Always Fresh / Olives - Repackaging issues

1 Australia

I bought a jar of "Always Fresh" olives ( 670g) a few days ago and could not get it open. I had this problem in 2013 and wrote to them. This is the response I got: Thank you very much for contacting us via our website with your feedback. I do apologise to learn of your difficulty and frustration in opening our jar products and have passed your comments on to our technical team. Whilst we understand that our jars can sometimes be difficult to open, this is only to ensure the integrity of the product. I certainly appreciate your frustration and would like to mail you one of our Always Fresh jar openers which are very effective in opening the lids of the jars. Please email me back with your postal address details and I will arrange for your jar opener to be sent. Once again, we thank you very much for taking the time to contact us as it is only through consumer feedback that we can continue to improve our offer. I apologise again for the inconvenience caused and please feel free to contact me via the details below should you have any further queries. I never received the jar opener! I had forgotten about this - so that's why I bought the product again after the 2013 incident ( it was on sale). I cannot understand why the business does not apply some effort to do something about this. I am not elderly, not ill and not a person with a disability, but the jar just will not open ( not even with very great force). Surely there is a way to "ensure the integrity of the product" and at the same time enable consumers to consume the product. What hope do people with arthritis, for example, have? This can only be reducing sales of the product. Personal note to myself - DO NOT BUY "ALWAYS FRESH" PRODUCTS. P.S. Saying they were going to send out a jar opener and not doing so was a real turn off. Also I am not happy about having to spend time getting a refund from the supermarket.

Se