AM/PM Animal Hostpital / Only cares about money

United States Review updated:

My daughter's 7 mo old male kitten was attacked by dogs. It was given to her by 1st bf & her 1st animal that was hers. AM/PM refused to treat unless I had $2000 on credit card or $500 cash, even though they supposedly care about animals, I think that in itself tells you what they really care about! Banfield in Petsmart, Ben White Animal Hospital & Emergency Animal Hospital all said they've heard many complaints like mine about them. We lost the kitten, but Emergency Animal Hospital put it on O2, IV, gave pain meds, thoroughly examined & put him down, plus treated my daughter with up most respect & dignity for less then $200 with payment options. MOST importantly, it was all about caring for the animal & my daughter's feelings, not one word about money until the end!! We don't need places like this in a caring city such as Austin, so I for one am spreading the word and reporting to every agency I can! According to their reviews online, AM/PM has done this to several people. Some professions you do it for the love of, not to become rich. After Outstanding experience @ Banfield, Ben White & Emergency, thank God AM/PM is NOT the industry standard, rather @ the bottom of it!

Te

Comments

• Au
      26th of May, 2010

I think you are being overly dramatic. I know that situation must be tough for you and your daughter and I understand your frustration. However I believe it is because people can not be trusted any longer to do what they say or promise that has made it come to a point of collecting money before treatment. I have worked at several vet clinics. How many people do you think said they would come back and pay actually do? VERY FEW!!! I have dealt with AM/PM before, they are highly skilled, and are open 24hrs for Emergencies. They of course have higher overhead being fully staffed 24hrs a day. Their prices are going to be more obviously, but you get what you pay for. They are great doctors and have awesome technology. They also wouldnt ask for $2000 if you didnt want to pursue treatment. And they do care about animals but they cant give freebies to EVERY single person who walks through their doors. They have to pay for the clinic and employees etc. It would not be fair to anyone if they pick and choose who they would give free treatment to and you cant expect them to do that. That cat is your responsibility. You cant walk into HEB and grab a gallon of milk and try to walk out. They would stop you. If you said you had no money and they said Sorry, would you call them PEOPLE HATERS. Calm down and think about things from the other point a view. I work at a vet in order to pay for my animals, I wouldnt want them to go out of business to treat your animal, when I am working hard to pay for mine.

• Mi
      1st of Aug, 2010

I have to agree with austin, the vets do what they have to do in order to assure they're payment. When you check into a hotel they put a hold on some funds to make sure if you trash the place they have funds to cover the cost. You don't go around ### about them.
    I think you should post a complaint about the horrible theiving people who like to steal services from vets. I have seen (and heard) plenty of people get their animals and when told they had to pay (*gasp*) they just rush out to their car with the animal and take off. Just recently I got a rescue cat spayed and while waiting in line I heard the person in front of me arguing with the girl at the counter telling her she wouldn't pay anything and that she wanted her cat /now/. The vets ended up handing the cat over to avoid a scene (I think the woman was a druggie so who knows what she may have done). Now because of her they'll need to tighten their rules and procedures and this will of course make people, like you, angry. Blame the right people.

• As