AMA Health Options / MONIES TAKEN FROM MY DEBIT CARD

1 TX, United States Review updated:

MY BANK CALL ME ON MAY 2, TO LET MAKE ME AWARE OF SOME CHARGES TO DEBIT CARD 2 CHARGES FOR 3.95 /TWO FOR 49.95 THES CHARGES WERE ALL DONE ON THE 1ST OF MAY. I WAS GIVEN THE INFORMATION OF WHERE THE CHARGES ORIGINATED. THEY CAME FROM AMA HEALTH OPTIONS, VALUE PLUS, HOME PLAY. I WAS ABLE TO GET THE CHARGES OF 19.95 FROM VALUE PLUS AND HOME PLAY BACK.THE AMA HEALTH OPTIONS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY. YOU CALL THE COMPANY AND THE ATTITUDES ARE VERY NASTY. I WAS ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS WITH THIS COMPANY. TRIED CALLING ON SATURDAY MORNING AND TO MY SURPRISE THEY ARE CLOSED UNTIL MON. HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTTING MY MONIES BACK. I WAS TAKEN FOR 140.

More AMA Health Options Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ca
      20th of Feb, 2008
    AMA Health Options - Terrible company!
    AMA Health Options

I had 9.95 taken out from my debit card and never gave them my card number. I just had another 49.95 taken out. I called them and was told that I should receive a credit within 5 days. This company was one of the telemarketing scams from Wc Value Plus. I received my l.00 refund from them. We will see the outcome. The telephone number for AMA Health Options is 1-866-915-1190.

• Lc
      21st of Feb, 2008

I have had the same thing happen to me. They called me with promises of free gas cards and free grocieries if I would consent to a thirty day trial. I did, but never received any of the promised items. Next thing I know, there are $90 worth of charges on my debit card. I called Value Plus and they said they could refund the two $20 charges but that the other $50 went to AMA Health Options and they could do nothing about it. I called AMA Health options and they flat-out refused to refund anything. My bank says I can dispute it from that end, but now they need to do an investigation. I guess it's true what they say, "If is sounds too good to be true..."

27th of Feb, 2008

Well I look at my Bank statement and what do I find? That AMA Health Option company had charged me 49.95 and so I looked them up and got their number. I called and tried to get a refund, they said they could cancel my membership but could not give me a refund because I did not call within 30 days. I tried to tell them that I had no clue that I was a member and did not have a number to call. They did not care.

• Vi
      27th of Feb, 2008

I am writing this letter along with my dispute form to provide a more detailed description of my dispute. I was contacted by a telemarketing company and enrolled for in a Health Options plan. During my enrollment process there was no concern giving to any of my questions/queries. I believe the conversation was recorded. The merchant promised that I would receive $1000 worth of grocery coupons and gas cards. Until this date I have not received any of these in the form of email, fax or postal mails. However, the charges to my credit card have been reoccurring every month since January 2008. When the first charge was posted on my credit card statement, I promptly disputed that claim with my credit card company and was credited the entire amount. This can be seen on my statement closing date 02/14/2008. The reference number for the charges was 8065 & 0743. The reference number for the credited amount was 9285 & 2415.

On 02/23/2008 I was again charged an amount of $49.95 & $19.95 by the same merchant. The reference numbers for the charges are 4522 & 9013. I do not understand how they could charge me when not providing any kind of service. I called the merchant and had a verbal altercation with them. They provided me a recording of my conversation when I initially signed up but they also promised the goods and service which were never received. They have no proof of them mailing it me and could not verify my member ID too. Infact when I called their number, they did not my member ID either. I did not receive any information regarding membership and even I had no clue.

• Ti
      12th of Mar, 2008

I used www.24hourDrugstore.tv to make a purcahse on February 15, 2008
    I gave me Master card information to complete the transaction.
    Luckily, I printed out the billing page. The next page congratulated me on my purchase and read that I would receive an email confirmation on my purchase. The email never came. I checked my checking account and the money had been paid and credited to AMA Health Options that very night.
    As of March 12, 2008 the product has not been delivered. I checked my checking account and another withdrawal of $39.12 was taken out of my account and paid to Health Pharm Morro Jable. I have never heard of this company and there was an international charge of 1.99 on my account as well.
    I emailed 24hourDrugstore. I got the email address, enquiries@24hourdrugstore.tv, from the website. The email was returned to me later that evening as undeliverable.
    I went to the bank and had to cancell my debit card. right now, I have been duped out of $86.06.

• La
      12th of Mar, 2008

Yes, I was also called by this company and was told about $40.oo in gas money and such and such. I never gave them my credit card information and I have been charged the $50.00 and an additional $80.00 of which I only got half back. They never said anything about me paying them anything, they were talking about free trials the whole time and were talking so fast and repeating the same things, that call must have gone on for over 10 minutes. I now realize why they kept asking me the same information, like for my electronic signature 3 times, because they were charging me from 3 different companies, AMA Health Options, WC Value Plus, and WC Homeplay. I am angry.

