Altech Autopage / Cell phone upgrade

1 South Africa Review updated:

On the 21st of October I migrated my cellphone contract, and picked the HTC S740 phone. I agreed to the R1194 excess amount that must be paid in, & the operator said they had no stock, but it will take no longer than a week. I phoned several times, just to hear "Sorry no stock" It is now 5 weeks, and I am still waiting. . . yet nobody from Autopage contacted me to say what the problem is? The importer of the HTC phones, LEAF, already confirmed that they did receive stock 2 weeks ago, yet no joy from Altech autopage. There is nobody else that you can contact except the ignorant operators at the upgrdes department.

Altech autopage, your service stinks!

An

Comments

• Pa
      25th of Nov, 2008

Unacceptable service by supplier and dealers.

This concern lost my new Nokia 6280 phone while it was repaired
    The service encountered in getting my phone back, even when engaging the regional office, "senior" management, is shocking.
    Nor the Store where I renewed my contract nor management keep to
    promises or have the decency to follow up on any commitments.
    They treat "valued" customers (I believe if you have spend R100000.00
    with this concern you should be valued) with contemp.
    Customer care is something, problably on schedule, for the short couses
    planned for next year.
    I having had my own company, can not believe, that a listed concern,
    like Altech Autopage, can allow incompitent people, to represent them
    in public.
    Needless to say that I still do not have my phone back, nor R1000.00 worth of gift vouchers due to me, seventeen months after i took out the contract.

24th of Jul, 2009

My cellphone never worked from day 1...could not get help from the service provider at Pavilion, because according to the person I spoke to I got my contract through a 3rd party, so they are not responsible. I was also not entitled to a replacement because I had the phone for over a month( I activated it after 2 weeks of delivery!!).

3 months down the line, no phone, still paying monthly, more than what we agreed on too!!! They deduct before the agreed on day, encurring me unnecessary charges. And yes, the bank statement reflect Altech Autopage.

15th of Oct, 2009

THEY DELIVERED A PHONE FOR ME, BUT AFTER 9DAYS THE PHONE DIES BY IT SELF I THOUGHT IS THE NETWORK PROLEM THEN I GIVE IT TO MY BROTHER TO USE BUT IT GET WORSE.I CALLED CELL C PEOPLE, THEN THEY GIVE A NUMBER TO CALL I TALKED TO A GUY HE SAID I MUST TAKE THE PHONE TO THE SHOP THEY WILL GIVE ME A NEW PHONE.WHEN I GET THERE THEY SAY IT MUST GO FOR REPAIR.I DONT NEED AREPAIRED PHONE COZ IS NOT MY FULT SO I TOLD THEM IWANT TO TEMENET MY CONTRACT THEY SAY I CANT THEY WILL TAKE ME TO ITC.NOW THEY SAND ME AN INVOICE FOR TWO MONTH THEY SAY I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.THIS IS NOT HAPPENING.I NEVER HAVE THIS PHONE FOR TWO MONTH NOT EVEN A MONTH.NOW AM GOING TO PAY FOR THE INVOICE AND I DONT WHAT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM THEM.IF THEY DO SEND ME ANATHER INVOICE ILL TAKE THEM TO COURT COZ I NEVER ASKED THEM FOR THE PHONE THEY CALLED ME EVER DAY.

• De
      17th of Aug, 2010
    Autopage - Wireless Modem - Autopage continues to debit my account despite a cancellation letter I have previously submitted
    Autopage The Bridge
    South Africa

I had an internet contract with Autopage that ran for 24 months and ended May 2010. Well before May 2010 I submitted a letter to Autopage in The Bridge requesting my contract to terminate at the end of the 24 month period. This was ignored by Autopage who has continued to debit my account illegally. My contract number is 0832275191

• Ri
      13th of Oct, 2010
    Autopage - Utterly disgusted by Autopage's activation's dep
    autopage.co.za

