American Acceptance LLC / deceptive practices

1 CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: (719)543-6237

I believe that I have been contacted by a scavenger debt collector and coerced into giving them my debit card number using illegal debt collection practices. A representative called me saying they were working with lawyers and they were about to garnish my wages. They said they sent me letters in other states where i had lived. These were all lies. I have never received the first piece of documentation. I have read blogs and fraud accounts about this very company in which other people were similarly victimized using the exact same word-for-word script. I feel violated and angry that someone would do this to my family just before Christmas. I am worrying about getting laid off, I have a 15 month old baby and another on the way and now I have to worry about the SOL on this 25 year old debt being revived.

Comments

8th of Feb, 2010

The same thing just happened to me this morning. They would not give me any information on who supposedly has the actual garnishment order. All they would tell me is that I owed a bill for a providian credit card that I never even had all the way back from 1999. Once they realized I wasn't falling for there scam they got mad at me and hung up.