AllurePatch / Unsolicited &Free& Sample Credit Card Charge

1 355 Byrd AvenueNeenah, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-504-8595

This company charged my credit card for a "free" sample of a weight loss patch I never ordered. The charge was $6.95 and I should have canceled my credit card immediately. Instead I tried calling the company (no luck) and my credit card company, which was busy with airline problems. I contacted the Wisconsin Better Business Bureau and they have helped somewhat. The company in Wisconsin is called Thill Logistics. and I think they just process the mailings, the AllurePatch company might be in California, still not sure. Anyway, if you get this $6.95 charge, cancel your card!! Now they've sent me another mailing and charged me $94.50 !! I encourage anyone going through this to contact the Wisconsin BBB (Dayan Diaz was the contact) and also thilllogistics.com (JoAnn Muegge) Good luck and let people know if you get this resolved! I'm worried about identity theft.

Ju

Comments

• Va
      29th of Apr, 2008
    AllurePatch - Unauthorized billing!
    AllurePatch
    355 Byrd Ave
    Neenah
    Wisconsin
    Phone: 866-504-8595
    www.allurepatch.com

Like other people reporting on this site, I received an initial shipment of Allure Patch unrequested via US Mail, mailed from the address given above; I thought it was a free sample and tossed it. But then a few days later, I received a second shipment and a credit card charge for $94.90. The product is manufactured by 'allure PATCH LLC', 1380 Garnet Ave, e520, San Diego, CA 92109, but shipped from Wisconsin. My credit card was charged $94.90 without my authorization.

• Li
      29th of Apr, 2008

I too recieved a "free sample" that charged my cc $6.95. I immediately called the 1-866-504-8595 phone number listed on the packing slip and sat on hold several times throughout the day, each time longer than 20 minutes. After several attempts to resolve the issue and some online research, I called my credit card company and they advised me to cancel my cc so allurepatch would no longer have my number. After sitting on hold for 30 minutes, I finally did get to talk to a rep at allurepatch, who claimed their company has never done this before to which I told them to google allurepatch and the third result listed begins the long list of consumer complaint websites.
    I hope this is useful to any others that have been scammed by this company.

• Ow
      12th of May, 2008

I too received a "FREE" sample from this company. I canceled the card they billed when they sent an actual shipment. I am visiting the logistics company in Neenah tomorrow, perhaps with the police. I've sent information to both the California and Wisconsin Better Business Beaureaus. I doubt the logistics company wishes to be a part of mail fraud and as they sent the product through US MAIL, any crime is a federal offense.

• Ow
      13th of May, 2008

Here is the contact information for the direct mail company that sends out the Allure Patch. Perhaps they would be interested in hearing about the unsavory sales practices of their client. ALLURE also acquired my card information and billed me without my knowledge or consent. Attempts to call Allure have yielded MUZAK, in itself a cruel and unusual form of torture.

Thill Logistics
    35 Wisconsin St.
    P.O. Box 1276 (54903-1276)
    Oshkosh, WI 54902