Amana Refrigerator / Poor service

1 2701 Wassum trailChuluota, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-366-4143

I have been without my year old refrigerator for over 6 weeks. After telling me the part was ordered the first time, when I called to check on the status, it had not been ordered. When I finally got the part in, the service tech would not install it as it was smaller than the original part. So he ordered it again. The next replacement part is the same as the first replacement part (too small) and the service tech did not feel comfortable installing it until Whirlpool gave the OK for it to be installed. Whirlpool shows no record of this call. The service tech seems nice enough but his company is not supporting him at all. Whirlpool won't help either. No one will step up to the plate and get my refrigerator working. I have asked both Whrilpool and A&E to have a supervisor contact me to no avail! I could go on and on but no one cares!

Comments

• Bi
      17th of Aug, 2009

On august 12, our 3 year old fridge (two doors/freezer at bottom, stainless steel doors) stopped working from one moment to the other. I called immediately for service, am in Miami, 92 F, they could schedule me in for friday 1-5 o'clock. Bought ice buckets and tried to save some of my food (all organics), but to no avail. Service men arrived friday afternoon 5.30 pm after I had called 3 times to see where they were.

They told me they did not have the part, it was something to do with a fan at the back, when they had looked at it, and then wanted to be paid up front 220$ for half the price of the part (although we still have companies guarantee in place), ... I did pay the 220$ because the guys did not make any move to order the part otherwise.

They would be coming over to install the new part on august 18. I took off for the morning of august 18/2009 from my work. At 6 pm on august 17 I received a phonecall that they had to reschedule the appointment because they could not get the ordered part delivered on time.. Oh, when could they then come by? I asked politely. Answer I received : *well, the part was not available before september 15!

I then immediately rang Amana and spoke with someone with hardly any manners who told me that it was very sorry for me, but the part for the fridge which was necessary to repair it, was indeed not available, he just had checked it (indeed he was on the phone with the repair people in Miami) and he also could not locate such a fridge part in any of the other stores/

So there we are: Amanas fridge was 1800 dollars, we still have it under warranty, they have not even a new part to replace the one that was somehow faulty, (otherwise how could that just break without anything done to it?) and they let me PAY for it half upfront...we would be without a fridge for more than 4 ! weeks by the time the fridge would be repaired, and that in miami, in the middle of summer.

I asked the not so friendly person on Consumers affairs if they could then give me a new fridge and he told me he could give me 10% off for us to buy a new one. What a joke!!!

This is the crappiest made fridge, this Amana, and we should have listened to our son who told us that we should never ever buy a brand like Amana, now from Whirlpool, but should have stayed with true proven
    quality from brands such as Miele and Philips.

• Gl
      13th of Oct, 2010

A very similar thing happened to the fan in our freezer. So, knowing it was already messed up-my husband removed the back panel to see what the problem was. We got another nice surprise! The tape that is used to seal a freon pipe (a very thin and rather frail pipe) was stuck to the panel, and broke the pipe when he pulled it off! YAAAY! And of course this is 4 years later, so it's obviously not covered by their warranty. But if you ask me, I'd say no judge or jury would disagree that it's their fault our fridge was now leaking freon! Of course they will never acknowledge my problem like real people-sending very vague and empty apologies via e-mail- so what can you expect from a company like this? Nothing! I agree that Amana is a name that needs to go down in flames.