Alltel Wireless / alltel wireless is robbing their customers

I have been an alltel customer since 2017 around the 1st of January 2017. We made a trip from South Georgia to Mass. and back (round trip) my billing cycle ended on the 14th and to my shock as i opened my bill and i was charged over 500.00 in roaming charges but i was suppose to be on the national freedom plan where roaming is suppose to be free on that plan so I call alltel with my complaint and i was told they would make the changes to my account and check on the roaming charges so i give it a couple of weeks an called back just to be told that all the roaming calls we made not one hit an alltel tower and there not covered if your call hit someone else's tower you have to pay for those it's only free roaming if you hit an alltel tower. I guess they forgot to tell me that part. So i paid more money for more services for my phone at no extra charge. So i ask the supervisor at alltel customer service did she real want me to believe that not one out of all the calls we made and received on these phones used for our business not one of our calls hit an alltel tower. I told her to come on she wouldn't believe that her self if it was her hard earned money that was footing the bill. So the end result was i say i call in to report being over charge on my bill and when i was finished with my complaint. Alltel came out on top and ended up coasting me more money than it did before i called because they change my bill to what i was supposed to have which cost more money but my free roaming didn't apply because i didn't know a little light on my phone will flash when i have an alltel tower valuable information that i never got told. Then in December 2017 i went into our local radio shack where they setup alltel wireless accounts and in January 2017 we also add two more phones to our account under 2year contracts where in December 2017 i went into radio shack and ask to have them disconnected and was told it was a 200.00 early disconnected fee and told the lady at the counter that it was costing me more than 150.00 a month phone bill on those two phones with no one using them told them would rather pay the 200.00 disconnect charge than keep paying 150.00 per month then I'm told on my second trip back next month to ask again to have those phones turned off then told it's 200.00 per phone which is 400.00 and i agree and tell them to switch the two phones off at radio shack and i saw them call alltel and ask for the request and still March's bill came in and guess what again charged for those phones so i call alltel about the charges with tax and all and no activate one phone was $76.26 and the other was $67.26 which is $146.52 per month bringing the total over charged $439.56 so they tell me there going to give credit for the $49.99 they charged me per phone per month which comes to a total of $299.98 so i ask about the other charges so then she gives me credit for $80.89 and $6.90 so that brought my total credit to $392.69 and I'm still owed 46.93 once again alltel came out on top. And if this wasn't bad enough this is really going to knock you down I was talking with a friend of mine my cell phone bill and when i telling her about how many phones we had and what it was costing us she ask if she could see my bill because she though we where being over charged so i did and she went to saying oh my god oh my god she ask me why where we all up under separate contracts i said were not and she says your husband has 4000 peak min's and pays $149.99 and everyone else is paying $49.99 per month and they get a thousand peak min.'s per phone which brings the total min.'s to 8000 min.'s per month at the cost of $349.95 plus tax then don't forget mr. rescue is $3.00 per month per phone that i never ask for but if you don't call them and tell them to take it off your bill you keep paying for it. And if you are a BIG traveler save your self the money. Then i was hit with the shock of you'll don't have the family plan and i said yes we do and she said no you don't either because the family plan is 9.99 per month per phone and we would all share the 4000 min.'s on my husbands contract and we all where only using around 3000 peak min.'s which is 1000 below my peak min.'s At $149.99 plus 4 phones @ 9.99 which is a total of 189.95 plus tax so i paid $160.00 more every month $1920.00 per year over 4 years $7680.00 so i go to radio shack and they said I needed to call alltel because they couldn't do anything with them. So i did and as the young lady answered the phone i just didn't know quite where to start but that i needed someone to lesson to my concerns and to try and put them self in my place putting alltel aside just one person talking to another person and give me there honest opinion on my situation and she did she told me I had a real mess and she told me if she was me she would try and talk with a supervisor but i could tell in her voice that it would have to be a act of god to get a good turn out so i explained all to the supervisor and you'll never guess what she said after I tell her everything I'm SORRY alltel has robbed me of $9,396.93 that i know of and have found so far. She said i should have noticed my bill better and i told her that i had trusted alltel to take care of there customers as we would take care of ours they say alltel don't stack contracts well i beg to differ i even told the lady that she had my phones cut off for non payment and i have done nothing but stay on the phone with alltel trying to get them to understand they have robbed me of almost $10,000.00 dollars and she informed me they needed 1300 and something dollars to restore service so i answer her in a way to let her know she's lost her mind if she thinks I'm paying alltel anymore of my thousands hard earned money i even told her alltel didn't need my money just to meet me half way that heck i meet them over half way i even suggested wipe the slate clean and start over alltel would still come out on top but i got nothing now you see how much alltel appreciated my business and they appreciate your's just as much as mine i believe somebody has alltel get to big for there britches. My closing comment to this supervisor was did she know how may people my 500.00 in roaming charges could have helped not to count all the rest i paid alltel and i told the lady did she even have a clue how many family's i could have helped with the money they over charged me. And i left her with this If this was a test she failed and god bless her.