• La
      13th of Mar, 2008

I totally agree. This totally is a scam. I never once ever gave out any of my information and then I went to go check my account online this morning 03/13/08 and a total of $1.00 $1.99 and 9.95 was taken out of my account by them. I am not sure how they got my account number but would be interested on how they did. This highly pisses me off.

• To
      14th of Mar, 2008
    AMA Health Options - Charged to my credit card without receiving any literature regarding the company!
    AMA Health Options

I was charged $49.95 on my credit card and had never received any information from the company about the services I was being charged for! I called to obtain a refund and was told it was non-refundable and would have to wait 3-4 days to receive a call back from a supervisor.

14th of Mar, 2008

The same this has happened to my son who is unemployed. I am currently trying to get this resolved to no avail. I am being told that I cannot talk with a supervisor as they are all currently busy. How do we get our money returned? I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau on this also.

Kim Keel

• Sh
      19th of Mar, 2008

We to have been taken by this company as well. They agreed to cancel my membership today, but refuse to refund any money. Something has to be done about this company scamming the public. I have changed my debit card with the bank so they cannot take anymore money from us, but it doesnt refund what they already took from us. How many hundreds of dollors have they gotten away with stealing from the public? THEY NEED TO BE CLOSED DOWN TODAY AND PROSECUTED AND MADE TO REFUND THE MONEY THEY HAVE TAKEN.

• St
      20th of Mar, 2008
    AMA Health Options - Terrible company!
    Texas

AMA Health Options took 9.95 from my checking account with out me even giving them my card number or account number! two other similar companies WC Homeplay and WC Value Plus took money out of my account with out me giving permission ALL THREE ARE TERRIBLE COMPANIES!!!

• Da
      21st of Mar, 2008

WHAT IS AMA HEALTH OPTIONS ANYWAY.I NEVER ASKED FOR ANYTHING, SO HOW DID THEY GET MY INFO.THEY CALED MY HOME NUMBER WHICH IS UNLISTED AND TOLD MY GIRLFRIEND SOMETHING ABOUT FREE THIS AND THAT.I NEVER SAID YES TO ANYTHING.I JUST HAPPEN TO NOTICE ON TRANSACTIONS THERE SERIAL ID, ALSO TRANSACTION DATE OF 3/7/08.I WILL GO TO THE BANK AND CANCEL THIS CARD IN THE MORNING BEFORE IT IS HIT AGAIN.THANKS YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW, MY HOPE IS THEY DONT GET ANTHER PENNY.

• Ke
      24th of Mar, 2008

Please cancel my membership ASAP (today)I have not been able not able cancel through the phone system last month or this month. The phone line stays busy

Thanks to your prompt attention to this matter
    Kellie Perdue

• Sc
      28th of Mar, 2008

I too was contacted by a person over the phone who already had my address and debit card information. There were promises of $40 gas cards and other free items. Like everyone else, I agreed to a free trial. I never received a thing... except charges. It started with a $9.95 charge to a bank account I never told them about. A few days later there was another charge for $49.95. I have yet to call them - apparently they're closed on the weekends. When I Googled AMA Health Options, the search didn't return any links to their website. Rather, I was led to this one - a complaint board. Interesting...

I take hope from the most recent comment about the lady getting her account credited. However, I feel bad that so many people before her were not as fortunate. If anyone has any ideas about how to pursue legal action or how to go about finding the people who gave them our credit card information in the first place, I am all in. I will stay in contact with this complaint board, because I want to see these scam artists go down!

29th of Mar, 2008

Oh My God! this just happened to me and Im glad I made it to this site because I have called and they said they're only open from Mon-Fri. I will call first thing Mon morning b/c they won't get another penny from me. I checked my online account and saw a $1.00 from a stupid Value Plus and $9.95 from a stupid AMA Health Options! I was really surprised like where did this come from.

• Je
      31st of Mar, 2008

I had $49.95 taken from my debit card. I called AMA Health Option in was told that I couldn't get a refund.

WC Value Plus-v also take $19.95 from my debit card.

• He
      1st of Apr, 2008

I was also charge 9.95 and then 49.95 to my acct. I called them they said with an attitude that i could not be refund that there policy is no refund. that they will send out the coupond book to me and cancel my membership. I am very upset. I wish this people are stoped from taking money from people who really need it to pay bill. They need to get a real job and work just like everybody else!!!

2nd of Apr, 2008

ok had same problem and know what to do. call them up at 866-915-1190 and get the persons name first. Then tell them that u have the whole covo. taped and would like them to credit your account. you do not have to record it but if they think you do it will do wonders.

2nd of Apr, 2008

Also what componys did you buy from befor that. The only two i can think that would do that is pizza hut online and best buy email me please.

• St
      11th of Apr, 2008

AMA Health Options in Texas (1.866.915.1190) have taken over the past month over $100 from my account and I don't even know who they are. I call them and they just tell me that they cannot find my "account." This is a scam that I can't get anyone to help me with. How is this legal and why wont someone do something about it?