. I stated that I am not asking a peanut-free environment and understand some snacks are processed in facilities that also process peanuts and that there might be traces of peanuts in the snack and we are fine with that, but serving rice crackers with whole peanuts is essentially serving peanuts. She interrupted and said whole peanut or not what difference does it make since we don’t guarantee peanut free environment anyway?
I am complaining this because Christine Covington is simply rude, arrogant, confrontational, and has no intent to help people whatsoever. This 30-min long conversation didn’t go far at all because she shut it down right from the start. By any standards she does not fit a supervisor position and should be re-trained or fired.

Ma
  14th of Nov, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
American Airlines - DISCOUNT COUPON
AMERICAN AIRLINES

I used the AVIS offer that AA sells at your web site (Save up to 35% with every Avis rental plus earn up to 3000 bonus miles, using American Airlines Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number K817165 and the coupon numberMUAA022) and made a reservation at AVIS. Now AVIS and AA are refusing to give me the DISCOUNT that they offered me! I'm trying to solve this problem with both, but no one cares!

Ia
  9th of Feb, 2011
American Airlines - Sucks!
American Airlines

They steal your money and don't let you use it. I paid for tickets for my family to go on vacation and one member could not go. they refuse to let me use the funds toward another more expensive ticket. I am now out over $600. They don't care and I have exhausted appeals with them. I will never fly with them again!

Dh
  7th of Jul, 2011
American Airlines - Fool me twice...
American Airlines

Oh how I wish this company had never been bailed out. They delayed and delayed all day, often with no notice to the many of us waiting in the terminal. The result was that my wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon in a rainstorm in Puerto Rico rather than at the Ritz in St. Thomas. Then the Ritz took it upon themselves to cancel my reservation without telling me. A pox on you both!

Ho
  23rd of Mar, 2012
American Airlines - Baggage lost, no response to complaint
American Airlines

On April 1st my son and I traveled from LA to Munich for a skiing trip. Our baggage was lost and we did not receive it for 3 days. In order to ski we had to rent equipment. We also had to buy toiletries. The total out of pocket cost was $614. I wrote and documented our losses. I have had no response from the baggage department and no compensation.

Ah
  30th of Sep, 2014
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

Valerie, I read your compliant about American Airlines with some interest. That is until I saw that you had posted 611 different complaints. After reading some of your complaints, one thread runs in common, you are right and everyone else is wrong and unfair. Perhaps, instead of complaining all the time, perhaps you should just take some personal responsibility. - Ahmed