Alltel / payment authorization problem

I had gotten a plan with Alltel that included 2 phones. I knew I wasn't going to use both so I let my friend use one. I had my phone suspended that same month and let her know that she would have to make the payments. So, back in November I got a notice that the account was delinquent and about to go to a credit collector. So I set up payments with the Financial department to have the $603 bill paid off by Jan 17, 2007. I was told that the account could only be paid in cash. I put a security code on the account, took her name off and made her unauthorized to do any thing with the account.December comes around and I find out that someone has made a payment on the account and they don't know who it was or what they paid with. Beginning of January I get a bill saying that I owe them $952. I call them and no one is able to tell me any thing or who authorized for the phone to be turned back on. Customer service said that when the account is suspended and the amount is paid in full the system automatically turns it back on. They even let the girl put a new phone on the account. I would have had better luck letting it go to a credit collector and setting up payment arrangements. Alltel says any one can pay your bill. So if someone feels like adding countless numbers of bad check fees onto your account they can.

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2007

I have had nothing but problems with Alltel after they bought the local cell phone company in southern Illinois. First of all they lost my first payment to them during the buyout. That should have been a clue to go else where. But didn't. Then I bought my niece a cell phone and they had a deal going on..1000 minutes for 39.99. The constantly got everything wrong..that I was the person paying..they would not let me authorize anything later on when my name was on the bill..

Then in March of this year I switched plans. For almost 2 months now I have been fighting with them. They have everything wrong..and now they suddenly switched my niece's plan from 1000 minutes to 500,,after I signed a contract for 1000.

Now everything is screwed up. I have talked to many many people at customer service with no resolution. It is important that I have a cell phone as I am on a ventilator 24/7.

I am so fed up with this company.

Don't do business with them.

• Ho
      9th of Oct, 2007

Can't get email.

• Ho
      9th of Oct, 2007

Help, few weeks ago it took so long it depleted 10$ from my account. Also had I known it cost me to do survey on store I wouldn't have.

• Br
      14th of Apr, 2008

I checked my bill on the phone today and it says it was 420 dollars. My bill has never been that high so i called to ask why. The only explanation was I had been using the internet on my phone alot but guess what according to my phone I DONT HAVE INTERNET!!! It ask me to do a one day pass which is like 5.99 i think. The woman at Customer Service said i did it and i never did but still how is that going to run my bill up to 420 dollars. GOOD QUESTION HUH. But after she said i bought a one day pass then she says i have unlimited internet because i have unlimited text messaging. What kind of sence does that make??? Then what beats it all is if i had unlimited internet (which i dont cause i dont have internet period) How could my bill go up cause its unlimited?? She says its cause it would take it away from your minute plan. Ok so how is that actually unlimited??? Your guess is probably as good as mine. It doesnt make any sence at all. All it is is a big scam. They think people out here in the world cant figure out what kind of a business they are running. Thats why everybody i know is going to Cricket now. The customer service people just kept trying to find a reason for why it was so high but never could find a good one. She just wanted to keep blaming it on some internet that I DONT HAVE!!! Please if you dont have service with them already chose someone else cause they are no good.

• Ar
      9th of Aug, 2008

You should learn to ask your Alltel rep. about the All Axcess Pack. You do have internet, and you might have accidently hit it. Now, even though you have unlimited internet (which means unlimited data) you do get charged if you go over the minutes of your plan.

In simple explanation. If you have 500 minutes, and you talk 50 minutes a month, you have 450 minutes of internet. If you go over the 450 minutes and it doesn't fall into your nights and weekends. You pay $0.40. Again, talk to your reps about it and learn what you are getting into. It even explains it on the website.