Comments

• Vi
      15th of Jan, 2007
    Alltel Wireless - Personal threats

Dear Complaint Department:

I have been receiving multiple threats regarding my personal safety from one of your wireless subscribers. They are coming to me in the form of text messages. I am in fear for my health and well being and would like to know the process to get this person to stop sending me these messages and not bother me again. My name is Victoria G Roose, my phone number that he is sending the text messages to is 727-460-8654, His name is Mitchell Fisher from 813-493-0967.

He is sending the messages to my business and home. I am in fear for my life and need help to resolve this problem. Please feel free to check out the information I have sent to you. I am in touch with law enforcement but need to know the process on your end in order to take further legal action.

Please feel free to contact me at any time

Sincerely,
    Vickie Roose

• 11
      9th of Apr, 2007

You gave your number out on a website???

• Ro
      23rd of Aug, 2007

Hey hillbilly - learn to use full sentences and paragraphs. I think you should leave the cell phones alone and take an English class.

• Li
      18th of Sep, 2007

I DO NOT APPRECIATE THE ATTITUDE OF ROSIM. IF SHE REALLY HAS ANY UNDERSTANDING OF PEOPLE, THEN INSTEAD OF CALLING THE COMPLAINTEMT A HILLBILLY, AND SAYING HE SHOULD FORGET THE CELLPHONE AND SPEND HIS MONEY ON AN ENGLISH COURSE, BECAUSE HE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO CONPLETE A SENTANCE, AS I HAVE PROBLEY MISSPLEDED SOME WORDS, THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME A HILLBILLY. MRS SPARTY BRITCHES. I AM A HILLBILLY AND I HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE AND SCHOOLING, TO BE WHAT I AM AND WHO I AM. DID YOU EVER TAKE THE TIME TO REALLY KNOW WHO YOU ARE, AND WHAT YOU ARE???? IN MY OPINION ALLTELL DOES DO PEOPLE WRONG, THEY WERE THAT WAY WITH MY DAUGHTER. DID YOU EVER TAKE TIME TO LOOK AT MONEY THIS MAN WAS OVERCHARGED? DID YOU SEE THAT HE MADE A VERY UNSELFISH REMARK. "DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE I COULD HAVE HELPED WITH THE MONEY ALLTELL OVER CHARGED HIM." NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO PUT SOMEBODY DOWN, STOP,THINK,AND CONSIDER THE GOOD IN SOMEONE. THIS PERSON IS GOOD AT HEART. YOU TRY IT. GOD BLESS YOU COMPLAINTENT, YOU ARE RIGHT. YOU ARE NOT JUST SOME HILLYBILLY WITH OUT KNOWLEDGE. JUST BECAUSE YOU DID NOT USE THE WORDS AND DID NOT CONPLETE SENTICES, WHICH I DID NOT SEE IN YOUR CONPLAINT. THE ONLY THING I SAW WAS LOWERECASE WORDS YOU USED. ALL OF MINE ARE UPPERCASE. SO I GUESS WE ARE JUST TWO OLD HILLIBILLYS AND PROUD OF IT. HA HA GOOD BY FOR NOW. LINDA FROM THE HILLS OF TN.

• Sc
      5th of Nov, 2007

Although my story isn't as bad as the original, I too have been thoroughly raped in the financial butt by Alltel. After months of terrible service, I finally canceled my contract paying the $200 to get out, they then raked me over the coals for another $100 in charges. I don't want to get into details because I'll get angry and have to go drink. Suffice to say I cursed and cried, begged and lied to try and get my money back. To no avail. I then decided to start the Allhell campaign. They are demons disguised as a "friendly" cellphone company. Feel free to use the image that I painstakingly created with photoshop, and spread the news that Alltel is the devil incarnate (AKA Chad = Antichrist).

• Li
      20th of Nov, 2007

I contacted customer service and requested time to pay my bill. They gave me until November 16th at which time I went online and paid the bill. When I made the payment there was no indication that a debit for the same amount had already been charged to my account.

On November 19th when I checked my bank records I saw 2 debits: one for the amount I paid online and one that was drafted from my account. When I called to ask that one of the debits be credited back to my account they said it would take a few days. They said that would have to review tapes to see if I had authorized them to debit the account. I told them that it was my understanding that they were giving me until the 16th to pay, not that my account would automatically be debited.

They then said that if it were their error they would credit my account in a few days. But if it was "customer error" they couldn't help me. The fact that they got their money as promised flew right over their heads.

ALLTEL is a classless company run by classless people. And that’s putting it ever so mildly!!!

• Do
      4th of Dec, 2007

Sat. Dec. 1 I called #729 to obtain the new balance on my account; ideally, it should be about $47.00; instead, it was a whopping $500.++, and I called Customer Care for an explanation on the inflated amount. Guess what? It was the minutes used for the Axcess Web. But wait - I had planned on my plan minutes being used for the Web, but "Danielle" said the only way to avoid the per-minute charge is to pay the extra $10.00 per month for unlimited data minutes. She confirmed my sudden belief, the calling plan minutes can NOT be used for data minutes on the Web, and given Alltel's advertised message to "Take the head-to-head challenge..." against At&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. In my opinion, when it comes to the mobile web, Alltel has flunked the test by a wide margin, and I intend to advise the corporate officials accordingly. Good thing I haven't signed up for any automatic drafts on my credit cards or checking accounts.

28th of Dec, 2007

I live in Thomasville, NC and have been with alltel since 1996. I recently moved approximately 3 miles from my original location. I cannot receive service at my present location. Unfortunately I had up-graded my original 2 phones with newer models 9 months ago. Complaints about reception were null and void responses. I can go 1/8 mile in any direction and get reception. I was extreamly up-set when a contract fee of $400 was applied for early termination but to no avail. It seems that I have paid for services I would never receive. Isn't that robbery??

• Du
      18th of Mar, 2008

Alltell Sucks! they sold me a data card that was suoopsed to work wherever I went. I moved 270 miles north (to a more metro area) and it dosn't work. they insist they will charge me 200.00 to end the contract on a service that never worked correctly from the get go. CRIMINALS! and they need to be put out of business. I have been an alltel costomer for 5 yrs and they have now shown me what criminals they really are. SHUT THEM DOWN!!! ###.

• Jl
      17th of Apr, 2008

Alltel is the worst cell phone company i have had the misfortune of dealing with. I used the pre pay plan because i dont like being locked into a contract with no real way to get out of it should there be a problem. I moved from one state to another and all i wanted to do was change my location and number so i wouldnt be in a constant roam zone. You would think i was attempting to steal one of their children the customer service was rude and useless. When i attempted to reach a manager i was told the manager would not talk to me or take my complaint about the call center problems. After a great deal of searching i finally managed to get a hold of corprate headquarters and did get someone to listen. They are very fast to say they are sorry but they really dont care about customer service or they would make it easier for us to complain so they could address these concerns and actually do something to improve their services. My opinion do not get involved with this company do not enter into a contract with them. When i googled them i was amazed how many complaints were posted just about their customer service. I was also amazed that they were ordered by court to re train their staff at call centers to provide better service. I wonder if that judge is watching to see if his order was followed because it doesnt appear to be.

• Ro
      13th of Jun, 2008

Incident
    I started service with Alltel on January 30th 2017 and canceled service on February 2nd, 2017. All equipment was returned to the Metro Center location in Phoenix on January 3rd, 2017. After calling Alltel to let them know that I had returned the equipment to the store, they informed me that I have an outstanding bill of $133.31 and that they do not pro-rate and all fees must be paid. I was taken aback by the raised hair on my head! I said I was only with Alltel for 3 days and made TWO phone calls within the My Circle calling plan (which are FREE) and simply started their service so I could tether my laptop to my phone, but the woman who sold me the phone and tethering kit did not realize that the phone she sold me was NOT able to tether. The tethering kit she sent me was for the same BRAND of phone but for a different model of phone. I told them I only made two calls on the My Circle plan and all they told me is they do not pro-rate and I owe all fees billed. I started the $59 a month plan, so I am very confused in how my bill reached $133.31 in 3 days. They could never explain this to me and when I would ask, they would simply tell me to hold and they would transfer me. I think they do this on purpose to make you give up after several transfers. Alltel is a BIG scam company and I have found MANY complaints online and new ones documented every time I check. This has now gone too far as my bill is up to $150 with interest reoccurring monthly. I have contacted an attorney which in turn sent them a letter demanding they clear all said charges. They never responded. I then sent a letter to the Attorney General and their response was I need to provide receipts for the equipment being dropped off at the said store and documentation of time of activation and termination. They will then re-evaluate and provide a resolution. I say... YAH RIGHT ALLTEL!! this is simply one of your tactics to delay the issue and run my charges up even higher. I am still waiting for the FCC's response to my complaint I submitted. I am also going to file complaints on every site possible! It really is sad to have to deal with such rip-off companies. They take advantage of the people and I'm sure, end up winning in most cases and the people who can fight their way through and win... it's no big deal to Alltel because they already screwed MANY others and won.

Damage Resulting
    I am now being charged reoccurring interest every single month. They seem to have NO intention of resolving this manner in a fair way.

• Va
      21st of Oct, 2008
    Alltel Wireless - Scam and stealing
    Alltel Wireless
    P.O. Box 8004
    Little Rock
    Arkansas
    alltel.com

Alltel is unwilling to help put a stop to identity theft. It seems as if it is a common practice for criminals to use your stolen credit and bank card information to replenish prepaid Alltel accounts. This happened to my husband after he used his card at an Outback restaurant in our area. He phoned the Alltel customer service number and the rep confirmed that the card was used with their company, but he would need to take that up with his bank. While reporting the incident to the bank the teller told him that this was an ongoing problem with Alltel. She said she has personally spoken with Alltel representatives, and they feel as if it is not their problem. How is the bank or the consumer going to stop this action if Alltel will not cooperate and disclose the information on the crooks that are doing this. I am currently an Alltel customer and it is really disheartening to know that I am affiliated with a company that sides with the thieves.

• Re
      1st of Mar, 2009
    Alltel Wireless - Over charging and bogus charges
    Alltel Wireless
    WinstonSalem
    North Carolina

I signed a contract with Alltel for my Son and Daughter-in-law to have cell phone service with Alltel several years ago. The problems started when Alltel started over charging on their statements. Alltel had added bogus charges to their bill that they had no idea what these charges were for. Their phone bill went over 600.00 dollars in September 2017. When I called and asked what these charges were for, Alltel could not tell me anything. Just that the charges were theirs and they had to be paid. I asked Alltel to put a hold on their bill until they could get it paid down some, , the lady from Alltel told me that they would do that. I asked the Alltel representative if any more charges would be added to their account and she told me no more charges would be added. Well, , , in November 2017, my Son's Alltel bill had went up over 1100.00 dollars, even though Alltel had disconnected my Son's cell phone service in September 2017. When I called to try to resolve this mess, I was asking questions about my cell phone account and the Lady from Alltel hung up on me, so I called back and ended up talking to 3 people from Alltel and none of them wanted to talk to me about the account or answer any of my questions. Alltel service representatives acted as if they did not know anything about the cell phone service. Alltel had turned the account over to several collection agencies in November 2017, even though my Son was paying a monthly payment to them all along. My Son was getting 2 seperate bills from 2 different collection agencies and a bill from Alltel every month. He had no idea which one of these companies he should be paying, so he kept sending Alltel payments each month to Alltel. I called Alltel and asked them where the money was going that my Son had been paying and Alltel said they did not know.. So I called the collection agency that had been harassing me and I paid the bill to get those people off of my back. I would suggest that people should stay away from Alltel, because they will definitely over charge you and there is nothing you can do, but pay the bill. I still don't know where my Son's payments to Alltel went. I can only assume Alltel was putting the money in their pockets and not adding the payments to my cell phone account.

• St
      13th of Sep, 2009

I let my daughter use my credit card to put $100 on her account which as about $80 past due and a new billing cycle put the entire amount due at $160. For the next two months Alltel billed $280 every two weeks to my credit card. I called first to them and they assured me they would no longer bill my checking account and couldn't explain what the charges were for. The next month I had to jump through hoops to get my credit card company to refuse charges from Alltel. I never received any satisfaction of the problem from Alltel.

Then in July 2017 I gave my other daughter a check to pay her bill at the local office. They have now decided they can deduct her bill from my checking account without any authorization. I have stopped all payments to Alltel from my checking. My bank recommended I pursue them for fraud and I agree.