Amazon / phony list prices
I recently bought a Canon zoom/telephoto lens from Amazon, or at least, from one of their so-called "Amazon Vendors". Shortly afterwards I happened to go to the Canon official website, and basically discovered "list prices" that were substantially lower than those quoted on the Amazon product page. Savings that Amazon purported to be in the 100's of dollars were really in the 10's of dollars. When I wrote an email to Amazon on this problem, their response was basically: "we aren't responsible for anything that our vendors post". In other words, you're on your own sucker!
So my take is that Amazon will basically pimp for any 3rd party vendor on their website, and take no responsibility for any nefarious actions by those vendors. Makes you wonder how valid Amazon's own list price claims really are.
More Amazon Complaints & Reviews
- Amazon.com - they closed my account and no refund 
- Amazon.com - blocked my sellers account for no reason 
- Amazon.com - dont buy from amazon seller stores123 
- Amazon.com - amazon refund nightmare 
- Amazon.com - fraud and cheating! 
- Amazon - late fees and customer service!
- Amazon.com/Bill WA - an additional charge to my account 
- Amazon.com - prime membership and shipping 
- Amazon - email and password theft
- Amazon - online purchases