Amadeus School of Music and Art / Horrible service

Back in April I contacted Amadeus music school to set up guitar lessons for my son. I specifically asked "Do you have a teacher in my area?" They assured me "yes" I signed contract that instructor would contact me on May 22. On May 26 I finally heard from someone that stated that the instructor was finishing up with some students and I would hear from them next week. NEXT WEEK NEVER CAME.

Called them back on June 3, 2008, stated I had not heard and summer was approaching did not think this would work out, they said that they were going to see what they could figure out. Never heard.

Emailed them back on June 15, they told me an instructor would be contacting me at the end of the week. END OF THE WEEK NEVER CAME.

Called on June 17, stated summer was fast approaching I would just get a refund that these 8 lessons (prepaid over 550.00) just were not going to fit into my schedule now. NEVER RESPONDED, said they would talk to supervisor.

June 23 finally called bank to see if I could get money refunded through them, it is now July 2, 2008 and am still waiting through bank.

NEVER DEAL With this company, it advertises false and they have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. I have yet to receive an apology or anyone even briefly attempting to make things right.

Va

Comments

28th of Aug, 2008

Horrible Service I commission Amadeus music school in order to teach my child piano lessons since April 15 he has had one lesson no call, no shows by the teacher which I have been more than patient with. Now I call both the teacher and the school and both numbers are disconnected. I will see them in court.

• Mu
      15th of Oct, 2008

Amadeus Home Music School complaint:

"I signed my grandson up for music lessens Dec 2007, no lessons. I have called and called and here it is Oct 2008 and no refund. Do not use these people. They are scam artists. They have a Customer service contact number on their web site. Call it and you get answered by a recording and will never get a call back so don't waste your time. If you have money to throw away here is the place to do it. They stay in business because of fools like me. Hear one and all don't be a fool and pay money with out checking them out."

This is just one of several I have found in just a few minutes on Google... search string: 'Amadeus School of Music review"

I was contacted by them to become one of their teachers for the central Ohio area. I have yet to be paid after 7 lessons (supposedly would be paid after every four lessons.) My confidence level in them has plummeted especially after finding these bad reviews. I am now discussing a Class Action with my attorney and asking all victims of this scam to sign up.

• Al
      29th of Oct, 2008

I signed up for organ lessons with Amadeus. After some time they provided me with an instructor who did nothing to teach me how to play. For the third lesson he did not show up, produced a poor excuse and showed up a week later. Then he did not show up again, said a wedding came up. (weddings are events planned way in advance). I called Amadeus and told them I no longer wanted him as an instructor. They said a new instructor would be provided.
    I signed up in April 2008, it is now Nov. 2008 and I don't even get answers when I call them.

• Ra
      26th of Jan, 2009

The Worst Experience Ever

A couple of days ago I posted a complaint against Amadeus School of Music. What I did not know at the time was that instead of beeing credited on January 12 $544.00, my credit card got charged again on that day for another $544.00, which I had not authorized. How could I have authorized it if I was trying to recover the first $544.00 charged on 10/23/2008 for which I never received any lesssons. When I wrote them and told them I was contacting the BBB and the Attorney General, a credit for $544.00 appeared on my credit card on 01/22/2009. Now I have gone to my credit card company to dispute the other $544.00 that they still owe me. In other words, they charged me twice for services never rendered and only credited me once. I need to get this charged reversed. Please stay away from this horrible company. Diana, Dona, and Michael Lawson, the Director, are all crooks and will take your money and keep charging your credit card.

• Mi
      6th of Apr, 2009

I worked for them, as a Fine Art teacher, and I 'm very disappointed.
    The check they sent me last week was a bad check; also they have charged my students double in their credit cards.
    They are a fraud big time

6th of Apr, 2009

Here is a news piece done on Amadeus http://weblogs.wpix.com/news/helpmehoward/2009/04/music_school_hits_bad_note.html

• Re
      8th of Oct, 2013

Which Amadeus are u all talking about. Is it the one in Cochin, Kerala, India ? I was thinking of joining a good place to learn the Guitar and this is what I found in the web about Amadeus. Does Amadeus have branches all over the world? There is an Amadeus Academy of Music in Cochin, Kerala, India.