AllState Financial Group / Do not fall for this scam!

ALERT: do not fall for this, I want to get the word out, my husband thought they were legit, he faxed some info to them, thank GOODNESS he did not give them money. My "spidey sense" starting tingling so I did some research and this is the same group that did business in New Jersey and Washington, along with a bunch of other places. The BBB has tried to contact this company in the past to no avail. i found that the website that was emailed to us was exactly the same as the listings with other physical addresses on the BBB site. PS: the address they sent us is not found on the Canadian post site. I do believe the postal code is bogus as well (along with their 888 number).

I have email with ALL HEADERS, their email comes to you from an email marketing service called CONSTANT CONTACT.
Here is the original email: (my suspicion was raised when i realized they cannot spell + they say "valued customer" instead of your last name. )

*************************************************************

Dear Valued Customer,

This letter is to inform you that your application you submitted has been assign to one of our financial Consultant Ryan Atlas. We have carefully reviewed your file and it's with great pleasure to let you know that you have been Pre-approved for the loan you have applied for online.

My name is Ryan Atlas I would like to hear from you as soon as possible so that I can process your application and discuss further details about your loan. You can visit us at our website www.allsfg.com or contact me by email jmyers AT secondchancegrp.com or by calling me on my direct line at [protected] ext. 801 or fax at [protected].We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Va

Comments

• Gl
      7th of Nov, 2007

I am glad that I read the posting by Sara. I came across the website for the Allstate financial group. I was a little skeptical about the group and searched the internet for more information on them.

I received a pre-approval letter that referred to me as a "Valued Customer". I thought that was bizarre as well! The hours they work seemed weird to me. I called and spoke with a representative just to see what they would say. After each question, there was a long pause before responding as if he had to think about the question. He was only interested in starting the process and receiving my information. Also, what loan company prefers to wire the money via direct deposit opposed to mailing a check?

Thanks Sara!!!

19th of Nov, 2007

It must have been the grace of God that I fell upon this website and read Sara's message. I did the same thing, stumbled across this Allstate Financial Group. I received my pre-approval notification. I checked them against the BBB and they are no where to be found. I thought about Sara's response and everything was the same, misspelled words, the reference they used and even the website they gave me was different. When you clicked it, it took you to another company's website altogether. I thank God for you Sara and the more people we could let know about these people the better. As soon as I tried to ask further questions they kept telling me that I need to send in the required information and someone would be calling me. They told me that they are registered with the BBB and that is a flat out lie.

• Un
      20th of Nov, 2007

This is a big scam if you go the bbb and put in second chance finance you will find them. There address you to be 50 wellington ave in richamond hill Canada. I fell for this and I am out a lot of money. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

• Ta
      20th of Nov, 2007

I have done some research on this financial group as well. I chose not to send any money. My loan was processed correctly and timely. I now have the opportunity to clear up my bills and start to re-build my financial stability. I received my email through Ryan Atlas as well. My experience with this company has been a good one so far.

27th of Nov, 2007

I fell for the scam! Hook line and sinker. We got the letter listed above, we sent the 1000.00 for a "security blanket" and was promised the loan to be transfered with in 24 hour; of course it was not. We have been rudely hung up on, can't get anyone and been told that we have to send another 650.00 before we get the loan. My husband is at risk of loosing his job because we borrowed from his boss to get the funds for the "security blanket". To anyone who reads this"DON'T DO IT!!!!!!" To the person who had good customer service, tell me how you got it, please...
    If I do not get the loan transfered today I am contacting the authorities, an attorney and some friends who live in the area. BY THE WAY, Legislation just passed to regulate and the ability to have recourse on people who do this.

They will pay!!!!

27th of Nov, 2007

If you would like to report this company contact the OPP in Canada via email or phone :
    1888-310-1122
    or go to
    at the bottom is an email form that you can fill out to be contacted.
    When I contacted the DA's office in my local area they said to get an attorney and to call the Canadian police.

27th of Nov, 2007

I'm surprised at the things I am reading. I dealt with the Allstate financial group - Mr. Atlas in particular. He requested my information through fax at 1-888-212-8389. I was approved and I received my loan just 4 days later. Double check that it is Allstate Financial Group, and not another group listing their name.

• Br
      28th of Nov, 2007

Second chance group is a BIG SCAM!!! Sent my money to the second chance group and I never heard from them again!!! Was very skeptical when advancing with the Allstate group. The service was completely different, and I was actually not bothered or concerned when I sent my insurance payment. After three days I was growing weary, as of first thing the next morning my money was in my bank account. I was sure I was a hit and run again - I already received my package and sent it back to them. I'd like to thank them for helping me out when no one else would!!!

• Sc
      28th of Nov, 2007

I fell for it. I'm out $1000. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM. WATCH OUT FOR KURSTIN COOPER. The number I was calling was the 888-212-8389. I sent my Money Gram to a LISA BANET in MARKHAM, ONTARIO in CANADA. I wish I saw this posting before I was suckered into this. MAY THESE SCAMMERS GET WHAT'S COMING TO THEM!

