Alpha Mud Logging LLC / Alpha Oil Services LLC / Warning to future employee's of this business owner

8185 N. FM 51, Decatur, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 940-466-9676

This establishment offers good wages of pay, but the owner is horrible, Louis Mack Wattigney is the mans name. My experience with working there was horrible. First of all there are no bathroom facilities in the office, one must go next door to the owners private home to use the restroom & if they are not home, you better be glad you are in the boondocks so you can pull up a piece of grass to pee on! Also the owner of the company Mack is a real HOTHEAD. He screamed at me as well as cussed me on several occasions, talked to his other employee's hateful on phone conversations which I overheard. He was very rude most of the day, I found my overall experience with him and his companies ( yes plural ) to be a very big disappointment and a waste of my time. I would never suggest ANYONE work for this man or any of his companies!!! I am aware that Get Hooked Charter's Fishing in Louisiana is one of his business's, as well as Denton
Wrecker Service & auto repair on Rector Rd in Sanger, Tx. And of course Alpha Mud Logging LLC. In Decatur, Tx / Alpha Oil Services LLC. Decatur, Tx. He also expects you to work from 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri, with a 30 min. lunch and you take a 15 min. break in the morning and a 15 min. break in the afternoon. BUT you are only payed for an 8 hour day even though you are there for 8 1/2 hours a day. In other words, You pay for your own breaks. He says that it is in the information by the door on a bulletin board. And even though it is state law that the employer is to give you 2, 15 min. breaks in an 8 hour period. He doesn't think he has to pay for it, that you should. This place is a JOKE, and BEWARE of this employer!!! He also told me it was nothing to close the business name down & start a new company in another name, when I approached him with the situations at hand. I'm not bashing the mans character, just want to be known to other people that his business ethic is not the way it should be. And to put out a WARNING of what they are getting into prior to working for him.

Comments

• Th
      2nd of Feb, 2011

I agree with everything that was said in the above complaint, POOR
    Business practices abound here. He hires mudloggers that smoke
    Marijuana but gets rid of people that are good workers, and
    He doesn't drug test so he doesn't know the difference. If I were
    An oil company looking for a good logging company steer WAY clear
    Of Alpha Mudlogging!! Call Stivers Consulting out of Graham, Texas or
    Geosite out of San Angelo, Texas they are Good Reputiable logging
    Companies and will do a way better job for you.

• Tw
      2nd of Mar, 2011

My business partner and I sub-contracted for this company on a well close to Midland-Odessa. It was sold to the client as an EDS job meaning the electronic transfer of data in real time through TOTCO, Pason, etc. We used one of Mack’s newer units for this job. We get to location and discovered that the plug from the unit does not match the receptacle on rig location. Eventually, that issue was resolved; however, once we have power, we cannot keep the computer and chromatograph running at the same time in addition to other systems that require electricity. Finally, an electrician comes out to location and discovers that the electrical system in the unit is not properly wired. On top of all of that, the rig does not have an electronic data collection system. The TOTCO is old-style requiring a switch mechanism which in turn requires a cable for connection with the computer. The unit is not supplied with the switch and there is roughly 10’ of cable and the rig is ~ 75' away!! We do everything we can with no sleep. We tell the client to get someone else due to this not being fair to them. Mack goes ballistic and wants us to sit on the rig floor and take measurements!! Stay away from this guy.

• Ne
      25th of May, 2011

The gas equpiment is a fake. If you are on location you can walk to the line cut it and the "logger" would never know. But don't tell that to MACK he is never wrong, got the best equipment, etc. I feel so sorry for the loggers he has. He charges the Resource Comp 80.00 a night for lodging but really he is paying 40.00 a night at a trash- should be reported to the state, disease infested truck stop type motel rooms.. . He has a hot head for a Supervisor but he knows noting about Oilfield.. He has a pending Sexual Discrimination against him and has sat in Federal Prison.
    So steer clear if at all possible. I would go with a bigger and BETTER company than Alpha Oilfield/Mudlogging LLC.

• Bo
      28th of May, 2011

This sounds like simple whining and personality conflicts. The guys is old school military. If you want a politically correct boss, with HR standing behind you while you whine - go work there. Rigging, drilling and logging like many tasks are often met with field challenges - your job is to help solve the problems - not whine about it.

24th of Aug, 2018

@botcalls 35 years in oil business this guy is the most unprofessional person I ever meet and if I ever see him again he should be real lucky I dontcslap the, [censored] out of him

• Bo
      10th of Jun, 2011

I take it all back... 13 days later and I've been told the company is out of money and we did not get paid... He is horrible. Terrible businessman. Claims to be in business 30 years and has hardly a thing to show for it. Trailers in disrepair, 250% employee turnover. Just crazy. Everything the original poster said is true. BEWARE OF TAKING A JOB HERE.

@botcalls Exactly

• Bl
      11th of Jun, 2011

Its a SAD place to work!!! Find something BETTER they are out there.. If it seems to good to be true it probably IS !!!

