Alltel Corp. / totally unacceptable customer service

Alltel Corp.
I have been a customer of Alltel Wireless beginning in late 2000 under the Cellular One Co, which was taken over by Alltel. They have now been taken over by Verizon. Through my entire history with the company, I have never been late with a payment as it was set up from the beginning as an auto pay account. I have stuck to my plan minutes and never had over charges or complaints. In short, I have been an easy customer to have on their list. In late March, 2009, the company texted me that my plan minutes had been way overused. They then called me offering a larger plan. On explaining to first one person on the phone then another, I went to the local office to straighten out the problem. March 20, 2009, I dealt with an associate at the local store who added a supplemental plan, at a cost, to my bill to handle overused data minutes and told me he couldn't do anything else until I had my bill. I never received a bill. April 17, they charged my account $392 more than my usual bill. I went back to the local office and was told there wasn't a supervisor present, the associate couldn't do anything but issue a credit which would take several days to weeks to reach me. I don't know about you but I don't have that kind of money just laying around. I have talked to several people at the local office and by phone and have received nothing but run-around from all of them. A wireless company set up to take money from my account wirelessly will snail mail a refund when they get around to tending to that minor detail! Needless to say, I am not a satisfied customer nor will I be a customer one minute after my "contract" finishes. I wanted to send an email to the company about this treatment and what I intend to do. Lo and behold, there is no such thing as contact information on their website. When the "Contact Us" button is clicked, you are routed to a log-in screen. OK fine, I logged in again and clicked the contact button again. Guess what, I was routed to the log-in screen. Totally unacceptable customer service!

A  14th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I “had” been a customer since 1996. Just last month I paid the early termination just to wash my hands of these crooks. Starting with non-existent rebates, lies and deception; the final straw was the “smart phone” they sold me did not work. Alltel’s solution was to periodically remove and replace the battery and would NOT exchange the phone as “there was no problem and was considered normal.” After 60 days the phone died completely. Alltel informed me that I would have to purchase another phone at full price. I had insurance from day one on my account and when I wanted to use it to replace the phone I was informed “under Verizon’s new policy” I could not use my insurance as it was a known manufacturer defect. Basically I was SOL and customer service was down-right rude about the entire situation. Weighing the cost of over $250 to replace the phone vs $200 to terminate, I went to AT&T and washed my hands of these criminals. I suggest you contact the “Stock Holders” of Verizon via the boards (VZ). There is no customer service and those who are investing need to know the dirty tactics of this company.

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications