Amazing Productions Inc. / Butterflies did not release

United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-808-6276

Purchased 3-dozen Amazing Butterflies for daughter's wedding ~ butterflies were received a day before the wedding and I/Mrs. Cummings/customer rec'd instructions f/ Lordus at Amazing Butterflies and a copy of the instructions were included with the shipment of butterflies.

The butterflies arrived at point of destination ~ Geneva On The Lake (GOTL) on Friday, 8/22/08 and was hand-delivered to Mrs. Cummings at GOTL, which is the location where the butterfly release was to occur. The butterflies were unpackaged from the boxes by Mr. Koch as the instructions required. The butterflies appeared to be alive when taken out of the packages on Saturday afternoon in preparation for their release at the wedding reception at 6pm, but they did not awaken enough for a release at the 6pm wedding reception.

I/Mrs. Cummings contacted Amazing Butterflies on Tuesday, August 26th to advise that the butterflies did not release ~ only 5-6 butterflies actually released and the other two and half dozen butterflies did not awaken enough to fly-release. I paid $279 for 3-dozen butterflies to release and only 5-6 released ~ basically the guests nor the bride and groom or the parents of the bride and groom did not see any butterfiles release ~ only the two persons assisting with the release of the butterflies to release.

I have requested a refund (or at least some portion of a refund) from Amazing Butterflies, but they have refused to honor my request and were very rude and unwilling to consider honoring their business and customer with some restitution for the failure of the butterflies to fly. Amazing Butterflies sells their pitch that other companies do not offer the quality of healthy butterflies and that often times their butterflies do not arrive in the physical condition to actually release ~ so this is why they can charge more because their butterflies are healthy ~ and further, that only a couple may not actually release.

I am extremely disappointed because 1-the butterflies did not release; 2-as the customer there has been no consideration given by Amazing Butterflies to consider the me ~the customer's dissatisfaction that the butterflies did not release; 3-Lordus was rude and unwilling to consider our disappointment and embarrassment that the butterflies did not release; 4-we have paid $279 for 3-dozen butterflies to be releases at our daughter's wedding and only 5-6 barely released ~

I feel that I as the customer should be granted some type of refund. I offered to provide the names of the persons involved in the butterfly release as well as the names of the wedding event planners at Geneva On The Lake, Geneva NY ~ to give their witness that the butterflies did not release and to confirm that they saw the butterflies in the bottom of the basket.

Amazing Butterflies may have provided amazing butterflies for other weddings, but their services is amazingly poor and their butterflies are amazingly unhealthy. I will make every effort to disqualify this company so that others will not be ripped off. When you provide a service and it is not delivered with the quality that was stated or promised the business/company should at least provide some sort/type of accommodations to satisfy the customer. Example: When Panera Bread makes a mistake with your order, if you return it to them and state the problem, Panera Bread will allow you to keep the wrong order, and then graciously prepare the correct order as requested, because they understand that quality satisfied customers will come back and tell their friends that they provide good food and service.

Amazing Butterflies has left an amazing memory in my mind and I will advertise this company as a horrible company to do business with because they do not honor their products or services ~ And further, as a wedding planner, I will tell every client NOT to consider using their services, but rather the other companies that offer butterfly releases.

Mrs. Cummings.

Comments

Ja
  16th of Nov, 2008
I usually do not respond to things like this but there are too many forums for people to complain about anything without having to give all the pertinant information for the readers to make an informed decision.

It is apparent that you did NOT read the simple procedure to receive a refund. Poeple have to take responsibility for their own actions and shortcomings. IF you had read the terms and conditions on the website, emailed order confirmation and an the release instructions you would have clearly read that if there are expired butterflies you are to return them for a prorated refund.

I have used Amazing Butterflies many times as I am a bridal consultant. We have seldom experienced any problems. The problems are generally caused by our customers who don't follow instructions. This is not bread! They were ok a few hours before but dead for the wedding? Humm! There are too many questions to ask that could have caused a problem with the butterflies.

I can attest to the many weddings and corporate events I have used butterflies from Amazing Butterflies without any problems. When there were expired butterflies, beyond the free extras already given with every shipment, they were returned and my clients received whatever refund was due them, no questions asked.

Amazing Butterflies has gone through hoops at times to help my events go smoothly and without incident even with my Bridezilla brides. As far as the rudeness... You are from NY aren't you?
Mi
  2nd of Jan, 2013
Janice...I think your full of ### ! "Amazing DEAD Butterflies " has not gone threw any hoops to help this poor lady ? Why You ? Maybe becuse you are the owner ? oh your from NY ...no big deal.

K.C. MICRO SPECIALISTS, INC. Logo K.C. MICRO SPECIALISTS, INC.
Overall Satisfaction Rating