I am a new contract holder with Altech Autopage and I have received my new handset on Monday and I was told that my contract will be active in 48 hours, and till today it's still not active.I phone again on Thursday, spoke to another lady and she confirmed that it will be active by Friday morning which is today, GUESS WHAT??the handset is still not active?. I then decided to call again a few minutes ago and spoke to Samantha Ngunuza which was extremely Rude, Stupid, pathetic and unhelpful. She kept shouting at me when I wanted a solution, she even refused to give me her line manager's name, telling me that I was causing trouble, She then rudely kept me on hold and I could hear her speaking and laughing with her coleagues.I wonder if this is how Altech Autopage handles their new Contract holders???I want something to be done TODAY, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired, Samantha needs to know where her priorities ****period!!She did not even apologise, instead she put the phone on hold till I ended the call and these are the kind of bad consultants that people speak about when they refer to SA' bad service in Call Centre's. What happened to introducing soft skill?I need a response now!

20th of Dec, 2010

True stay away, i am anti autopage... they the worst to do business with, they dont care about there customers and they very rude.

• Ao
      28th of Jun, 2011

My account is up to date and I am still suspended, just cannot seem to get any response from Autopage, this is totally unacceptible.
    This has happened time and again.I will be cancelling my contract as soon as possible.Thumbs down to Autopage.Disgruntled

• Pi
      21st of Jun, 2012

My phone was stolen 9 days ago I was mugged and still my claim has not been resolved I am still without a phone and eperience
    terrible difficulty without a phone!!!

• Hw
      18th of Oct, 2012
    Altech Autopage - OVERDEDUCTION & SUSPENSION
    South Africa

Altech Autopage overdeducted from my bank account for months up until June 2012. It then took many phonecalls to get the amount finally refunded in August. I was then billed again the same refund amount the following month which I refused to pay. Despite many attempts to reconcile the account and resolve the issue, Altech has stopped communicating with me, suspended my account and has now billed me for R5800 despite the phone being suspended. They are now taking legal action and yet I am the one that should be taking legal action. They attempted to deduct sums of money from my bank account without authorisation. We have now suffered business financial loss as a result of it.
    HA WILLIAMS - Cell phone in question: 0826561166. I need urgent assistance please.
    My contact number : 0795071122

14th of Feb, 2013

We received a bill stating theat we owe Auto page an amount of R5000.00 on our GPRS stick. We have theen since December 17the 2012, trying to get a detailed account statement for what thee usage was used for. They kept on telling is theat it is for computer updates. We finally received a statement in February 2013, but still theere is no explanation for what thee usage was used for just amounts and volume of data used. We went trough theis statement and saw theat some of thee days were thee usage is stipulated is days were we weren't even at home using thee computer...? How is theis possible? Auto page keeps barring thee cellphone line when thee problem is actually on thee GPRS? If anyone can assist us withe a number to phone to get theis sorted, I would appreciate it.

• Ve
      2nd of Aug, 2013
    Altech Autopage - incorrect billing
    South Africa

I have been submitting queries using my online profile to no avail, I have contacted the customer centre on several different occassions but they fail to provide any assistance.

Overbilled/ Incorrectly charged/ Statements or invoices not received

Since I signed a contract with them, they have been double charging me, after I complain, they deduct the extra amount, only to add it again at the end of the month. They use a debit order to deduct the money, but they only credit my cellphone account. Why do I have to pay for their incompetence???

They have not billed me correctly since I signed with them and then they have the audacity to be rude to me??

If I wanted to pay R1500.00 per motnh I would have signed a contract to that effect. After I complained about the deduction the first time, they stopped sending me statements of account as well, probably because I noticed what they were trying to do.

The so-called "team" who all the complaints are referred to, cannot seem to solve one problem.

