ALP Movers / Refusal to refund after failing to deliver service

1 10 Abel Moller Street, Alberton - 1449Alberton, South Africa Review updated:

In November 2015, I contracted wilth ALP movers to move my furniture from Meyerton to Cape Town The amount Quoted was R15300.00. On 8 December at 14:08 I called Pieter (Surname unknown) and advised that the Volume had increased from 60cu metres to 65 Cu Metres see attached mp3 audio file. At 14:29 Pieter sent me an invoice based on the above discussion see attached file The booking was confirmed for Monday 14 December 9.30 to 10.30 I paid a deposit of R5300.00 by electronic transfer directly into the account of ALP on 12 December 2015 at 16:16 hrs. On Monday 14 December I waited for the truck until 11:00 when I started phoning both Pieter and Craig (surnames unknown). Both parties claim to be the only 2 directors of the company. At 11:19 Craig informed me that the truck was past Alberton and should be there shortly. This continued until 14:00 when a 6 ton truck in poor condition and with only a capacity to carry 26 cuM arrived. It was necessary for me to help push the truck to get it to start I immediately phoned to say that this was impossible. How could they sent a truck with less than half the capacity required and asked that they return the next day with a suitable truck. What followed until circa 15:50 was unsuccessful attempts to find a larger truck, when Craig confirmed that no larger truck was available ALP has not delivered in terms of our contract, as they did not supply the Vehicle suitable for the agreed task. I had chosen this company based on their website claims that they had in excess of 20 interlinks. I then realized that they were unable to supply the required vehicle and asked for the return of my money. Pieter tried to evade this by saying that he had undergone petrol expenses. If the truck was out of Alberton by 11:00 and only arrived in Henley on Klip at 14:00, I cannot be responsible. I also spoke to the driver who said he was lost. This is difficult to understand as I had sent very specific instructions by e-mail He then tried to say that I had suddenly increased the volume from 50cu M to 65 on the day of the move. This is clearly proven incorrect by the telephonic discussion of the 8th Dec and subsequent invoice. Subsequent to this Pieter has alleged (sms at 15:21) that he given the money to Craig and Craig would refund me only R3500 because I had cancelled the booking. I do not accept this as the company / individuals had not delivered in terms of the contract. In a telephonic discussion with Craig he said that He would discuss the matter with Pieter and refund my Money. At 16:58 Craig confirmed that Pieter would refund my money. Since then I have not been able to get either party to answer their phones At 21:00 no money had been received By 5 January 2016 despite further requests for a refund, no money or response has been received

Ia
Jan 5, 2016

Comments

• Al
      6th of Jan, 2016

Hi this is pieter from ALP MOVERS, and my surname by the way is de wiit, , , this client gave through a list of items that he changed on the day of collection when we arrived already, , he sold stuff and added a lot more items and so the truck we sent was paid for already in terms of diesel and labor workers, we can not just demand refunds as per client requests because you can not change your list on the day we already arrive and your recording is a conversation while our truck was already there. there were 30 boxes extra that you added and so we do not do any refunds when we arrive and there are more items to be loaded as we sent the correct size truck to collect. you are in the wrong and besides we were going to load but you canceled a booking after we have sent the correct size truck to collect for you. please make sure you do not this type of thing to other good companys please because your only making people out to be bad.. check the date on your recording as well. you said like 2 boxes extra not 30 boxes...Its a big difference you know and other items.

6th of Jan, 2016

Pieter... once again untruths from you. our telephonic discussion of 8 Dec ... We discussed increase from 60 to 65 cu m. There is no way a 26cu m truck takes either 60 or 65 Cu m. Our conversation never refers to either 2 or 30 boxes, so I challenge you to tell me where you get the number of 30 boxes from as you were never present and the stores were not even opened when the truck was there.
    The facts remain:
    I paid ALP (the business) R5300.00 up front
    By 16:58 on move day, there was no adequate truck available, Craig had agreed to give me a refund and was just going to talk to you
    I have not received ANY money back.

7th of Jan, 2016

NEWS UPDATE. On & January 2016 at 9:14 I spoke to Gerhard at the ALP office number (0110409794) He advised that they are in the process of changing the company name. Proving that they have something to hide
    I urge all to be aware. Whatever the new name may be, the people involved remain:
    Office tel 011040 9794
    Pieter de Wiit cel 0731136387
    Craig cel 0720484605
    Address 10 Abel Moller Street, Alberton - 1449.
    They refuse to refund my moneys despite having not delivered any service

• Pe
      20th of Jan, 2016

Hi Ian, thank you very much but we will keep our company name just the way it is, we have to many satisfied clients that we service every year and trust me they are very happy with our services, ALP movers is going no were trust me, what happened was entirely your own fault, i have attached bellow you original load copy from you were it states a 50m2 load and not a 63m3 load, once again there will be no refund because as i told you we spent moneys on diesel and labor for that day and when we arrived to load there were to many things, but yet as you know but wont admit that we were still trying to help you by loading our truck that was there and send a second truck to load the rest at an extra cost, but you said no, and that you are canceling and i told you if you cancel you will lose your deposit because we already spent funds for your move. We have terms just like any other company does and by the way stop bad mouthing companies that did nothing wrong because i see you bad mount a lot of companies out there, we have happy and satisfied clients that will back us up and there are over 300 clients we assist every year and its still growing, no refund will be given to you as i said funds were spent on you not me and you were dishonest about your goods because all you wanted was a good rate and when we get there you hoped that we will load 4 tons of extra goods for free lol, you take chances and you need to learn from them not repeat them . Dont ever phone our company for services again we have serious client to assist and provide a service to.

22nd of Jan, 2016

ALP as represented by Pieter... You can duck & dive as much as you like. All conversations were recorded, and what I have reported is the truth.
    Please justify R5300.00 as expenses to travel less than 30 km (27.3 km) and turn around.
    SEE YOU IN COURT!

• Pe
      22nd of Jan, 2016

actually i can, we paid for diesel ens from where the truck was coming from, our truck was coming from empty and the km was infact not 30km but 120km away from you at the time, the 30km is from your house to the dropp off point ..anyway your recordings help nothing because it was recordings on the day when our truck already arrived, you are playing games here and we will take it further if this does not stop.

• Es
      26th of Jan, 2016

We had the exact same experience with ALP movers and PIETER was threathening the people that used them

I wish we could warn everybody because I have noticed that he says the same old story to everyone.

And to threaten a pregnant woman and child of two..that says alot about morals-you have none at all.

We also struggled with a late move and problemic trucks and lost drivers and extra fees because of "more furniture".

I wish we could report these people to someone who could do something about this?

27th of Jan, 2016

A criminal case of fraud has been opened