America Servicing Company / Website mismanagement

1 7495 New Horizon WayFrederick, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-248-5719

This loan servicing company works on investors. Due to a variety of problems with this company (wells' fargo led), I am chapter 13. Their lawyer has sent a letter to my lawyer saying I am 4k behind, even though I have made payments. I looked on line (https://carenet.fnfismd.com/wellsasc/), and sure enough, I am. However, the payment due date is 3 YEARS OLD. Beware of these people, get a better lawyer than I did. Unknown of relationship between him and them.

Comments

• Ms
      15th of Jun, 2010
    America Servicing Company - Loan Modification
    Memphis
    Tennessee

I would like to let everyone know that ASC is the worst possible company to deal with. I have been trying to get my 77 year old mother in the loan modification program. Every time I hear from them she needs this, she needs that. Finally, I had all her paperwork in order, then we needed tax papers, well mom being 77 and working day work, getting paid on a daily basis it was hard to get tax papers. I finally got that matter taken care of, sent the paper work in. Got a call from ASC did not get paper, I responded, yes, I faxed them. Representative came back to the phone, they were late getting in. Now mind you me and another Representative had spoken and she asked me if I wanted her to hold onto the papers that she had until she got the tax papers, I replied yes, please. Now the person that I am speaking with told me there was no note in the file indicating that this conversation took place. Therefore, my mother was denied. Then I was told to resubmit everything all over again, I did. Now I am still getting all this negativeness from them. Who ever wrote and said there should be a class action suit against them, I am all for it. If my mother get this loan I will let the world know about it, if she doesnt, the world will still know. I personally tried to get my mom to let the house go. But she said, I want to stay in my house until I die. Lord help me for trying to keep my mom in this house. If anyone know of another way, I can get help in order to lower my mom's mortgage, please let me know. I am constantly on this web site, reading all the bad things about this company. So, if you write, I will be reading it.

Thank you.

America Servicing Company - Mortgage
    Florida
    rr.com

ASC or Wells Fargo makes no difference they are one in the same. ASC is making it so difficult to keep my home that no matter what they say on the phone and I follow it is not correct according to the next person you get on the telephone when you call. I sent in 2 Western Union checks for the amount requested, as Western Union only will accept funds up to $ 4999.99 and I had to wire almost $10, 000 immediately in order to keep my home. ASC received 1 check and Wells Fargo the other. I verified the next morning that the money was received and it was confirmed my someone. 19 days passes and I get a letter about home owners insurance and call as I paid it 02.01.09. Why did they applied homeowners insurance at triple the price I paid when I was not deliquent on the homw owners insurance? No one would talk to me because the house was in foreclosure "STATUS". No one called to tell me that they returned my Western Union Money as there was not enough funds. Of course there wasn't when they SCAMMED me again by receiving 1 check by ASC and 1 by Wells Fargo and returning it without notifying me. There was almost $10, 000 sitting in limbo. I thought every thing was good as I called an confirmed the payment. Guess what? No record of calling, only the record of returning the money as there was not enough funds. Once again I sent the money Western Union (2 separate wires) and confirmed they received it. This time it went there however now I had additional charges for being late. In addition the insurance applied I have to call another department to get there insurance taken off and mine applied. Not possible as the STATUS is still in foreclosure. With all the attorneys fees they applied my payment went from $1700 to $ 2600 for the next 6 months. What attorney fees and since when to attorneys make that amount of money and I have never been informed of any transactions or actions taken against me. I have lived in my house for 20 years, I did not over finance I became suddenly disabled and have been unable to work for 3 years and probably for life. I sold ever thing I have and finally have received SSA after 3 years and was trying to keep up with the mortage. Now I can't keep up with that $2600 a month payment with SSA of $ 1400 a month. Do you think they would work with me? No!
    Any one who thinks the mortagage company does NOT want your house is so misinformed. They do want your house especially is it is 1/2 paid for. I am trying to work with them but ASC/Wells Fargo have more power tham I do. I need help to stay here or I will be another homeless American. Why isn't the government's investigation team about fraud involved in ASC/Wells Fargo? If they would take a look at the number of complaints and actually talk to some of the people who are in STATUS foreclosure or sent in complaints maybe they would find out what fraud really is. Help us especially since we are trying to help ourselves and getting SCAMMED.

• Sv
    America Servicing Company - What a nightmare
    America Servicing Company

I have been fighiting with American's Servicing Co for the past year and a half. It wasn't until I contacted NACA that I was finally given a response. This was after numerous calls to the servicer (each time I was give a completely different answer by each rep).