• Tr
      12th of Aug, 2011

Plain and simple Louis "Mack" Wattigney is is dirty white trash, and a complete waste of space. He lies, he steals, he cheats, and he thinks he's sneaky while he does it. Im sure he's gone out of business by now, partially due to the majority of the drilling company and geologists black balling his sorry ###. It also has a lot to do with his sub par business practices, and his non existent code of ethics. He has a very negative attitude towards women, and speaks of them like they're trash. He calls any other race by a derogatory name, and thinks he knows all theyre is to know about the world. He acts like he knows what he is talking about, but in actuality, he's usually bullshi**ing his way through a conversation. He even calls things in his "own field" by their wrong names, such as his own mudlogging equipment. Alpah Mudlogging, or Alpha oilfield services, and even the newly dubbed Satellite logging services are all ran by a manipulative, lying, cheating son-of-a ### named Mack, and to make things worse, he is crippled with Napolean Complex. I have personally watched him alter Gas logs when his equipment failed, and then asked his employees to lie about it to company men, geologists, and anyone else he thinks will believe his crap. The most pathetic desperate thing he constantly talks about paying for the services of prostitutes while he's away on his "business meetings" with his lawyer "partner", and how he has his wife eating out of the palm of his hand- who by the way is a lovely woman. He lies and steals from his own employees, and fires them when he owes them money. He also owns multiple DBA business accounts such as a roadside assistance company, a towing company, and even an RV service, and claims all of these services employee certified technicians in their field, which is a lie. All above comments are true except the one about whining, which was quickly corrected after some time of employment Im assuming.

• Wa
      13th of Aug, 2011

Praise God for the truth and a big fat f'n HALLELUJIAH.

3rd of Sep, 2011

Mack is a liar, he will ask you to pay for the fuel to travel to jobsites and then never reimburse you. He will ask you to work for 4 months straight and never see your family on holidays, birthdays, and even childrens birth. He does fake the logs and he does not use proper machines that work correctly, he will put you on two rigs at once, one for day shift and one for the overnight shift.. He does not care if you don't sleep or eat. He will accuse you of things that he himself did, like steal for insurance claims. Do not work or associate with this man or any of his fake money laundering businesses!!!

7th of Mar, 2012

My family tried to look at this man's property along with the real estate agent who had it listed, but Mack would not leave us alone - the realtor said he had told them he had to be present at every showing - he made sure we only went where he wanted us to go, and wanted us out quickly. Kinda made us wonder about the secrecy! It was a waste of the realtor's time and ours to drive there to view the junk-filled property. BTW: this property is in the beginning stages of foreclosure due to non-payment on property taxes.
    You can tell from just talking to him that he does not know how to tell the truth! Even the local appraisal district is on to his schemes of claiming his business is a non-profit organization.

• Su
      13th of Mar, 2012

I also worked for Mack and idoit meth addicted partner BIll or Bob or whatever the evil existence of a shell of a human being he is,
    His main logger was high on Marijuana, a 23 yr old expert logger, ha, wouldn't even show me how to run the equipment on my first and only job with them because he didn't know how. The gas detector equipment didn't work, Hotwire or Chromatigraph. The trainer told me to go back uphole and copy and paste the ROP and the Company man/Geologist was looking over my shoulder at the log and asked me why the gas wasn't reading and I said because it doesn't work and the trainer little fat boy wouldn't show me, I'm sure, because he couldn't and I got fired by Mack and the Company Man fired Alpha Mudlogging and ran them off the job. HaHa
    Before that happened though, Mack was in the logging unit where I was and as he passed by me, he grabbed me by my hips and rubbed himself up against me, I went to Decatur and told Anna his wife about it. He gave me my paycheck and shorted me $200.00, no lie. Susan
    He is a liar and a thief.

@Susan Ruatto Been there with this guy

• 12
      19th of May, 2012

I believe you Susan. He is a hypocritical con-artist and has his "wife" Anna fooled. She is bad if not worse cause she knows how dirty that old ### is. The IRS is onto him as I type. I cannot imagine him having any work. What about his house he has financed with a bank in West Virginia. He got ran out of PA, VA so he has to tuck his tail and run back to good ole Texas...How funny!
    Good Luck Susan with getting the 200.00 he owes you. That won't happen...He knows all the tricks in the book, at least he thinks he does..I am 10 steps ahead of him and his "company".

• Mu
      7th of Jun, 2012

Yep, thats Mack. i did two wells in KS for him. he still owes me money on both. His equipment is fake, and it floods unburned gasses into his units- which are nothing more than condemmed fema trailers left over from Katrina.
    they are full of mold, and formaldahyde, and will make you sick.
    If you live in TX I suggest going to OSHA, and calling the local fire chief. He had to have had abond in effect at the time, and insurance.
    Get the ball rolling, and get ahold of me if you need another witness.
    This guy is a crook and deserves to be investigated.

• Wh
      13th of Aug, 2012

I worked for Mack and successfully brought on multiple open-ended jobs with reputable oil/gas companies in Dallas, Ft. Worth and Oklahoma City. Every single job I sold for him ended prematurily due to his horrible business practices. He focuses a majority of his time renting these run-down cabanas called Anna's Cabana's located in Crystal Beach. I read the negative reviews and made an effort to extend him the benefit of doubt. Well, I soon learned he is not above extorsion, lying, cheating by simply shutting the doors to the company and changing the name to avoid payment. He is truely the worst individual I have ever had the mis-pleasure of meeting.

