Alpha Products International, Inc / Unsafe Product

1 910North 19th Ave. EastNewton, IA, United States Review updated:

On July 10, 2008, I purchased an X-560 electric scooter and paid for assembly. As it was close to closing, I was given a floor model that was supposedly fully inspected. After arriving home, my daughter began riding the scooter. Going down the sidewalk, the steering gave way and she crashed quite hard. I called Alpha immediately on the 11th and was told that floor models were only put together for photos. I then was told to bring back the broken model and would get a replacement and "things would be made right". Upon arrival, I was treated like an annoyance. I was offered "$50 off" a new model if I signed a waiver of liability. After refusing this, the supposed GM brought out a refund and refused to sell me another scooter. This was all in front of my daughter. This company is a fraud and a joke. They sell nearly entirely online with no return priviledges. I asked to speak to the owner and was told that was not possible. Thankfully, my daughter was not hurt worse than she was. This company admitted negligence but could have cared less about the outcome. They should be shut down and being a fraud.

Comments

• Te
      12th of Feb, 2009

I purchased an X562 and it is full of both unsafe and sloppy engineering. They should be forced to remove these products from the market before they seriously injure someone.