Ally Bank / they just give your money away and send you an email afterwards

PA, United States Review updated:

BEWARE of "ALLY BANK" (originally GMAC BANK-went broke and cost the taxpayers money) They're a bunch of [censored]ES. I had a 5 year CD that was nearly $100, 000.00 and received an email today telling me "We closed your High Yield CD - 60 Month account ending in 6952. If you have any questions, please give us a call". I called them immediately and asked "WHY WAS MY ACCOUNT CLOSED WITHOUT ANY ADVANCE NOTIFICATION?" The idiot I spoke with knew from nothing. I "suspected" that it was my wife, that I'm in the process of divorcing because she's a thief. However, the CD had two more years to go at a high rate and I didn't think even she was THAT STUPID. I could have closed it at any time since I AM THE PRIMARY on the account, but I didn't think they would close an account and change the address at the same time with NO NOTIFICATION! In order for her to close the account she would have had to CHANGE THE ADDRESS FIRST, which I "thought" I had their electronic notification if ANYTHING was changed or there was ANY attempted withdrawals. The joke here is that when I call them, they want to ask me 100 questions that even I don't know the answer to, yet, they'll give my money to anyone...and tell me what they did AFTERWARDS.

The [censored] didn't even ASK ME if "the person" that called them on the phone was ACTUALLY the SECONDARY owner. For I (or they) knew, it was just a thief that stole someone's identity. They hadn't even sent the check yet and I asked them to FREEZE THE ACCOUNT. They REFUSED to do ANYTHING!

ALLY BANK is the WORST BANK I've ever dealt with. The only bank that even comes close in stupidity is Amtrust Bank (aka-Ohio Savings Bank and/or New York Community Bank) They're another bunch of thief losers that swindled my daughter and changed a mortgage commitment at closing and she was afraid to walk out because they told her she would lose her deposit. But that's another loser bank story.

Getting back to ALLY BANK, thanks to their extreme help, I closed a money market account that had nearly $100, 000.00, because my money just isn't safe with "ALLY BANK" So now they've got nothing...like me! I asked them WHO THEY'RE GOING TO SEND THE 1099 to...since "someone changed the address to steal the money". Naturally, they said that I'm the "primary" account holder and they will use MY Social Security number (there ought to be a law!). JUST TAKE MY ADVICE AND DON'T DEAL WITH "ALLY BANK"...even if they give you 10x the going interest rate, you'll NEVER SEE THE MONEY. It could just as easily be a thief, I still have NO CONFIRMATION or know what actually happened...and they could care less.

Comments

• Mb
      11th of Aug, 2012

I've been an Ally customer for approximately 4 months.

During that period, my place of employment has attempted to direct deposit my paychecks into Ally, but the deposits were rejected. I then tried to e-check deposit my paychecks...which Ally held for 12 days EACH time before depositing. In the mean time, I had checked and double checked and triple checked that the account information that was being used was correct. Each time I called Ally I was subjected to yammerings about account numbers that I've confirmed and hold times I find excessive, given the fact that it's a salary check for the same amount every two weeks. But, I figured it would all be fine when the direct deposit issue was fixed.

After five attempts, my accounting department said "Good news, your deposit has been accepted!" and I was so happy. But on deposit day, my money wasn't in my account. My pay stub said "This is not a check" and Ally said "We don't know where your money is...but it may take us 24 to 48 (business) hours to research it" On a Friday that means I won't hear from Ally until Tuesday, and if they DO find it, I'm sure they'll come up with a reason to hold it for another 12 days.

The worst part...while speaking with a customer service supervisor (almost as useless as a customer service representative, but with a more authoritative sounding title) she indicated that there was no way to further expedite my resolution, as it was a newly opened issue. WTF? I've been calling over and over for months about the same issue. Maybe it's a bit different than the last eight calls, but it still boils down to the same. little. nugget. My direct deposit isn't being deposited and Ally won't give me my money.

The fee-less accounts, the interest, the convenience, the friendly customer service, the e-check deposit...it all sounds fantastic, but BEWARE. You'll continuously call with the same issues. You'll wait weeks for access to your own money and there is no direct line to the resolution center...leaving you at the mercy of friendly, but relatively helpless customer service reps (and supervisors).

I'll be posting this review on every available site for each waking hour that my funds remain missing in some Ally limbo. At the earliest availability I'll be removing my money and marching it straight toward the teller of a better bank...if there is such a thing.

Wish me luck.