• A0
      13th of Sep, 2013

totally correct, im experiencing the very same problem, i have 1 month for my cotract to expire and being billed cloed to R1000 for the past to months, did you manage to sort this issue, coz iv tried hello peter as well, but still no call from these chaps

• Al
      21st of Nov, 2013
    Altech Autopage - Pathetic Service
    Durban
    South Africa

I took out a contract with Autopage two years ago. I had initially ported my prepaid Vodacom number to a contract cell c number. (Worst mistake I could have ever made)

Before the end of my contract I specifically told a lady in Ballito, Altech Autopage, to change my number to prepaid as I don’t wish to continue the contract. My sim card stopped working on the 28th of October 2013 and up till this day I still do not have my number back. I was informed by Autopage that it would take 10 to 14 days to make this change yet its been already 24 days. I called numerous times to customer service to be told that my sim will be activated within 24 hours. Then I was told that I need to purchase a new sim card for R125 in order for me to receive my number.

The purchase was made on the 13th day after my sim stopped working, only to be realize that you guys sold me a sim card which doesn’t even work. I called Autopage Ballito to be told that my sim will be activated within 24 hours – which obviously was a whole lot of [censor]. I went to Autopage Pavillion because apparently they needed the details of my sim card to get it activiated. On arrival, a helpful lady informed me that my contract only ended on the 13th of November 2013! She could not answer why my sim card stopped working on the 28th Oct. She said my sim card will work after the 13th – obviously that was also a whole lot of [censor].

I am going back anfd forth with customer service, always being told different things – but now apparently it is showing on the Autopage system that I am on prepaid, which is impossible because a don’t even have a working sim card or number. So I took it upon myself to go directly to Cell C and they have informed me that Autopage has not even released my number and that the sim card isn’t even registered with Cell C.

Firstly this is a major inconvenience to my life and especially since this is a number I have listed on a whole lot of personal documentation. I am convinced that the company could not even be bothered about whether or not I have my number back – especially since I had to pay a ridiculous fee of R125 for a sim card that costs 99c! A total rip off even with the amount of running up and down and calls that I had to make because of Autopages lack of ability. Its absolute pathetic that Autopage can take such advantage of their customers. Justice needs to be done and I promise you it will be.

• We
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Autopage - Failing to get my phone from Autopage
    autopage.co.za

My 3G card from Autopage recently bombed out and needs to be repaired. I contacted the sales representative who sold me the card originally who very promptly directed me to the techincal call centre.

I contacted the call centre and after waiting for 15 - 20 minutes to speak to an agent, hung up. I decided to go directly to head office in Midrand to try resolve the problem. I reported to reception where my name and number were logged and I was asked to take a seat. I sat in the waiting area for approximately 45 minutes, after which I approached the reception desk again. I asked the one receptionist if she could just take the card and forward to technical dept as I could not stay any longer (having already sat there for 45 minutes). She told me that you could not do that, and checked on the sheet of the original receptionist who wrote my name down. She then said that Corleen must have forgotten about me (Corleen was taking a break at this point) and that I should just wait around a bit longer for her.

Already very frustrated with the situation, and with no time left to spare any longer, I had to leave. No-one could take my card, no-one could assist me. Disguisted. Useless!

• Au
      22nd of Jul, 2016
    Altech Autopage - Cellphone Contract
    South Africa

I was called for an upgrade cell phone. I received this phone, but called the next day complaining it was using all my airtime, they must rather send me a Blackberry. On the Monday I called back and said that they must cancel the collection with the Couriers as I was now happy with this phone (my son closed all the application that was using all this airtime). On Friday the 23 March my contract was cancelled and they put me onto a pay as you go. On Monday the 26 March up to 28 March I have made numerous calls to sort this out and re-open my account. I was told this has been done. When i called on 27 March as plus minus 16H4, I was told that is was not done yet. The person I spoke to said that he is requesting for them to re-open my account urgently. I don't know who I can speak to regarding this problem now. I am getting very frustrated as this is causing an invonvenience for me now. I still said that my contract has been cancelled, but 2 to 3 months down the line they will want to make me pay for their phone that I have in my possession

