AMC Theatre Southfield, MI. / guest relations
On Wednesday 7/23/08, at 7:10 p.m. I purchased a ticket for the 7:30 p.m. showing of the Dark Knight at the AMC Southfield Theatre. Midway through the movie the alarm system sounded and patrons were informed to evacuate the building via the nearest exit. The world conditions are very serious and dangerous and I did not stand around with the crowd to become a victim of some terrorist action. I returned to the AMC Southfield, Mi. Theatre at approximately 4:30 p.m. on Thursday August 7, 2008, and went directly to the theatre service desk. I spoke with two people at the service desk. One was a white male name Dan and a white female, who did most of the talking. I asked for her name and she stated "I don't have to give that information". I explained to them that I was one of the moviegoers that evacuated the theatre on 7/23/08. I requested a guest pass for the Dark Knight. There were fewer than one hundred vehicles in the theatre parking lot.The female manager/superviosr told me that they would only honor tickets that were redeemed within two week of 7/23/08. I told them that I was not aware of the time frame in which a ticket had to be redeemed. I could not understand why my request could not be honored as the Dark Knight was still showing. The supervisor/manager Dan said that I could have obtained my ticket by devious means. They both refused to honor my request for a guest pass to an almost empty theatre. I was insulted by their refusal and insults. To make matters worse on Monday August 11, 2008, I contacted AMC Guest Service Corporate Hotline and made a verbal complaint. The service representative took my complaint and advised me that someone from management would contact me. That contact never happened. On Monday August 18, 2008, I called the corporate gusest service again to inquire as to why no one made contact with me and was advised that someone from management would contact me. As of August 23, 2008, no one from AMC Theatre has contacted me to resolve my concerns.
It appears that the only way I'll see the Dark Knight is to go to another theatre. I doubt that I'll ever patronize AMC Theatres in the future.
I will follow up with a letter to the AMC Corporate Office.
More AMC Theatre Southfield, MI. Complaints & Reviews
- AMC Theatres - not allowing you to take in food or drinks 
- AMC Theaters - employment 
- AMC Theatres - lack of customer service 
- AMC Theaters - concession prices 
- AMC Theater - underage children in rated r movies unattended by adults 
- AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings - a-list membership-unethical behavior; scam; corporate fraud
- AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings - tickets/seat
- AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings - pricing policy
- AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings - treatment of employees 
- AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings - seats, screen not working