Alpha Carz - Roswell Georgia / Buyer Beware!!!

1 442 S. Atlanta Street Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

We began looking at luxury SUV's back in April. We were in the market for an Lexus RX330 and our search led us to Alpha Carz due to their low prices when compared to that of major dealerships. We initially dealt with Shum and Jon (their finance guru). We did not feel good about the vehicle and eventually became suspicious. When we requested a carfax report, we were told their systems were down. They gave us the same excuse when we asked for hard copies of the sales contract to review the numbers. Alpha Carz is also known for having the worst customer service. Our salesperson who was Zack never returned phone calls unless we called him multiple times and we were given multiple excuses every time we called.

The straw that broke the camels back was when we decided to give them another try on another Lexus RX 330 and they tried to sell us the SUV with bad tires, broken antenna, a damaged console, broken tail light and the list goes on. Interestingly the vehicle was advertised on their website as “Reduced Price” but the photos of the vehicle were taken so as to camouflage these flaws. When we asked them to fix the issues as part of the deal, they refused to do so initially. They eventually fixed some of the issues and pretty much passed the repair costs unto us as part of an administrative fee but claimed it was a bank fee. Apparently, the vehicle had been sold once before and returned. The reason for return did not add up! We decided to call another dealership to check on another vehicle when the salesman cautioned us about dealing with Alpha Cars as they are presently under investigation. They are known for switching numbers at the last minute and passing on administrative bank fees that most dealers absorb. Please do your homework and take your business elsewhere if you are desperately looking for a vehicle. Alpha Cars loves to prey on the desperate. Review the numbers on your contract very carefully!! More importantly, be sure to get an Auto check and Car fax report and if possible an independent dealer inspection!!

Comments

• Ca
      12th of Jul, 2009

check out this article about Alpha Cars...

• Al
      31st of Jul, 2009

I was looking for a Lexus RX330 as well and drove 200+ miles one way because they said everything was perfect. They said they just traded for it that morning and had just put it on the internet while it was finishing up getting detailed. After the drive, we arrived and checked out the vehicle. Immediately, I noticed a huge hole in the dash that you could see through. I brought it to my brother's attention. He checked out the hood, the clear coat was off the entire hood and the passenger door had some overspray in the door jam ( from previous paintwork, because of a wreck obviously ). On the phone they had told me that the carfax was clean and had a good title. The tires were bald, with less than 5% tread left. This vehicle was supposably traded in that morning, but somehow it had a sticker on the windshield where it had already been to a dealer car auction and not been sold. ( I only know this because I am a dealer ). The salesman was very rude and said he did not know who was on the phone and answering our questions, but this guy was very, very wrong on his information. The vehicle price was $13, 900 and he was wanting to charge us extra fees to fix everything. This place is a total rip off and I really hope they get shut down soon before too many people get ripped off. One other suspicious thing about them is that on autotrader.com their business name is "Alpha Cars" and below they have it spelled "Alfa Carz". A dealership that had a good name would not spell their dealership 2 different ways. Go to the link below and look at the rest of the stories plus videos. I would never personally refer or buy anything from them because this report was done awhile ago and they were still altering their carfax reports.

• Li
      5th of Aug, 2009

Please do yourself and others a favor and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau!! All businesses are required to respond to complaints filed with the BBB.

• So
      11th of Sep, 2009

I was at Alpha Carz a month ago to purchase a 2005 Acura TSX, 41k miles at $14, 490 who wouldnt want that deal??? I take the car on a test drive and checked out by a mechanic and immediatley notice the engine light was on and was advised that they would fix that at no cost to me and said it was due to the 02 sensor because the previous owner did not put premium gas in the car, SERIOUSLY?!?!?! The brakes needed to be replaced as well and I was advised that I would need to pay for that out of my pocket because they had already reduced the price. Just because the prices are low does NOT mean you are getting a good deal, plus they wanted to tack on an additional $500 for dealership fees and sell me an $1, 000 warranty and did not mention the existing warranty on the car until I asked. I did not go through with the deal and after reading here I am glad I did not.

• Ca
      8th of Oct, 2009

I bought my car there and after I took it home, I found out this car had frame damage on the side with after market bumper (worst paint job), broken rubber shield (water get into the trunk). I regret that I should do my homework before I bought it

I spent over $1000 for get it right . Now I am going to check and see if they doctor carfax report ...

