Ambit Energy / Horrible Customer Service

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877 282 6248

I've had AmbitEnergy for 7 months now and on the Lone Star Gold 1 Year Term. I've always paid my bill on time and never had a problem with receiving my bill at my previous address. I moved to my new address and transferred my service as well the end of July 2008. In the last 2 months that I have moved to my new address I have not received a bill at all or any mail from Ambit Energy. One day my Electricity was turned off with my child in the house mid SUMMER I called but first was on hold for an hour and 15 minutes to let them know that I never received a Bill but they said they sent it and never got the return mail. So I paid the bill the same day as soon as I knew that it was turned off with an extra 60 dollar reconnect few and also the electricity was not turned back on till the next day. We tried to resolve the mail issue and asked for a manager to contact us back but that never happened. Lack of employees in Customer Service and not at all satisfied with the Customer Service.

Next Month the same exact thing happened which was September 2008. This time on hold for 2 hours and there is no sarcasm when I say 2 hours. I again ask to speak to a manager before I pay my bill and there is no one available again to speak to and I don't feel that it's right that I have to pay the 60 extra a month for the reconnection fee when I'm not receiving my mail for Ambit so that I'm aware of my bill and can pay my bill. The Customer service Agent tells me that I need to check with my Post Office. I tell her that I recieve my bills from all other utilities but Ambit. So being on hold trying to One not have to pay the extra 60 dollar reconnect for the second month in a Row due to this but secondly figure out what the problem is with the mail and get it resolved. So Frustrated with all of this I finally pay the bill and ask them again to have a Supervisor call me due to the lack of Customer Service and Knowledge to a solution. I got to my Post Office and they verify everything is okay with my address and Carrier and that something could be wrong with the bar code on the envelope. So I call Ambit Energy back first thing in the Morning around 830 to try to catch them early without a long hold and still surprisingly on hold for 45 minutes. I tell a Gentlemen the situation and ask to speak to a Supervisor but Customer Service has another department answering Calls because Customer Service is so behind and backed up. So I ask him to send a letter out to my address by hand and also have a Supervisor call me. I finally receive my first bill that I have received from Ambit Energy this week but still have not a return call from the Supervisor. Come to also find out they have changed my discounted rate Plan which is .1194 per kwh to .1990 per kwh because of the disconnections. You wouldn't believe how much more I'm paying because of all of this.

I found a number for the Corporate office in Dallas and contacted James P. to let them know what had been going on and I'm trying to resolve this matter at hand and have them also settle this higher rate Ambit has changed my Plan to and the two extra 60 dollar charges that I've paid when my electricity had been turned off due to not receiving my mail. He said there was nothing really that he could do but he know the person in the Billing and Mail and would have that person contact me to get that resolved and I would have to call Customer Service about the Change of my Rate Plan. I have now been on hold for coming up to an hour now and wish I could just get some help or a phone call from a Supervisor to settle this entire mess.

If there's anyone that can help email me at fdunmoodie@yahoo.com

Comments

31st of Oct, 2008

I am having very similar problems! They bumped my rate up due to disconnects also. Even if the disconnect is legitimate, why would a company think that raising someones rate when they are already having trouble paying bills is going to HELP the customer be on time?!

UGH!

• Le
      16th of Apr, 2009

The longest I have been on hold with them was for 3 hours and I hung up! Better yet try waiting 2 1/2 hours just for them to hang up on me..

I tried to switch to another company but Ambits rates happen to be the cheapest.. Do we pay for discent customer service?? or get lower rates and put up with all this bs?!?!?!

13th of Jun, 2009

I have had nothing but great service from Ambit Energy. Sometimes I think employees of other electric companies post these complaints just to bring down the new guys. Why? I'm greatful for the price I pay, and the customer service has been ok.

• Na
      12th of Jul, 2009

Right on. Ambit has absolutely NO customer service. 1 day late and you get a disconnect notice. 10 days late, electricity is turned off. And they don't even give you any courtesy call like all the other companies. I waited on the phone for over 2 hours to try and set up a payment plan after my rates doubled after the first month. Their draw is the multi-level hook. You are a broker for a brokerage firm. All I want is fair rates with some customer service. Best thing to do if you are scammed by Ambit is to change companies as fast as you can.

• Le
      20th of Jul, 2009

Mark,
    I think you’re the employee here. If so many people have issues then I think your one puny opinion doesn’t matter. Its simple the rates are nice but AMBIT does not hold them selves accountable for anything. This company tries to pass the buck when you take a stand from the disorganization of the company.

They shut off my service, and when I called they had NO IDEA why it was shut off!
    So Mark you tell me when you go 5 days without service because of a company not knowing what the hell they are doing how happy are you???

When they tell you one thing and do another we have issues.
    When they tell you something and do not notate the account we have issues.
    When they hang up on you because they don’t know the answer to your question we have issues.
    When they cut of your electricity without warning we have issues.
    When they can get to your house to shut it off but don’t have time to reconnect we have issues.
    When you pay through their system yet your account doesn’t reflect it yes we have issues.

And this is a customer so take your stuff elsewhere!!

• Hu
      6th of Aug, 2010

Hmmm...So when did Leaving Your Legacy Photography receive permission to verbally abuse Mark?? He's not the only one who has had good service.

I understand that there are LOTS of problems due to the # of negative reviews I have read. It's not Mark's fault. If I were on the other end of the line with Your Legacy Photography, I would suddenly have a mysterious disconnect.

Oh, and, I have decided not to switch to Ambit. Bulk of the reviews I have read make Reliant Energy look great!

• Yo
      7th of Sep, 2010

I am sorry that all of you have such negative things to say about Ambit. I am not only a customer for 2.5 years but I am a consultant too. First of all...Ambit is not in control of your electricity getting cut off. For instance, I use Con Edison as my provider. Despite the fact that Ambit is my energy provider Con Edison still comes to read my meter and is responsibile for shutting off my service. NOT AMBIT!!! When I review my bill it comes in two parts. The first part is from Con Ed and they bill me a certain amount and then Ambit is the second part and they bill me a certain amount. For the most part, Con Ed's amount is more than Ambit's amount. Why??? I do not know... I believe a lot of it has to do with the fact that they have so much to repair and they want us the customer to pay for that. Ambit goes up with the stock market... what I mean by this is that if the rate of oil/gas is up so is your energy bill unfortunately. I have seen this time and time again. The 3 day 2 day trip I have to admit I have done and the best part was the presentation they had us on. But you have to read what Grand Incentives put in the small writing. I also participate in the referral program. This has allowed Ambit to send me checks for my energy portion of my bill. Is it 100.00 and more. No! But it is the amount that they usually bill me and this helps a lot. Once again... I apologize for all of your horrible experiences. I stand by Ambit Energy 1000% and this company is a great one.

• Je
      11th of Oct, 2010

I am a commercial broker and I donot side with anyone RETAIL ELECTRIC PROVIDER all the companies do is PROVIDE ELECTRICITY AT RETAIL RATE. Your service or TDSP transmission distribution service provider such as ONCOR, TNMP, CENTERPOINT, AEP etc they all own the poles and wires and meters...these people read your meter do power outages and makes sure that the energy you buy per kwh from TXU, RELIANT, AMBIT etc gets from point A to point B which is your house. No AMBIT cannot cut off your energy they do request your TDSP to do so if you donot pay your bill. Its the same with any company. On residential rates there should only be one inclusive charge not several apart from perhaps a meter or account fee which varies 5-10 dollars. What you donot see is that part of your 9 to 11 cents per kwh goes to your TDSP and the other portion goes to your REP such as AMBIT. In commercial accounts however you do have a kwh per hour which is the price you pay for energy you use. Then there is a KW or demand charge or pass-through or tdsp charge which is the portion that goes to your TDSP owner of your poles and wires depending where you live. This can vary but this cost can be high regardless if you use any electricity or not and has nothing to do with TXU, RELIANT, AMBIT, etc...you will see this fee every month before you even use a single drop of energy. Most ppl donot know how to read their bill or understand it thought it is fairly easy. I JUST STARTED marketing for AMBIT and so far have not had any problems and have signed up many family and friends. They are not perfect but by far seem to be better than all the other companies out there. I can help anyone with any REP should you need help my services are free of charge.