Amber Furst, AJ Furst / dogs

We thought we bought two 8 month poodles. The breeder said they are 8 months old. One male, one female. I was given a contract, CKC papers with the parent's names, and date of birth. I was also given shot records, minus the rabies vaccine, that she had already told me she had not given them.
The next day I noticed the male was scratching his ears quite often. So I contacted the breeder and asked if his ears were bothering him when she had him. She said maybe it's because she bathed him before we picked him up, and forgot to put the ear wash in his ears. So I started cleaning his ears with ear wash myself. But the next day he was still scratching, a lot! I also noticed that their teeth were not really white and clean, like puppy teeth should be. The female had unbelievable death breath. If she got close enough to my face she smelled like she had just passed gas. So l took them to the vet that same day to check them out. The vet asked, What breed are these supposed to be?" We answered, "Toy poodle." He replied, "I don't think they are full poodle. They are mixed with something else. Something tall, like a Whippet or Min Pincher." Then he asked about their age. We said, "8 months old." He looked at their teeth and said, "No Way They are 8 Months Old! They both have brown tartar all over their teeth, especially the back teeth. That's why the female's breath is so bad." He said they are a minimum of 1.5 years old. The male has a yeast infection and bacterial infections in both ears. Both dogs have round worms and hook worms, and he suspects tape worms also. This breeder, Amber Furst, brags that she doesn't have to vaccinate her dogs against Rabies because she's a member of the Humane Society Of NC. And she built 2 No Kill Shelters in her area. So I called the Humane Society in her town. There answer was, "they have NO IDEA who she is and asked for her contact info." They told us to give the information to Animal Control also. So then I called Animal Control in her area. The young man on the phone said that they know her. They've known about her for years. However, she has a few friends there that are supervisors. So it's pretty obvious that they let her get away with her illegal activities. Beware of this breeder.

Da