AlsoShop.com / Bad business practices

1 US Review updated:

I opened up a new seller account on July 31, 2009.

Through online auction site http://www.alsoshop.com. And paid a small $2.50 amount verification fee to be verified.

And i created my own password which I found out later on around August 9 to August 10, 2009. Didn't work in accessing my seller account and i tried to request a new password or the old one. Through the www.alsoshop.com website and by emailing the site administrator Ms. Lynette Jester with no response sent back to me or just no response after a few times I emailed.

AlsoShop.com and Ms. Lynette Jester or Ms. Lynette kept my $2.50 verify fee. And now I cannot access my seller account and have not receive my new password.

And this is almost like some scam auction site to paid the fee and still not have access to your own seller account in order to sell items.

I want my money back and need my account to be completely closed and emailed back on this closure.

Jo

Comments

• Al
      Aug 19, 2009

An account was indeed opened on July 31, 2009, and is only partially true of the details stated, not by this member's user name.

The account member most closely fitting the details of this complaint did inded email me several times. Each email was replied, several with numerous correspondence following. Not one of the emails were returned as undeliverable.

However, I cannot be held responsible for a member not remembering their user name or log-in, nor for undelivered, misdirected or ignored emails, nor a members inability to follow simple directions in the use of the site.

All emails received from this member were answered within a timely manner, some were merged and answered in one email, only the 'lost password' retrivals seems to have been not received by this member and related emails concerning this incidence, and only when the lost password retrival set by myself to be sent to this member, did they receive it. Numerous email exchanges, yet this member could not received a password reset. And only when I used a webservice email account did communications resume regarding the lost password retrival.

The member accessed his/her account on 8-17-09, at 02:17:40 EDT, prior to this complaint being posted.

The lost password retrivals were tested and functioned perfectly in our tests.

As of this writing, 934 other members have used AlsoShop.com for selling and buying, without this issue.

Aug 26, 2009

This member has now listed items for sale.

Sep 04, 2009

Alsoshop is a total scam. The company lists a fake LLC Alsoshop LLC on its website and domain WHOIS records. There is no such LLC on file in any state.

Sep 06, 2009

Who cares if they have an LLC or not? AlsoShop sells nothing - it's sellers do. Sounds like a case of sour grapes, or the failure known as Russell Bailey.

• Ad
      Sep 07, 2009

@@JaniesPlace

The California Secretary of State and Attorney General are who care if they don't have an LLC because they have falsely portrayed themselves as a legal entity. It is illegal to falsely portray yourself as a legal entity, i.e. to say you're an LLC, when you're not. Your defending a flagrant violation of the law doesn't say much about your business ethics.

Sep 14, 2009

And would this same Attorney General be interested in the activities of a couple of cyberstalkers?

• Ze
      Oct 03, 2009

Lynette Jester is also with someone called binarywebs (Ray Stevens) who also has a false LLC company. He owns alsoshop.com as well and also scams people on pphprobid private forums so no one can see him. he also owned plunderhere.com which he sold and is now in deep trouble. stay clear of these scammers.

Oct 03, 2009

The owner of phpprobid.com protects binarywebs (Ray stevens) and other scammers dealing with the above people. They are allowed to scam people without any retribution and also you are allowed to use any URL that looks similar to phpprobids to trick people out of their money. example scamming site related to phpprobid is http://www.probidscripts.com/ where its more than likely the owner of phpprobid gets a lot of kick back money for this.

Jul 06, 2010

Just sign up to say YES!.., phprobid is not PRO, it is only phpbid..., they are not PRO in any way, and not only that.. go to their forums, they are closed... you know why? they dont want us to know about what they are doing with clients... if you wan to play to be Ebay.. go ahead, and come back later to tell us what I am saying.. and those others above.

Not saying do not buy it, the contrary, go and buy it, have your own look at it.. but do not forget this comments.. you will come back here to say what is has already said... not a pro, it is a TOY.

Jul 22, 2010

I tried selling products on the Also Shop site. I was having trouble and wrote them for assistance. The very first response I got from them was one of the rudest emails I have ever received. This person was completely unprofessional, rude, attacking and did not offer any help at all. Blamed me for doing everything wrong and not reading their instructions. Which is not true. Perhaps I missed or misunderstood some information, but I read everything as I was setting up my shop.

