Allure Furniture Design / Fraud & cheating!

I should have checked with this website! I, too, ordered a bunked from the online store on Aug 2nd. They charged my credit card August 3rd. August 10th I started calling to see what was up. Never a call back. I emailed them and received a email back that was questionable because there was no signature, but they did say with would reimburse me if I wanted to cancel my order. I continue to call and email and have not heard a word.

This should not be allowed to happen!!!

Ka

Comments

Ka
  21st of Aug, 2007

Allure Furniture Designs is a FRAUD and SCAM operation. CAUTION, avoid this company. I placed a furniture order three weeks ago which resulted in a roller coaster ride. This company took my money immediately and promised delivery within 3 work days. I should have suspected fraud when after two days, I called to request a copy of the order and the shipping instructions. I got a voice mail stating no one was available to take my call and a promise to call me back. To-date, I have not received the call back and other attempts to reach them by phone have been unsuccessful. I then sent an email to the website address provided and got a response from the company owner "Debra". We had some email traffic regarding the order in which she made several promises to get a shipping date and send me a copy of the order. After the emails stopped, I decided to research this company on-line and found literally 100 or more complaints for 2007. The complaints mirrored mine (see a few I've provided below).

Poor, August 7, 2007
Reviewer: r.roppe

All I can do is echo all previous complaints. This company should not be allowed to do business on the internet. They are shady if not criminal!!!

August 5, 2007

I ordered two bunk beds based on price (which was good). However, since then, I have left 4 phone messages (they don't have anyone who answers their phones) and two email messages all unanswered. They were very fast in charging my credit card though. The last message I sent I asked that they cancel my order. But that email was returned as well. At this point, I cant recommend this company.

Fair
August 4, 2007

Still waiting on delivery on an order placed at the end of June. Was told delivery would be 2 weeks from order.

August 4, 2007

Just like all the others, I ordered a table and chairs on May 6th. It is now August 4th an NO merchandise! Their phones don't work, mailbox is full, etc. I think this company must be run on a person's cell phone. Finally got an email response that said item would be delivered the next day - but got no response when I emailed back asking for shipping details - that was 5 days ago!. My cc company is checking into it. STAY AWAY FROM THIS MERCHANT. My next call is going to be to the Attorneys General of California and Utah, the BBB, and Yahoo. A reputable company like Yahoo should either not do business with flakes like this or make good on their promises...

August 1, 2007

I am writing to let anyone know that I had ordered chairs from this company. They told me 14 days to get the items. 1 1/2 months later no one has called or said when I will get them. Called so many time and no one calls back. I called my credit card company to get my money back.
Was this review helpful? Yes - No ( Report Problem )

July 31, 2007

This is the Worst of Worst Customer Service I've ever done business with. My order of a Entertainment Center got damaged in process of being delivered. No Phone call to tell me. I had to call several time to find out time of delivery and wrote several email then i get a reply email about my damaged Ent. Center. What a way to do BUSINESS. Still waiting on a phone call and a Refund.I have at this time heard nothing from them. The next step is getting my lawyer involve to recoup my money. Buyer Beware!!!...

July 27, 2007

Allure Furniture Designs is a SCAM. AVOID!! AVOID!! AVOID!! AVOID!! They will take your money, not supply the product and then not refund your money. After a couple weeks of over the phone run around they will stop answering their phones altogether when you call, will not returen voice mail or email. You must got to your credit card company or your bank to get you money refunded. But, you must do this prior to two months of the transaction. You must also report this conduct to Yahoo Buyer Protection prior to 2 months after the transaction. Allure Furniture Designs knows this and will try to stall...

July 23, 2007

Ordered Bunk Bed May 5th. After 2 weeks, it was still not shipped, I was told that there was delay at manufacturer side... I canceled my order. I have not seen the credit on my CC (6 weeks). At the beginning I was able to get someone on the phoe, that was giving me one bad reason after another one to explain me why my credit didn't show up yet. Now it doesn't even answer phone call or email ... I'm pretty sure I'm screwed. STAY AWAY from this company

July 23, 2007

I ordered a pub table and 8 barstools in February 2007 and paid by credit card. They charged the credit card 9 days later for the full amount. They sent the table and 4 barstools in May 2007 and indicated that the stools were back ordered. Despite daily phone calls to this vendor and repeated requests for return phone calls, they have yet to return a call. It's now July 2007. This has not been a positive experience.

I sent an email requesting the order be canceled and the response was a follows:

Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:14:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Allure Furniture Designs" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Cancel Order
To: "

We have received you cancellation request and have canceled your order.
The credit will be issued with in the next 24 hours. It may take 5-6 business days for this to reflect on your account. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any further assistance. Today is the 21st of Aug 2007 and I have yet to see a credit to my account.

