Allure Occasions / I have never had to deal with such a lack of professionalism, ever!

I was just sent a letter by Allure Occasions with Terms of Agreement for me and my family to sign stating that I will not post anymore statements about them within any media outlets and to remove my current posting from this site.

After doing so I will be refunded my deposit. This letter was obviously not drafted by a lawyer and one should be consulted before this company decides to draw up agreements.

I will not stop telling the truth. I was just contacted by a cable television network to participate on a Wedding show and I will tell all about my wedding planning process. I will not hold back anything or discontinue telling the truth until I receive my deposit. Allure Occasions has my money. It's not their money that I am trying to get from them, they have $750 that belongs to me. This is MY MONEY!

Pam Perez, personally, hasn't made an apology to say that she is sorry for not taking care of what she knew she was supposed to do. All I've gotten is statements to the effect of, I'm sorry you weren't happy. That's an apology?!? Are you kidding? I was the one who lost here. Pam Perez knows what she didn't do and how she canceled appointments constantly. What is amazing is that Allure Occasions accused me of being to busy. This is a joke! I am absolutely furious and I have never had to deal with such a lack of professionalism, EVER!

I will be waiting for my check in the mail until Friday, March 9th.

Please email me if you would like to know anymore information or copies of any letters. Please allow me to talk you out of this mistake before it is made. I am more than willing until I have a check in my hands.

A  1st of Mar, 2007 by
I've gotten many emails from people asking me, WHAT HAPPENED?!? I realized that you couldn't see my original complaint, so here it is: I appreciate your comments, let's spread the word so this doesn't happen to anyone else.
N  1st of Mar, 2007 by

This was the original message:

Pamela Perez from Allure Occasions has completely destroyed the planning of my wedding and taken something that should have been a joyous time and turned it into a disorganized mess. Most people hire wedding planners because their schedules are too busy and hectic. The only task given to Pamela at the start of our planning was to find us a church near to the reception location which was in LA County. Not only did she wait 3 months to do just that but she only brought me to one Lutheran Church (I’m not Lutheran) to pass off as hard work. Instead I watched her sloppily eat a sandwich as she had me call wedding locations THAT I RESEARCHED FOR!!! She is no wedding planner and not even licensed and qualified! She wasted my time and did nothing. She was supposed to have the designer plan out color schemes and cancelled 2 mtgs. to do so. I NEVER SAW ONE DESIGN! My new wedding planner drafted a letter, that I signed, expressing my disgust and demanding my deposit be returned. She stated that my budget analysis (WHICH WAS NEVER RECEIVED) was her business which was not in my package and I didn’t not want her prying in my money business. Her primary concern ( MY budget) was not what I paid her for and she didn’t follow up on my primary concern. I never should have been nice to her, I should have let her know how sloppy and unprofessional she was earlier but she has DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE ANY OF MY DEPOSIT! She is refusing my refund and I will get my money back. She hasn’t heard from me yet, but she will. She cancelled 3 meetings (not even within ample time) and wasted 3 months. I was even given a list of things by her that would be done by NOVEMBER 15th I gave her my availability and she did nothing with it. She should be paying be for the venues I searched out and the church I located and booked. SHE HAD 3 MONTHS and she stated that she searched for 3 weeks. What a snake, thief, and liar. The agreement was signed Aug. 31st, Nov. 20th was the date I began searching for a real wedding planner after she cancelled yet another mtg. with the designer. I would rather settle this matter outside of court.

For Pam: You stated “Even under difficult conditions and circumstances that were caused by your intense schedule, lack of communication, and binding ceremony site criteria we have more than fulfilled our end of this agreement.” This woman is brainless. Most people who hire wedding planners have busy schedules, I have all the copies of email that were far more extensive then those you sent me, I was done with you when you called me the night before to cancel the designers meeting for a second time and I saw no need to speak with you any further, and more ceremony sites might have been available had you started when asked. Not to mention, I was able to locate one in 3 days. And I never said the location had to have a place for a mini punch reception. THAT WAS OPTIONAL. I specified that the location needed to be somewhere between my home and my church where most of my guest live. I never asked to much just for a ceremony location. I found the DJ, I found the photographer, I secured the videographer read the criteria for the Emerald Package your laziness contributed nothing that was asked. I want my deposit.
D  27th of Mar, 2007 by
Pam from Allure Occasions was my wedding planner and she was absolutely wonderful!!! We had the full service package and she went beyond what was required to make sure that we had the perfect wedding. The wedding planning and the wedding day was flawless and all my vendors even raved that Pam and her staff was the best planners that they had ever worked with. She set up all of our appointments with all of our vendors and never cancelled any appointments with us. And the designer was phenomenal. She perfectly captured what we wanted for our wedding and all my guests raved about how beautiful and unique our wedding was. I cannot believe the above poster experience because this is not the experience that I had nor my sister who used Allure Occasions for her wedding had. If you have any questions about my planning experience with Allure Occasions, please feel free to email me.
D  10th of May, 2008 by
I also had Pam as my wedding coordinator, and in my experience she was very professional and my wedding went wonderfully. I never had to worry about a thing.