Amazon.com / vipoutlet refuses to honor guarantee for refurbished saw they, describe as "like new grade a" only it doesn't cut wood

I would have given this saw a 4 if it had not been for the seller's fulfillment mistakes and the Amazon A to Z Guarantee Program policies. I purchase a refurbished saw for $128 ($140 w/ shipping); which is $60 less than I could a new one. VIPOUTLET was the seller. VIPOUTLET in their description said the saw had been inspected and was "Grade A, like new". The saw they sent me was missing the Quick Stand (worth $75), Rip Fence (worth $37) and anti kickback plate. Not sure if this was intentional or due to incompetence; highly unlikely these items were stolen out of the box. More likely the seller needed the parts for another customer.
I told VIPOUTLET I wanted to keep the saw and asked they offer a partial refund to cover the expense of buying replacements. Eventually after 1 hour with them on the phone they offered $64 which I could not expect. VIPOUTLET said to return the saw for refund which I refused because I needed it for a deck renovation. Long story short I've cancelled Prime--A to Z Guarantee program said I had to return the saw, else they would cancel my claim against the seller. I believe now that the A to Z Guarantee program supports the seller (first priority) and not the consumer. Why else did they say return the saw after I told them I did not want to return the $140 saw. I bought a new one from Home Depot for $199. Notice the Amazon return boxes in the background of the picture, smiling at sellers failure and after dumping on me. Saws, foreground, are from my Home Depot purchases, they do work!

Amazon.com

Sh
Jan 1, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      1st of Jan, 2018

would dispute this with amazon and not sure if got refund or not from this seller but hope you did