Allure Furniture Designs promises to bring to you Designer Furniture at discounted prices. They advertise that they strive to carry only quality products from the best manufacturers. They say that they have been in the furniture business for over twenty years. They claim to pride themselves in their customer service and will personally make sure that every customer is completely satisfied.

They further claim customer service is very important to us, we strive to make sure you are completely satisfied. Read what some of our customers have had to say after receiving their furniture items. We do our best to ensure you have a good shopping experience. Not all customers choose to rate our store, but we appreciate the ones that do for providing us valuable feedback.

Allure Furniture Designs .com
675 S. Arroyo Parkway Suite 500
Pasadena, CA 91105

Phone: 626-431-2545
Toll Free: 866-494-0304

Email: info@allurefurnituredesigns.com

I have written this complaint in hopes that this company will be banned from doing business and to alert potential customers of the FRAUD.

Ro
  24th of Aug, 2007

I am in the same boat as most of the people who submitted comments. I ordered a dining room set on May 2, 2007 and was told I would receive it in 2 to 3 weeks. The company continued to tell me that the warehouse was short staff and they will get the furniture out as soon as possible but they never did. I also asked for a refund and was told that my money would be in my account in 5 to 6 business days. As of today, I still don't have my money back.

I filed a complaint with the BBB but they did not receive a response from the company.

Ja
  24th of Aug, 2007

Before I tell my story, each person that has lost any money to Allure Furniture Design needs to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. This company is breaking Federal Law.
www.ftc.gov/

My wife and I also fell for the cheep prices and the BBB aid that was posted on Allure Furniture Designs web site. We ordered a dresser on May 15, 2007, was charged the full amount which was over $1100.00 and waited for the email that would let us know when our item would be shipped. 4 weeks later I started calling. Each week I was told that the company was behind. After 10 weeks of calling a different female told me on the phone my dresser was being shipped, to expect delivery in 3-5 days. I called 10 days later, was told it was on the way, 5 days later I was told it was in a main trucking terminal and would be delivered the next day. The next day came and went. I started email traffic for proof of communication. My dresser, if you can believe it was in a truck wreck and damaged. I was asked if I wanted to reorder or get a refund. I ask for a refund and got the same email that is posted above. It is now 24 August 2007, no refund and all email traffic has stopped.

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION
www.ftc.gov/

Te
  24th of Aug, 2007

Let's continue to gather as many names as possible. Also, with law enforcement involved, they should be able to pull as many names off their database as possible of those who were victimized. Continue to keep the e-mails pouring to: telishaemerson@yahoo.com. This company must be stopped!

Te
  25th of Aug, 2007

Also complain to http://www.ic3.gov, who is linked to the FBI and National White Collar Crime Center and www.fraud.org and the ftc.gov.

Co
  27th of Aug, 2007

This was a very horrible internet experience for myself. I was told 2-3 weeks and not its almost 3 months. I was given the run around after the 3 weeks have passed. I was told its custom made so it takes about 2 months. Then i was told it was on the way. They next time I was told it was almost done and would be shipped out soon. This one is the worse... I was told they sent it but it returned because it was damaged. What furniture company can't ship items? Its a bar mind you. Nothing but wood and a small mirror. I was like hell i don't need the mirror at the top and don't care if it broke on the way. Still nothing. Now they went from talking to me to avoiding me. I have reported them to everybody possible. Now waiting on my credit card to get involved. My rating on Allure Furniture Designs is below failure. Now i have a function with an space i measure out perfectly for the bar. I learned a lesson... I will check out the next company that i haven't heard of. Thats for sure.

Pissed off Corinne.

Co
  20th of Sep, 2007
Allure Furniture Design - Fraud and cheating!

Looks like we all got taken by this company. I placed an order June 25, 2007 ,and like the rest, they billed my card within two days. The item was listed to ship within 2-3 days. I too was unable to reach anyone by phone, which is now out of service and the other mailbox full. I did get a few emails from "Tania" saying a delay from the warehouse was the cause. She gave me two new dates of expected arrival at their location. I'm glad it was only $40, but it is still irritating. Steer clear!

Vi
  22nd of Sep, 2007

The FTC needs to prosecute Allure Furniture for fraud with the maximum fines, prison and whatever else against these people. They have stolen money from innocent consumers. I was taken for $1227.00 from a hutch I ordered. They lied about shipping and delivery dates. They failed to return phone calls and answer emails. They promised a credit; it never happened. I am outraged that my Visa has had to absorb the loss because of the criminal actions of this company. They charged me when I ordered, not when the hutch was shipped....against the FTC laws. These people running Allure should be thrown in jail with the keys thrown away!!

