Ally Financial / Harassing Phone Calls from [protected]

1 Powells Point, NC, United States Review updated:

For the last several years I receive constant phone calls from a credit agency calling itself "Ally Financial" (at least that's what pops up on my caller ID) looking for someone that does NOT live at my residence. I have asked them repeatedly NOT to call my home and fill my answering machine with unwanted comments/requests regarding someone else's credit. They apologize, promise to update their records, and the calls stop...temporarily. Within a couple of weeks, the calls start back up. My number is registered through the National Do Not Call Registry and I have filed repeated complaints and have even changed my phone number THREE times now. The calls still continue unabated. What can I do to get this BS to STOP!

Comments

• Rr
      7th of Apr, 2011

I have the same complaint, they are calling my constantly for my boyfriends ex I explained we have no contact nor ever plan to and to please remove our number. They promised to take care of this matter right away andwere very sorry. But weeks later they are still calling we too are on the do not call list.
    How do you get the calls to stop?

• Pe
      20th of Apr, 2011

Interesting. We too have an unpublished number and are on the do not call list. My first call from them looking for a neighbor! I'm definitely going to send a complaint to the FCC. You may also want to contact your State Attorney General's office and log a complaint too. They are there to protect their citizens from such harassing calls. I just hope we don't start getting regular calls from them!