28th of Nov, 2007

This company is fake. They are professional scam artists and I hope they will be taken down asap. They scammed someone I know out of $1000.00 and they were asking for more. You heartless sons-a-###. How the hell do you people sleep at night? Do you know where you're going for scamming these innocent people out of their hard earned money?!?!?! You better hope that I never find you people because when I do I'm gonna sew your ### to your face!! Allfsg, you're going down. I'm going straight to the Canadian police and the FBI.

28th of Nov, 2007

Trying to get a loan for a long time now. Certain things wouldn't approve me for a loan with other companies. This one approved my application and I dealt directly with Mr. Ryan Atlas, and then again with Mr. David. An error had occurred on my file but they still were able to fix it and send me my cheque through fed ex. The process only took a few days all in all.

• Na
      28th of Nov, 2007

I RECEIVED MY LOAN WITHIN 72 HOURS OF EMAILING MY INFORMATION - DON'T' KNOW WHO RIPPED YOU ALL OFF BUT ALLSTATE FINANCIAL GAVE ME MY LOAN OF $20 000.00 NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.

28th of Nov, 2007

All these people that are saying they got their loan are probably ALLFSG employees. FAKE, FAKE, FAKE. These people are scam artists. Don't believe them! Save your hard earned money!

28th of Nov, 2007

I just called the contact number on ALLFSG.COM and it's already magically disconnected! If that's not a red flag, what is??? This is a scam. DON'T BELIEVE THEM!

28th of Nov, 2007

i decided to send my money to this company. they set up everything and completed it for me. not sure if stories are related but they did provide my loan for me. i hope these are different companies we are talking about

• Xi
      28th of Nov, 2007

Hi there, I have been reading these posts from the beginning and am having a hard time believing this. I recently signed my contract with ALLSFG and didn't even take a week for the process to go through. I got my loan last friday. I also got the package that they sent me just yesterday. As far as I know this is a real company, otherwise I would be up to my neck in debt.

28th of Nov, 2007

ALLSFG = ALL State Finacial Group In Canada IS A SCAM!!!!!
    If you got your money from ALLSTATE it was probably "the good hands people" NOT this one in Canada.
    I have checked with my friend at ALLSTATE "the good hands people" and theyare NOT associated at all.

PLEASE BE WARE!!!!! We borrowed money from my husbands boss for the "security deposit" and because it's been almost 3 weeks and no contact FROM ALLSFG( I have to contact them), NO Money, NO help, they only want more money from us and they won't even give me a refund. My hubby is at risk of losing his job and we are going to lose our house and we will not have a Christmas for our children. I agree with Be Ware My Wrath, HOW DO YOU PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT???? Knowingyou are STEALING from inoccent trusting people?

I contacted the police and I have contacted an attorney, they WILL pay!

FYI if you look up the address from one of thier contracts on Google maps, go to satelite and see that this is a residential area, not a business area. Kinda makes you wonder... huh...
    DON'T SEND THEM MONEY!!!

• Ha
      29th of Nov, 2007

This company out of Ontario Canada gave me my loan after I sent my payment of 1385.00. I am now awaiting my delivery for them to refund my receipts. I do not agree with the postings above and am sure someone scammed you. The allstate group out of Ontario legitimately gave me my money.

• Al
      30th of Nov, 2007

My wife had just gotten out of the hospital and we are behind on our rent, electricity, and several other bills , but I checked google before I faxed over the sparsely written contract pages.

I was just about to fax over the contract info with authorization for the $500 minimum security blanket for an $8,000 loan. I am so glad I googled. It is shameful. I had told my landlord I got approved for the loan and would be able to get caught up. Now I will try to find an early morning job, and a late evening job to get caught up. Shame on me for even thinking this was a reputable company.

1st of Dec, 2007

HEY GUYS, HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT THE PEOPLE REPORTING THAT THEY GOT THIER LOAN ARE PEOPLE WHO SENT 1300.00 OR 1600.00 TO GET AN 8000.00 LOAN BUT ALL OF US WHO HAVE SENT THE REQUIRED FIRST PAYMENT DON'T GET ANYTHING BUT LEFT BEHIND?

IF YOU SENT THEM MONEY AND NOW CAN'T GET AHOLD OF ANYONE , HAVEN'T RECEIVED YOUR LOAN OR CAN'T GET A REFUND: CONTACT THE FBI RIGHT AWAY, THE MORE THEY HEAR ABOUT IT THE BETTER IT IS FOR US.

GOOD LUCK! AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO GOT YOUR MONEY, YOU SHOULD BE STICKING UP FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVEN'T AND CONTACT YOUR LOAN OFFICER AND TELL THEM TO LOOK INTO IT.

GOD BLESS AND I HOPE EVERYONE GETS WHAT THEY DESERVE!