AMC Theaters / concession prices
I am a regular movie goer but will probably shop more. Recently my wife and I went to the local AMC Theater to see a movie. To our surprise, the cost of concessions has gone up again. That has occurred every two to three months for the last five years. For instance, five years ago the purchase of two small popcorns and two small Diet Cokes was $7 which was about $4 more than outside the theater and quite rediculous. Now those same two small popcorns and two small Diet Cokes cost $17 which is $14 more than outside theater prices which is totally unacceptable. We can go to a fairly good restaurant and have a meal for that price.
That's on top of the $10 each ticket price. For two people the total bill that night was $37 which is not anywhere close to competitive in the movie marketplace for this area and not competitive with other entertainments available. As a result we will not be attending AMC Theaters any longer and encourage other AMC customers to complain through this forum. AMC does not have a complaint or customer interface on their web site.
More AMC Theaters Complaints & Reviews
- AMC Theatres - not allowing you to take in food or drinks 
- AMC Theaters - employment 
- AMC Theatres - lack of customer service 
- AMC Theater - underage children in rated r movies unattended by adults 
- AMC Theatres - terrible everything 
- AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings - a-list membership-unethical behavior; scam; corporate fraud
- AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings - tickets/seat
- AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings - pricing policy
- AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings - treatment of employees 
- AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings - seats, screen not working