• Co
      9th of Nov, 2009

I would have to disagree, I have purpchased 3 cars in the last 4 years from the dealership and have never had an issue with them. The customer service has been outstanding. The guys are getting razzed on due to the fact they are minority owned business owners. One of them had even served the military.

Its rather obvious that the consumers did not do the proper due diligence prior to purchasing the car. They have a thorough inspection with detail with every purchase.

You cant "DOCTOR" carfax reports, as they are generated online from a website, the only way to do it is to copy and paste line by line, and as busy as those guys are, highly unlikely they are going to put in the effort.

18th of Nov, 2009

My husband and I just purchased a 2005 Lexus GX from Zack at Alpha Carz. I have to say that we did a ton of research on the dealership and this vehicle before we made the decision to drive over 400 miles round trip to look at it. We saw the negative reports on this website along with a few other reports talking about the same issues but we decided that we were going to do our own due dilligence by checking AutoCheck and CarFax independently and we took the vehicle to Hennessy Lexus to have their all point inspection completed on the car. The inspection came out great! We drove the car for an hour and thoroughly inspected it ourselves and decided it was a great deal for us. Zack was very easy to work with and we ended up buying a great used car. The thing about the used car business is that there are never any guarantees and as a consumer, you have to do your own research and be diligent in your inspection. As for the fraudulent CarFax reports and the bad salesperson that some people have referred to, we were ensured that he is no longer there and just like any small business sometimes you are going hire a bad apple but the entire business should not suffer from it so long as they correct the problem as soon as they realize that it is a problem! I would purchase another vehicle from Alpha Carz. One more thing to point out - we stopped by Hennessy Lexus in Atlanta and looked an identical GX that was priced $4000 more than the one at Alpha Carz and I must say that I felt more like I was on a used car lot at Hennessy than I did at Alpha Carz! They refused to fix two large dents in their car, as well as some large scrapes, but they were trying to sell it as a Certified Lexus! The one at Alpha Carz was in much better shape and a lot cheaper and they were more willing to work with us than Hennessy! Thank you Zack!

• Eu
      22nd of Dec, 2009

Had a similar experience at Alfa Carz today (12/22/09). When I asked the salesperson (Sunny) if the car had been in an accident, he claimed to have checked the Carfax report and acknowledged while the car had some rear damage no frame damage was reported. Upon reading these reviews, I spent the $45 to run a Autocheck report to only find out that frame damage was in fact reported and that the vehicle had actually been in 3 separate accidents over the past 2 years.

Glad to have realized this now rather than after, but still HIGHLY annoyed that my time was wasted and that I was lied to.

• Ed
      2nd of Jan, 2010

My experience with Alpha Carz goes as far as Six Years. Everyone there is True Professional. I am well pleased with the vehicle that we purchased.
    Sonny & Ali were true gentleman. Car buying was a true pleasure at Alpha Carz.
    We have purchased few cars at Various Atlanta Dealership. I would never want to experience the Circus again.
    I sincerely wish Alpha Carz and its assocites many Years of success.

EdAl

5th of Feb, 2010

Alpha carz is full of butchered, chop-shopped cars. Jon is a scam artist. They sell cars without airbags, edit carfax reports, and some of their cars are really two or three cars put together into one and claim they have 'minimal body damage'. Their best seller at the lot, Wesley Ellis committed suicide last May because he was being investigated both locally and federally for editing carfax reports. This whole business is a mess. Do not trust them.

6th of Feb, 2010

Sunny and Ali are both crooks as well

6th of Feb, 2010

I'm sorry "Corey Scraggs"... but I saw first hand someone edit the reports who worked at alpha carz for over two years.

• Ge
      22nd of Feb, 2010

Alpha Carz did a wonderful job with my title issue. I received my title within two weeks of purchasing the vehicle. Unfortunately, due to errors made on the title, I had to send it back to them. They sent the corrected title within a week. I think they are wonderful. I love my 2002 BMW 325i and know I got a great deal. Thank you Alpha Carz!!

