Alpha Ecological / poor service

1 1200 NE 112th AveVancouver, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 360-885-4000

My husband and I were having problems with ants and were interested in an environmentally friendly way of taking care of them. We called Alpha Ecological and bought a guarantee service for 6 months. According to the salesperson, after the initial payment, any remaining treatment would be free. The first treatment went well and the service man was very nice. After about 3 weeks we had more ants than ever and called back to have someone come out. We were told that seeing more ants is normal and that we couldn't get more treatment for 60 days?!? This was the first we had heard of this. We called back in another week because I had found the original invoice and saw that it said we could get re-treated after 30 days. The customer service person was very rude and said it didn't matter what the invoice said they wouldn't treat for 60 days. She told me it was probably our fault that there were more ants. I finally called and threatened to call an attorney. Then they set up the re-treatment. Now more time has past, we still have ants, are out a lot of money and the company is completely unhelpful. No apologies and no service. I want to warn others against using them. Once they have your money they don't care what happens.

Ja

Comments

10th of Jun, 2008

I too had an unfortunate experience with Alpha ecological sales practices. I was PROMISED by the sales guy that after the initial treatment, any follow up treatments would be initiated by me. This has turned out not to be true and Alpha just showed up, sprayed outside and then left an invoice on my front door telling me I now owed then money...and for what? They did nothing indoors, just outdoors - but charged the same. When I contacted Alpha directly about this they were rude and extremely unhelpful and tried to tell me that I had signed up for a monthly service and in fact that was a lie. They are practicing very poor and UNETHICAL sales practices at this business...and guess what...we still have ants...DO NOT HIRE ALPHA ECOLOGICAL FOR YOUR PEST CONTROL. You will be sorry if you do.

• Mi
      20th of Oct, 2008

Being in the business of pest control myself, i have to disagree with both of the previous comments. The residual effects of the products used take time. It does not happen over night. In fact, you as the customer have to have patience in order for the process to work correctly. The chemicals have to be tracked back to the ant colonies in order to eliminate them. As i mentioned before, this takes time. Sometimes six weeks, sometimes 45 to 60 days, depending on the size of the colony, and how far away it is from your home. I would not expect anyone outside of this feild to understand this immediately, due to the fact that they are NOT trained proffesionals.

• St
      6th of Jul, 2013

Then why not take care of your people! I have had the same experience!! NOT once has he went under my crawl space, You have to BEG them to even go underneath the crawl space!!! NO ONE has EVER told me It takes that long! How dare u insult the people above!!! I hope others will catch on that ur company lies, and Preys on the elderly!!! I am filing a complaint against ur company, and getting a lawyer!! For undelivered services that NEVER happened!! See even when u answer someone back u are RUDE!! You tell me WHY on a number of sites no one trusts you!! You act like this poor customer, is stupid or something!! Andrew I see your a doctor, so you are very educated, go look at the complaints this company has!!! Please move on, they will NOT deliver, I am sorry I didn't go to the complaint site, I checked the BB they rated high, but I know u have to have lots of people call in and file a complaint, for some it is just to hard, SHAME on this company!! I am going to seek legal advice as what I am going to do, besides BB, Attorney Generals office etc...And claim it on my CC, to reverse charges, as I am protected through my bank!!