Ameriassist / No results & no refund

1 MT, United States Review updated:

We are in dire financial problems and turned to Ameriasist for negotiation help with our creditors. It took them 4 weeks to "set up" our account and supposedly contact our creditors that they would be handling our payments. After a month plus of doing nothing they started collecting payments of approx $500 per week. We made 2 payments and then realized that they were doing nothing to help us they were just padding their own pockets. We called and called no answer. We emailed, no response. Finally we stopped the 3rd payment and low and behold we got a phone call. More empty promises. We then requested a refund of the payments that were made since we were dropping their servces and not going through with their program. They refused to refund anything stating that it was OUR breach of contract that we would not be following through with the progam and they were entitled to these payments. We had not been informed that no payments would be made to our creditors for months and months. Our creditors never stopped calling and all creditors stated that they had NEVER heard from our Neogtiation Specialist. Ameriassist is nothing but a scam. We should file a lawsuit against them for the money they kept, but the only ones who would get anything are they lawyers.

Mo

Comments

• Ct
      6th of Apr, 2009

DO NOT count on a company like AmerAssist to help you get out of debt. We had the same problems and they have $4000 of ours and will not refund our money. They advertise online that they were a Corporation Debt Consolidation Company and at the time we had an S-Corporation that was failing and had turned to credit cards. They promised in no time creditors would be notified and would stop calling, never happened and 12 months later we are worse off credit score wise then we would have been filing bankruptcy. They do not return phone calls, not even from attorney’s. I've sent Consumer Complaints to both Ohio where they are located and Minnesota where we were located and also wrote the FTC. I suggest you do the same and at least maybe we could put them out of business so they don't take advantage of others who are just trying to find something to help out in the situation they are in. The consumer Complaint forms are on the Attorney General Websites for the state.

• Na
      17th of Apr, 2009

I am currently a customer of Ameriassist I have had the same experience I tried to cancel after they had alot of my money and they said that I would breach my contract and I would loose my money so I stayed, I should have took my loses then. I have now funded over 21, 000 and still receive calls everyday my credit score is in the toliet my credit cards have been closed that I kept because of my credit score. They fail to tell you that they let stuff get so behind that they settle and still charge you the same amount so if you owe 10, 000 they settle the account for 5, 000.00 you still pay 10, 000.00 and they pocket 5, 000.00 and your credit suffers. Why not just make arrangements directly and save the money yourself. THEY ARE A RIP OFF SCAM... I say lets start a class action suit and put them out of business.

• Va
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Same problem here.
    They are holding $20, 000 and emailed me that they wouldn't refund for breach of contract.
    I have all proofs.
    If someone file class lawsuit against CDCC, I'm in too.

• St
      8th of Sep, 2014
    Ameriassist - Nasty Reps and Supervisor
    Ameriassist
    Columbus Ohio

These people are so rude, nasty and judgemental. They do not know how to talk to or treat people. They want you to feel like crap because they feel you owe a debt. Incompetent customer services rep (Sheena) and her manager (John) were the worst people from an apparant place of business in my life.