Amazon / phony list prices

TX, United States Review updated:

I recently bought a Canon zoom/telephoto lens from Amazon, or at least, from one of their so-called "Amazon Vendors". Shortly afterwards I happened to go to the Canon official website, and basically discovered "list prices" that were substantially lower than those quoted on the Amazon product page. Savings that Amazon purported to be in the 100's of dollars were really in the 10's of dollars. When I wrote an email to Amazon on this problem, their response was basically: "we aren't responsible for anything that our vendors post". In other words, you're on your own sucker!
So my take is that Amazon will basically pimp for any 3rd party vendor on their website, and take no responsibility for any nefarious actions by those vendors. Makes you wonder how valid Amazon's own list price claims really are.

Comments

• Bi
      2nd of May, 2012

So, return it, get a refund, or tell them to make up the difference if they wish you to remain a customer.

• Bi
      2nd of May, 2012

I do so hope that your comment was in no way directed at me. I never said anything about returning it to amazon.