Je
  26th of Sep, 2007

I too was taken by the company in question, Allure Furniture Designs. I ordered a monster loft bed on august 1st 2007 and was charged $500+ for the bed within 24 hrs it went thru my bank and i have seen nothing since then, no emails, phone calls, or reply at all.

Ma
  28th of Sep, 2007

I, like all the others was cheated by Allure Furniture. I purchased barstools, actually received them but had to return 3 of the 4. I was assured I would receive a credit for the returned furniture within a week...that was about a month ago...Emails have not been answered and their telephone is not in service. What can be done at this point? A class action suit....the California Attorney General's Office...I don't know what to do next. Any advice is welcome.

Ba
  16th of Oct, 2007

Same as all the others. Why are they allowed to continue to have a robust advertising on the internet when they are committing internet fraud and theft by conversion???

Ja
  19th of Mar, 2008

WOW I almost ordered a $5500. bedroomset I am so glad I saw this!

All I can say is thank you for posting this...

Janet N

Re
  3rd of Feb, 2010

The only way to make Clark pay is to take her to small claims court. I petitioned the registrar-recorder/county clerk in Los Angeles for her business records 12400 Imperial Hwy/PO Box 1024, Norwalk, CA 90651-1024 and this is what I found:

Recorded 8:21 AM Feb 04 2004 filing Stamp # 04 0254310 Debra A. Taylor of 21025 Lassen #203 of Chatsworth CA 91311 (First Filing) for Allure Furniture Designs. Articles of INcorporation # C2603943. Street address 21025 Lassen #203 Chatsworth, CA 91311. The Name they incorporated under is Horizon Furniture Inc. 21025 Lassen #203 Chatsworth, CA 91311.

Recorded 10:21am Nov 4 2004 # 04 2862462 Gregory Clark 21025 Lassen #203 Chatsworth CA 91311 First Filing for Allure Furniture 21025 Lassen #203 Chatsworth CA 91311 This business is conducted as an individual. Business commenced on 11/3/04

Recorded 8:01am April 18 2006 # 06 0845436 Filed to reflect NEW address Allure Furniture Designs c/o Horizon Furniture Inc Debra A. Taylor 675 S. Arroyo Pkwy STE500, Pasadena, CA 91105-3215 First Filing Articles of Incorporation # C2603943. Residence address 21025 Lassen #203 Chatsworth CA 91311. This business is conducted as a corporation and commenced business on 2/4/04.

Recorded 8:01am 11/21/06 # 06 2585914 Allure Furniture c/o Gregory Clark 675 S Arroyo Pkwy STE 500 Pasadena, CA 91105-3215 First Filing filed under Gregory Clark 131 E. Holly St #208 Pasadena, CA 91103 as an individual. Business commenced 11/4/04.

Recorded 1:44pm 2/6/08 # 20080224490 Mailing Address Debra A. Clark PO Box 50193 Pasadena, CA 91115 Original filing: Furniture and Accents .com 131 E. Holly St. #110 Pasadena, CA 91103 Filed as an individual.

Also sent was a page of addresses:

Notices sent to the Landlord shall be addressed to ARGC Partners, a California general partnership and Waltco, LLC a California limited liability company c/o Charles Dunn Company 800 West 6th Street 6th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017 Attention Eileen Coen 213 683 0500 Fax 213 683 1511

if a notice is given to the TENANT it shall be addressed as follows:
Horizon Furniture, Inc. dba Allure Furniture Design 675 S. Arroyo Parkway, Suite 500 Pasadena, CA 91105 Attention Greg Clark 626 431 2545 Fax: 626 405-1036

If anyone lives in California and proceeds with court claims please let us know how you did. This will help the rest of us initiate our claims against them.

Thank you, Cris at bigred75@aol.com

Re
  7th of Feb, 2010

Although I do NOT expect that Debra Clark will participate in any VOLUNTARY mediation, it will help establish that pattern of fraud the law enforcement officials keep speaking about. It will also provide another show of bad faith on her part when I take her to court. I will keep you all informed. I hope you will take this link and fill out the forms and send them in.
If you have had any luck please let me know. Thanks!
Cris
bigred75@aol.com

Ms. B:

If you are interested in mediating this dispute please download our Mediation Request Form here: http://dca.lacounty.gov/Forms/disputeform.pdf. Send the completed Mediation Request Form and copies of any documents you have to prove your claim to:

County of Los Angeles Department of Consumer Affairs
500 W. Temple St., Room B-96
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Attn: Mediation Unit

I hope we can help you resolve your dispute. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us at (800) 593-8222 (within Los Angeles County), or (213) 974-1452.

Adriana Gallegos