Amazon.com / unauthorized charges

1 Rio Grande City, TX, United States Review updated:

I made an order trough Amazon.com (a book) when I realized that I wasn't buying from Amazon books. I was actually ordering trough this other company -SmartSavings- and that they will automatically enroll you on some sort of membership for one dollar a month. I cancelled the order right in there and called the company and told them I was not interested on any membership enrollment deal. they told me not to worry that since the order didn't go trough I was not going to be enroll at all. after one month I checked my account and to my surprise I found a charge for a dollar in my account from that company. I asked them to fix the problem and they gave me a confirmation number. I also told them that I was going to report them to the better business bureau because they were committing fraud enrolling people without asking on their membership. Maria so be aware of the hidden words and messages, read everything. another company to be careful about is Gamemobile. Maria from Texas

Ma

Comments

• Va
      29th of Jun, 2008

I have been an amazon seller on and off for about 3 or 4 years. I usually just sell old junk like dvds and video games and such. Every once in a while i would get a negative feedback with comments like 'video was not what I wanted, seller says what i want doesn't exist... avoid this seller.' It was the truth, amazon lists the video description wrong. However amazon doesn't care. Now I had another similar negative feedback by a buyer that didn't know what they were talking about. Amazon sent me an email saying my account was suspended indefinitely.

I emailed them back threatening to cancel my amazon credit card and cease from spending the $1000 per year that i tend to spend on amazon as a buyer. They emailed me back the next day telling me that i was reinstated but I am on probation. I decided this week i would clean out some closets and I have sold about 60 items in the last 14 days. How do i pay the shipping? Out of my own pocked because the $700 balance i have with amazon is frozen. If that isn't enough... out of that 700, they are taking 200 in fees.

Amazon gets .99 per item. They take 6-15% which is ridiculous that it isn't a set rate... this is pretty much making up the rules as they go. Then they have something called a variable closing fee. This is a set amount they charge based on shipping. Why are they charging me more if the buyer wants the item faster? First of all, the shipping fee they set is not enough to cover priority mail. Today i listed a dvd. I listed it for 2.25. The 3 fees together come out to 2.21. So i make $.04 on this sale after shipping. FRAUDULENT AS TICKETMASTER. I wish there was a better service to reach as many buyers as amazon does because it is really sad to see all this merchandise go without getting anywhere near the full amount for them.

28th of Jul, 2008

Was considering selling an item on Amazon.com. Opened an account, had to enter credit card information for verification purposes only, it said (shame on me) I had searched all over for what it would cost for me to list a product on there.

I could not find any information on listing one product. I started to list the product and then decided no as I did not know enough about Amazon.Com, I Xed out.

Guess what, by doing that, they slammed my checking account for $39.99

What is this I ask them, oh you signed up for the Merchant account, how, I ask. Because you clicked such and such link.

No where did it say I would be charged! They just go ahead and do it! Be careful where you are clicking on that site!

They will steal your money without question!

They claim they will give me a refund but it will take 30 days as their claims processing department is backed up!

I am going to full force with this until I get my money back into my checking account!

Seller Beware - Buyer Beware - Amazon.com is not a good place!