American Airlines / customers abuse
I purchased a ticket with AA, via Expedia. I had to change the date of the flight and I found that It was a penalty of 200 for changes. I look the rules and I learned that If American Airlines changes the flight is OK, however if the customer changes the flight they take $200 dollars.
Someone has to stop these airlines to abuse clients. Their one side policies only protect the airlines. They take fees and penalties with no reason.
If you are curious you could read the policy
ANY TIME TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF CANCEL/NO-SHOW/ REFUND. WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. WAIVER ALSO APPLIES FOR TRAVELING COMPANION. TICKET HAS NO VALUE UNLESS TICKETED FLIGHTS ARE CANCELLED PRIOR TO TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME.
CHARGE USD 200.00.
WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
WAIVER ALSO APPLIES TO TRAVELING COMPANION.
NO CHD DISCOUNT/INF WITHOUT A SEAT - 10 PCT.
THE ORIGINAL NON-REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON-REFUNDABLE.
CHANGES ARE PERMITTED PRIOR TO THE TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME OF EACH FLIGHT PROVIDED THE NEW ITINERARY MEETS ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THE NEW FARE PURCHASED
More American Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- American Airlines - baggage mishap 
- American Airlines - unaccompanied minor policy/ children left alone! 
- American Airlines - lack of legroom, seating options 
- American Airlines - employee abuse 
- American Airlines - missing or stolen luggage 
- American Airlines - cancellation of flights 
- American Airlines - flight departing time 
- American Airlines - complaint about food making me sick.
- American Airlines - broken seat/ridiculous delay
- American Airlines - tickets bought with points