• Ia
      25th of Mar, 2013

just to let the liar 12345byebye know...that 23 year old logger will go farther than you will...the meth addicted evil you were discussing being yourself and were let go because you didnt know your ### from a hole in the ground...yes Mack is old school..do it how he said and you would have still had a job...

27th of Mar, 2013

iamme70 are you sure you're not Mack or Anna?
    You really need to stop talking smack on the Internet to people you do not know. Mack is a fake and a phony. My husband IS OWED 500.00 AND we WILL get it. I PROMISE if it is the last thing I do...Why you think he was ran out of WV, and Pa? He is a manipulating con-artist, and my hubby took his only REAL client he had in WV.. lol His day is coming. He is being investigated as I type this. IRS!!! And did you know dear that he sat in jail for threatening to kill a IRS agent?

So just to let you know Mack and Anna are not holier than thou. They are SICK...

@thatsme15606 Sorry u went thru what i did

27th of Mar, 2013

also iamme70, why are you under 2 differnat names on here? It is Mabank Texas. .. lol You are talking smack about Mack in the first post then now you are taking up for his old ###.. What's up with that?

15th of Apr, 2013

I use to work for his wrecker service Denton wrecker. He is an idiot. Has an old ### wrecker that breaks down all the time and yes he does hire pots heads. One guy on particular would snap all the time at people. Mack doesn't know how to properly run a business. He is just a hothead. Very mean old man. The guy treats people like ###. When I was working up there the tax auditor came and was apparently looking for him but he lied and used his brothers name. The guy is a ###ing ###.

10th of May, 2013

Mack Sucks,
    Is his mudlogging still in business? Or does he have any work at all? I feel the same way you do, but you have to pray for people like him. He is not all there in his right mind, and anyone that has ever worked for him will know that. Did you ever meet Ryan? He was one of his mudloggers from a few years ago.

• La
      11th of Sep, 2013

He is pretty much the worst of the worst. Ego-maniac, liar, thief, and pretty much the worst person I have ever met.

He also would tell me he was going to give me a raise, so kept spending my own money and putting miles on my car because somehow I bought this line. Underpaid (not paid overtime or anything for that matter for extra hours worked). he had me do disgusting jobs and crap outside. My duties involved trying to swindle geologist into using his worthless company, dropping off dogs, getting yelled at for trying to do a good job, eating his nasty food...I got to the point where I would just lie to him because if I told him the truth he would scream and curse at me. My base salary pays twice as much as he gave me without considering that I had to pay expenses out of pocket.

He really deserves to spend the rest of his disgusting miserable life in prison.

24th of Aug, 2018

@Lancelot05 I am 60 years old..if I ever see his ass again.

• Ry
      5th of Jan, 2014

I WORKED FOR HIM FOR MANY YEARS AND KNOW EVERYONE OF YOU WHO MADE THESE COMMENTS ABOVE LMAO NOW LOOKING BACK YES HE IS A CROOKED OLD FOOL BUT I KNOW I WAS ALWAYS PAID RIGHT AND ON THE MOST PART ASIDE FROM BEING PUT IN ### WV, KS, PA, OH, TX, LA, MOTEL ROOMS BECAUSE HE WAS A PENNY PINCHER LIKE MOST MEN FROM HIS TIME ..I DONT SEE ANYTHING ABOVE THAT IS WORTH A MAN GOING TO PRISON BUT OK IF YALL SAY SO ...AND UR RIGHT UR HUBBY DID TAKE ALL OUR WORK WITH HIM WHEN HE LEFT NOT CONSIDERING THE OTHER EMPLOYEES HE HAD WORKEN FOR HIM/WITH HIM IT WAS REALLY A ### MOVE BUT ALL IS WELL I HAVE ...STILL I SEE NO REASON TO SLANDER HIS NAME EVERYONE SCREWS UP PERIOD ...AND AS FOR YOU SUSAN YOU WERE TRYING TO THROW YOUR NASTY ### ALL OVER THAT RIG AT ANYONE WHO WOULD TAKE IT SO YES ME THE NOW 25 YEAR OLD OPERATIONS MANAGER FIRED YOUR ### NOT MACK U WERE COMPLETLY UN PROFESSIONAL AND U DIDNT KNOW WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON AS FAR AS GEO. OR LOGGING SKILLS SORRY LADY I HAVE FORGOTEN MORE THAN YA KNOW ...sorry i can understand having issues with your boss etc... but all this cmon now guys...lol

• Cr
      1st of Oct, 2014

I also worked for mack several years ago in 08 he is the devil every thing ive read about him above is true i feel bad for his wife but at the same time i dont she puts up with his ### he yrlls at you like a maniac it wouldnt suprise me if he did the same to his wife this was the worst boss ive ever had my ex girlfriend used to run his little gas dtation burger joint and she was repetedly harrassed by that filthy piece of white trash his machines dont work his company is a hoax so if you are a company looking to hire mack just relize why theres not one good thing said about him above and if there is those people are probably ### too...