Amazing Vouchers / What this company did is illegal

I joined amazing vouchers in Febl this year. I was told that I will only be cancel the memebership after 3 months by their call centre agent and that was one of their conditions.

Their membership was not working for me as I was paying for something that I was not utilising at all for 5 months. I then decided to call and cancel the subscription but was told by Lee Anne that I cannot cancel, as the 'waiting cancellation period' is 3 months. I then explained it to her that when I joined I was told that I can only cancel after 3 months by the conusltant who was helping me. i was told by 2 consultant that I can cancell after 3 months of joining.

After sending lee ann b a cancellation later, I went to my Bank to stop the debit order of R 265 and that was in August . In September amazing vouchers deducted R 175 from my account. Stop payment was for R 265 not R 175.

What this company did is illegal, as I did not sign any credit agreement with them. Iam an individual that falls within the ambit of NCA, such practice is unacceptable.

Ou

Comments

• Am
      Sep 20, 2010

You may cancel your membership at any time, and it is correct that a 3-month notice period applies to cancellations. If you stop your debit orders, our system will keep attempting to recover the unpaid fees, as you are in breach of your agreement, whilst still having full access to the product.

It is within our right to collect membership fees, as per your telephonic agreement with us. The NCA does not apply, as we are not a credit provider.

Please get in touch with us on [protected], in order for us to assist you in resolving this matter.

Best Regards,
    Karmen Flemming
    Brand Manager | Amazing Vouchers

Tel: [protected]
    www.amazingvouchers.com
    www.amazingvacations.co.za

Dec 05, 2013

Dear All
    I got a phone call yesterday morning to join amazing vouchers. I agrred to paying R199 a month but eversince i have not heard anything, i am not happy as i already gave my banking details and everything. I was suppsoe to get an sms and did not receive anything to date. I sent out an email this morning got no reply ever since. SO upset!!!