• Bw
      26th of Mar, 2010

I have purchased a lexus, acura and a Nissan from these guys over the last 2 years and had no problems at all. They also bought my Lexus back for a great price after about 1 year 10K miles. I dealt with Jon who I believe is one of the owners

• Tg
      15th of Nov, 2011

THINGS HAVEN'T CHANGED... I WAS INTERESTED IN PURCHASING AN INFINITI G35 4 DOOR THEY HAD FOR SALE. I ASKED THEM FOR A CARFAX REPORT. THEY SAID THEY HAD IT "RIGHT HERE", BUT IT TOOK 2 HOURS FOR ME TO RECIEVE IT. THAT SET OFF A RED FLAG. THE REPORT THEY SENT ME SHOWED THE VEHICLE WAS IN GOOD CONDITION. NOT BEING SATISFIED WITH THAT, I ORDERED MY OWN REPORT. MY REPORT SHOWED STRUCTURAL FRAME DAMAGE. THESE CROOKS ALTERED THE CARFAX TO HIDE THE NEGATIVE INFORMATION. I HAVE BOTH REPORTS IN FRONT OF ME. I WISH THERE WAS A PLACE I CAN SEND THEM, TO HAVE THESE CROOKS SHUT DOWN.

BE VERY VERY CAFEFUL !!! BETTER YET, STAY FAR FAR AWAY

• Ya
      10th of Feb, 2012

One guy said that Alpha Carz "preyed on the desparate" I say they prey on people believing they can beat the system.
    Alpha Carz purchases cars at auction that sell for less money, typically due to obvious owner neglect or prior accidents. Things about the cars that bring down their net worth, therefore making them cheaper to purchase. Alpha Carz then just passes on the "savings" to you. You find those things wrong with the car, they do their dance about making it right and charging you hidden fees, and in the end, you're pissed off.
    In a nutshell, you get what you pay for. You are unlikely to have beaten the system.

• Br
      6th of May, 2012

I purchased a 08' Altima from them last June. It was the worse experience I've ever had as they lied to me every time they opened their mouths. The car fax showed a accident in 2009 with nothing else listed. I was later informed by a dealer the car was in a major accident and the entire front end was welded back on. The car wouldn't pass emissions and needed the ECM replaced. They promised they would take care of the problem but I later discovered I was given a passed emission test and nothing was done. It never passed again until I replaced the ECM myself. It has ongoing electric issues and randomly fails to start for no reason. I lately tried to get rid of it and 2 dealers refused to take it on trade. Seems the CarFax shows more than "Accident - 2009". In the first 45 days I owned the car I went to a consumer lawyer, EPA, GA Clean AirForce and Nissan Corporate and none of these people were able to assist me with my issues and of course GA has practicly zero lemon laws for used cars. I can't believe in today's world crooks can still get by with this without the buyer having any recourse.

• Ri
      22nd of Jun, 2012

Stay Far away

We went to Alpha Cars because we saw that they had the lowest price on a car that me and my wife really wanted. So we bout the car and were happy until about a month later when the Navigation unit on the car stopped working. So we went to the dealership and they told is that the car was in a major accident and that the navigation unit was damaged by water because of a leak. After looking into it more the car had frame and body damage that was not fixed properly.

At first we thought that maybe they didn't know, however after pulling the records on the car from Autocheck we found that the car was sold at auction with frame damage. We informed them of the damage to the nav unit they of course said "as is". Not only did they do nothing but they were extremely rude.

I will say this is partly our fault for not getting a PPI done on the car.

Long story short buyer beware. They have super low prices, but no matter what spend the extra money and have the car inspected!

• Ry
      5th of Nov, 2012

I purchased a 2010 Nissan Altima last year from Alfa Carz. The prices were 3k less than any other dealer. They lied about the Carfax, they lied about the car being in pristine condition. There was a terrible storm the entire time I was there purchasing the car. The next day I noticed the haze on the paint. It is a black car and it looked like it was never buffed...On the entire car! Also they super-glued the door handle so that a week after I had the car the handle came off in my hand when I closed the door. The worst part was the problems with the AC. The car was still under warranty with Nissan so when my AC kept going out they couldn't explain it. They told me that the car was in some sort of serious wreck to have the components to the AC damaged like they were. Now, my car is out of manufacturers warranty AND I have a previously seriously-wrecked car!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY...NOT WORTH THE "DEAL"
    Ryan M. Wade of Columbus GA