• Je
      12th of Aug, 2016
    Altech Autopage - overcharged
    South Africa

Altech Autopage is an absolute disgrace to customer service. I have been billed for two devices for two consecutive months, when I only have one device on the contract. I have also been billed for BIS when I own a Samsung S3.
    On the 01/08/2013, I contacted the helpdesk and spoke to Lee and she advised that all will be sorted out.
    On the 12/08/2013, I contacted the helpdesk and spoke to Imtiaz to confirm if the reversal was done. He advised that nothing was processed as yet and he will sort all out.
    On the 28/08/2013, I contacted the helpdesk and spoke to Thandeka to confirm if the reversal was done. She advised that nothing was processed as yet and promised that she will sort all out.
    On the 04/09/2013, I contacted the helpdesk and spoke to Samonay to confirm if the reversal was done. She advised that nothing was processed as yet and will ask the Manager to contact me and that she will sort all out. (Manager didn’t not contact me)
    Just out of curiosity, I contacted the helpdesk and spoke to Comfort to confirm if the reversal was done, and he once again confirmed the inabilities of his team and Cellular Company as yet again nothing was process.
    Urgent assist is required.

• Ai
    Autopage - High account due to stolen phone
    autopage.co.za

Somebody stole my phone on 9 Sept 2009, I did the sim swop on Monday 14th Sept 2009. I struggled about a week to get my card activated, this was eventually done on Monday the 21st Sept 2009. On 22 September I received an sms from Autopage telling me my account was R12 443.02. I phoned Autopage and they said it was a mistake my account was RR328.25, (can'tt remember the correct amount). I received another sms of this amount and I phoned again, this operator informed me that there is fraud involved and the Fraud department was busy with the investigation. On Friday 25 Sept a Candice phoned me and told me there were international calls made from the handset that she phoned me on during that weekend. My phone was not open for International calls and my handset was one of my daughter that I am borrowing. I did a detailed affidavit and faxed it on Monday 28 Sept. Candice said I must make arrangement for payments with a Felicia on 05 Oct on the following nr. 011 650 2736 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 011 650 2736 end_of_the_skype_highlighting. I could not get hold of this person and send a fax to Candice to informed her. I also send Candice 2 faxes in connection with strange phone calls on that number. Since then nobody came back to me since then.

Autopage - Treating customers with disdain

To whom it may concern,

I have been a attempting to contact Autopage for feedback on the IPhone4's availability.

What's started out as a simple query has now to me become an exercise in frustration and a glaring example of how not to treat a consumer.

As of now I've contacted Autopage through their website a total of 8 times, phoned their customer care line 4 times

and not on received a coherent response or even an attempt at one.

What bothers me the most is the fact that I've been the one chasing Autopage in order to receive a modicum of service and Autopage staff / corporate culture? couldn't be bothered to even acknowledge me.

I've been a customer of Autopage for almost 15 years.

If this is how they treat a customer, with such disdain, then it's clear I won't be one for much longer.

• Pi
    Altech / Autopage - Poor service
    South Africa

Poor service in general.Staff don't care. They never come back to you. Promises made and when things don't work out all you get is sorry. Well sorry doesn't cut it. I don't think complaints are read or taken seriously. I have sent a number of complaint to head office. I have not once received a reply. I am moving all my contracts, 4 of them, including my internet connection to another company. I have been with Autopage for 10 years now. Quite a few friends and colleagues have similar complaints and are moving their contracts

• Ka
    Autopage - Utterly disgusting service
    autopage.co.za

I puchased a Vodacom starter pack & went through the normal RICA process on about the 1st September . 2 days later upon trying to phone and get a new cell number allocated by dialling 100, I got the 'Sorry you are not RICA compliant...automated message. 2 days later same story.

I then phoned Altech Montclair for them to help with with this issue. After being told that I have been captured for definite on the system I was then told to contact their head office. I duely did only to be told to call the call centre (I tried, one needs a cell number to enter before you can get through). I phoned back yet again with the promise that someone will call me back...nothing. I phoned the Montclair branch again, spoke to someone, he re-checked the system saying it appeared as if there was a problem with the system on the initial capture and it didn't go through. They then recaptured it. A few days later still NO luck with the RICA compliancy. I subsequently went back yesterday and raised the issue, The ladies stared at the computer screen blankly and promised someone would phone me & they will get it sorted... NO REPLY AGAIN from anyone.. this is utterly disgusting service.