America Online / Being billed during trial, no refund!

1 United States

I tried setting up an AOL acct and during the registration process I received a "fatal error" twice, finally on the 3rd attempt I was able to set up a screen name. A few days later my Visa was charged $25.90 twice, turns out even though I received an error message the first two times, the service set up those 2 accounts also and since only one acct is able to receive the "free trial" AOL decided to charge my card the $25.90 for EACH of the extra accounts. When I called to see what happened the rep said I should have called technical support when I received the error instead of starting over, so I decided to cancel both the accounts that I didn't want, plus the one I did - the rep then disconnected the call so when I called back in and waited on hold for another 10 min the next rep said a refund was issued -- well, its been almost 2 weeks and I haven't received the refund to my credit card. I tried emailing Customer Service only to be told to call in, which doesn't help either -- where should I go from here?? I know one thing, I will never even think of using AOL again.