If I didn't know better, I would think that Also Shop doesn't want any new sellers or they are discriminating. In their second response, they stated "I don't pretend to be politically correct or even polite" and refused to help me with my listings. I have several other merchant stores and I have never had to write a complaint about any of them. Alsoshop didn't even pretend to act like they wanted my business. or I should say Lynette didn't.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced their rudeness, but I really think they should be reported. I can't just ignore this. It was the worst experience I ever had with customer service. I find it really funny that they compare themselves to eBay!!! Ebay isn't the most helpful, but they are never rude! And I am sorry, but also shop does not compare to the other 10 merchant sites I am listed on, let alone ebay.

On Facebook, the creator is named Angela Doucet G., but it is Lynette Jester who responded to me. Lynette may want to hire someone else to do her customer service. She doesn't seem to have the right personality to be in customer service and as owner she is only hurting herself.

• Up
      Jul 20, 2011

you probably never noticed but all of us (14 people so far) noticed that David at PhpProBid is in fact binarywebs! all of those so-called popular sites they got are all owned by David of ppb (also known as ray or binarywebs or Richard or 100+ other first names and usernames). you better off commit suicide before falling into PhpProBid shenanigan nest!

Aug 20, 2011

I have a negative experience in also shop since day one. The administration. I contact admin because i was having problems with my log in. After 2 weeks later the owner ban me when i ask why she respond, because i can the site is mine and i can do whatever i want.

• Sp
      Dec 22, 2011

I too have been one of the lucky ones to have dealt with the "tough girl" that is Lynette Jester. Every email was about whacking people off the site..."Another difference between Alsoshop and ebay, I'll whack a NPB in a heart beat. And fix it so they have a harder time getting back in." I don't even know what a NPB is. In another post while asking for help I was told..".Lots of noobies coming here from other sites make the mistake of thinking I'm desperate and will accept anything. They don't last too long." At first I was very impressed with the fast hands on way Ms Jester answered my original question but then she continued speaking and her true personality came out. Since I have asked for a refund and to have my account closed, I have gotten very nice emails but the damage is done and I will have to slink back to my facebook and tell people the place I thought was so great is really a very difficult to navigate and difficult admin. place to do business. Jury is still out on my refund. I don't know what PhpProBid is and obviously not a stalker so I'm not sure what the excuse for this will be. I am just one person with a lot of nice items to sell and sadly will have to deal with the nickle and diming of ebay because at least they don't act like the Mike Tyson of web sites.

Feb 14, 2012

@sparkle2011k, The TERMS and CONDITIONS that you agreed to clearly state the verification fee is non-refundable. We did exchange several email. And if you don't follow directions or requests. and No, I'm not the Mike Tyson, I'm more Sonny Liston.

Feb 14, 2012

zero1457, animal007, hoffman56, UPYOZ are board trolls.

Feb 14, 2012

@ alsoshopseller, the next time you need to request help, maybe it would be to every one's benefit if you stated exactly what problem you are having. Just stating "I have a problem" doesn't tell anyone what your problem is. Then the person receiving your request for help has to play 20 questions. That's not fair to them or you. If you "miss something" how can the other person know what that 'something' is if you can't describe it?

"This is what I did", "This is the issue I'm having." "how do I get started?" Be explicit in describing the problem.
    And if trying to pinpoint exactly what your problem you are having is an attack and being rude, not stating the issue is equally as rude.

• Fa
      Jan 31, 2013

Also shop site is not free and when you sell items you have to pay for each action you list and after you pay fees the site send you email for you pay oder amount to have a paypal verified and if you not pay is removed your listing and not refund fees you pay. You lose the money you pay for listed items. Its fraud.

Mar 21, 2013

Fashionista, you posted a WANT AD with an item for sale. Want Ads do have a fee associated, $0.60 USD, as stated on the Site Fees page. Terms and conditions, that YOU agreed to state items for sale cannot be posted in Want Ads. Want ads for for people posting something they are looking to buy. Want Ads cannot complete sales. And the TERMS also state ALL SELERS MUST BE PAYPAL VERIFIED. And that verification fee is $2.50 USD. And the PayPal dispute you filed... PayPal agreed that there was no fraud. However, if you have a problem with the English language, and did not or could not read the TERMS and CONDITIONS and Site Fees, does not prove I committed any type of fraud. Verification fees are posted to the sellers account for use.