I received ASC's modification agreement via fed-ex yesterday. The documents state I need to response (with payment) w/in 10 business days. The letter is dated 8/11, it wasn't mailed ot until 8/13 and I didn't receive until yesterday because they sent out 2 day delivery Fed-Ex.

The rate stayed the same, the payment dropped by about $16.73 and I was added 10 years to my loan. My new balance is over $180, 000, the house is currently valued at about $60, 000. As I stated before, I need to submit a payment of over $800 on the documents but no where does it state what the funds are for. I called ASC and asked what the funds are for. They indicated it was my 1st payment due, for September. I let her know the documents sent to me state my first payment is due October 1st. I don't even get 30 days to make my first payment? So the legal documents provided to me are not accurate?? She went on to explain it's only a portion of my first payment because they are taking funds in a "floating account" to credit the full payment amount. I asked how is it legal that I don't get 30 days to make my first payment and worse off it's not properly documented in the modification agreement? She stated if you don't take the offer simply don't return anything and we can proceed to a different alternative, forclousure...I said no, the only alternative is me contacting a lawyer. She then put me on hold and came to say oh i'm sorry, your right, your first payment is Oct 1 and those funds are for the Oct 1st payment. No need to send the funds now, just now your modification won't be modified until we receive the funds. ????????

I can't start to explain the frustrations I have lived with for the past year and a half trying to get thru to this company. Their associates know NOTHING. You can never talk to a manager or any of their negotiators or anybody in their investor department. How can they get away with what they are doing? My original loan was not a stated, ARM or interest loan. I never re-financed to pull cash out and max out my loan to value. I lost my job, found a new one with a cut pay and had a child which up'd my expenses. I know have a steady job, one $22x mth credit card and though I was offered a new modification I still can't afford my payment. No wonder the modification default rate is so high. Has anyone ever tried (and been succesfull) at obtaining a 2nd modification after one has already been completed? I really don't want to loose my house. But I know I can't afford this payment. My last resort is to accept this modification and start to push for a new one w/in the next few months. What a nightmare!!!

• Do
    America Servicing Company - applied payments wrong
    amercia servicing company
    aurora
    Aurora
    Illinois

they are the worst company on planet, they should be out of business, everytime you call you get some incompetent person, i called to check on my account and they have it all messed up. so because my husband was diagnosed w/cancer and was off work and i lost my job, 2/2007 we ended up filing bankruptcy to save the house. they never took the past due off, they were unwilling to make any type of arrangements, i never had a problem with any of the other companies that my loan was transferred to..my payments never applied correctly..3/2008 next thing i knew we were in foreclosure and then when we called to try and recify it and make something happen to keep my home they referred us to the attorney for them. i ended up after trying everything that i could and under their direction that i had 6-7 months from the letter to be out, i rented an apartment, and now they tell me that it will not be until may of 2009 before it is final. i am upset..
    what is this world coming to.. i guess the end..

• Re

America Servicing Company - This company is a joke
    Detroit
    Michigan

I received a letter from this company to pay my deliquent taxes. I called them to find out how much was due. They couldn't tell me, so I called the county, then I paid them. I received a tax document that stated taxes would be deliquent if not paid by 2/28/08, so I planned to pay them in February. ASC sent me another letter saying to pay late taxes. I called them and faxed over proof of payment. They sent out two more notices in which I faxed over proof of payment. My husband requested that they send a letter stating that the taxes were paid. Well, they did. Then on 12/10/07 another letter came so I called ASC and they said that they paid the taxes, but no check had been sent out. During this conversation, I guess they became a little smarter because they told me that the tax bill I just received which was due by 2/28/08 were deliquent taxed ( yeah right). So, I went down to the city treasurer and paid the taxes. I thought that was the end of my problems, but they were just beginning. In January I received a letter stating that my monthly mortgage would increase from 500 to 1200 per month. When I called ASC they said that I had to pay them back for not one tax bill, but two tax bills (even though I just received the second one yesterday, so how could it be deliquent). So, at this point I'm behind one month in my mortgage because I used a mortgage payment to pay taxes that were deliquent, and I'm out an additional 2000 dollars because I have to wait for the city to send a refund to me or to ASC, plus I'm out an additional 700 per month because ASC has idiots working for them. This is my first house and I beginning to think that I'd be better off living in an apartment. WHAT IDIOTS!!!!

• De
    America Servicing Company - No Response
    Americas Servicing Company
    Virginia Beach
    Virginia
    Phone: 757-619-4718

I have a high INTEREST rate mortgage with Wells Fargo via ASC and can't keep up the payments. I am in a chapter 13 and have submitted a request for approval of short sale, along with all requested information. ASC has ordered and received the appraisal (BPO). The short sale offer is at the current market rate in a declining market (Virginia Beach, Va.) and to my dismay, the negotiator has been sitting on the information and not responding. Everytime I call, the gatekeeper sends an email, or so I'm told, but no one returns the call. I get that we are in precarious times. What I don't get is that Wells Fargo / ASC has an offer at today's market value and ASC seems to be frozen like a deer in the headlights and not taking action. I guess you would prefer sitting on a house at $400, 000. (high price point for the market) instead of taking this current value offer while it's there. Believe me, the buyers can buy any house they want. Wells Fargo / ASC has to sell this house, the offerers don't have to buy this house. Can someone please come back to earth and approve the request, or at least submit a response so that the offerers can move on with their life.

Deborah Purcell
    Accounts: 1292000361 1292000392
    SSN: ***-**-2774
    Property Address: 2401 Savannah Trail, Virginia Beach, Va. 23456

America Servicing Company - $10 fax fee
    America Servicing Company

Yes, I think this company is the biggest rip off there is. First they would not modify me loan because they said we couldn't come up with an Agreement... You want to know why is because I still pay them there Mortgage. So, now I am refinancing and I receive my mortgage statement and it had a $10 extra charge.I called and was told it was for a fax they sent for a payoff. I was not notified of this fee and when I asked for a payoff a year ago and they mailed me one I was NOT charged extra, surprise I wasn't charged a stamp fee.

I will never recommend this Company, they make enough off me and to nickel and dime you like this is CRAZY.

• El
    America Servicing Company - Unfair foreclosure

Our mortgage loan was sold to ASC. Due to unforeseen difficulties we got behind and asked if we could do a loan repayment plan in November 2006. I spoke with a representative, they took the financial information over the phone and stated they will fax me needed paperwork to see if we qualify, they wanted a large down payment, I said I could put a small amount as good faith of &1000 which all I had, she stated it was not good enough. She stated the company would respond to me in 45 days. I filled out the paperwork the same day, faxed it back same day. I was instructed to call back in a week to see if it was received. I called back in a week, they stated was received and continue to wait for answer. I called every week to check status of my loan, each week, I got the same answer, "the loan has not been assigned yet". On December, 15th, they stated to me that they had not received my pay stubs, I told them, I had been calling each week, why until now they informed me? I faxed the pay stubs of my husband and mine. I called a week later, only to find that they still had not received them, and the case still had not been assigned. I called at the end of December, they stated they did receive pay stubs, but no one assigned to case. By this time they had placed a foreclosure notice of March 8, 2007. I called twice a week, every week in January, each time, the same "Sorry, mam, the case has not been assigned to anyone". On January, 31st I called they told me that the case was just received in the foreclosure/repayment department, but still had not been assigned to anyone. I again kept calling every two days and got the same answer. We were feeling pressured as the foreclosure date was approaching. I spoke to one rep on Feb 15th, he stated they would need $13, 000 by Feb 22 in order to stop the foreclosure, luckily, I had just filed taxes the day before, I told him we would have the money. He stated they could not wait more than 7 days, he was a rep in the credit department, he told me if I was going through the repayment program/foreclosure then they would have to approve it, he then stated the case in that dept was still not assigned to any one. I explained that the company had failed to respond to me in 45 days as stipulated in November 1st, 2006. He said sorry, he could do nothing about it. I continued to call daily, still the same answer. Finally, on March 6th, I call them to tell them I got all of the $13, ooo and willing to send it or take it to them, the representative said to me "Sorry, mam, we need the whole amount of $27, 000, $13, 000 would not do. Ironically, I called on March7 and 8th I got the same answer, the case still had not been assigned, I called on March 9th the trustee which I also had been contact with, I called ASC, they told me the case had been closed. Unfortunately, our house was foreclosed on. We waited for 3 and half months for a response, even gathered the money, did everything as we were told, and we still lost our house. My husband and I are outraged and find it hard that this company would do this. The real estate agent who worked with us who came to our home to inspect it has told me that many people have lost their home this last month, sadly to say she said" all the people who lost their home, had mortgages with ASC, just this month she reposed 4 that were all from ASC".

• Al
      11th of Aug, 2016

You defaulted on your loan. You need to read the terms of the mortgage. They did nothing wrong. Its people who don't pay their bills like you that makes the rates higher for everyone else.

11th of Aug, 2016

Forcing hazard insurance, increasing escrow accounts.