Allstate Express Moving & Storage Inc. / bad service and tricky behavior

1 150 35th St, Brooklyn, NY 11232Brooklyn, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-788-3350

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY ***** BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY ****** BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

Whatever you do, don't... DON'T hire this company!!!, I hired this company to move my things from NY to Miami, Fl; the salesperson, Danny, is very nice on the phone, he promises great service, profesional packers and a very low estimate compare to other companies, don't be fooled, that's the first bait. Once you hire them, on moving day, this very rude, inpatient, short man named Isaac comes and makes you sign tons of paper (small print) without even giving you time to read them, then they fool you with the packing, firstable they hire ilegal aliens from the street as packers, they are not profesional packers; they trick you by putting only a couple of things in one box where a lot more could fit, they do this to assemble lots of boxes to occupy more space in the truck because they charge you by space, they also trick you by leaving lots of space between the boxes and sofas and chairs so the truck fills up further to charge you more. When I noticed they were doing this trick I started to tell them to put more things in the boxes and they tell you to step away and not to intervene because they know what they are doing. Not to mention they don't have a special licence to park on the street to load the truck so he got a ticket which of course I had to pay. They don't even use common sense to pack, they brought down my new matress thru the hallway, onto a dirty elevator, thru the sidewalk and into the truck without covering it or protecting, sliding it on the floor all the way, so as you can imagine, by the time I got it back it was so filthy I had to throw it out, they also threw glass and ornamental pieces in boxes without wrapping it, which of course were broken into pieces, I had coffee table smashed, chairs damaged, tables scratched, boxes missing and the most terrible service by a man with an attitud named Boaz, who was the person to do the delivery. He came to the destination (my house) in the most huge truck which didn't fit thru the entrance guard (or any other place, it was almost like a train) and with no patient told me I had to run and rent another smaller truck to unload from his huge truck onto mine... and I only had an hour to do it; which I proceed to do, I had no other choice; by this time he wanted to unrap my things, before putting them on the U-haul truck I had rented, and leave me to do the moving by myself into my house with two other ilegal aliens he had hired here in Miami. I then told him I would call the police because he had to honor the contract we had and unload my things into my house himself. Once my things were in the house, I told him that I had payed for some things to be assambled and he said he had already wasted to much time with me because I took to long to rent another truck (like traffic is my fault!), the nerve! On the other hand, I had sent pictures of the damage goods, list of the things in the boxes missing, and no one has ever written or called me back on that matter. I have also reported to them that they had left behind, mixed with my things, two boxes of clothing and personal effects that don't belong to me, so somebody else must be missing it, but not a word from the company or the least interest on picking it up and delivering it to the correct person. So as you can see, it was total chaos and they made my moving trip an unpleasant and nervewracking experience, and to top it all I ENDED UP PAYING DOUBLE THE ESTIMATED!!, because even that was false; plus the cost of the extra hired truck, plus the parking ticket, plus a new matress, plus new tables and chairs and a lot more irreplace things that had sentimental values. What I don't understand is why a group of people decide to form a Moving company and deliverately go out of their way to lie, cheat, mistreat and neglet your possesions, while maintaining an impatient and rude attitud as a guard to scare you and keep you from asking questions or demanding your rights. If you're going to do something do it right! They know that once people set a specific date for moving it involves a whole lot of other issues around that date that can't be moved, like catching a plane the next day, having to give up that place where the things are being picked up from, etc, so they know once you set a date and they get there, and you have signed and payed... you are at their mercy, so they abuse, but... they forget that these complait boards exist on internet and is my duty to warn everybody from this angry and problematic people.

Comments

• Te
      4th of Feb, 2009

I had the same problem with this same exact company. I had them move me from Stamford, CT to Naples, FL...Broken furniture, broken equipment, stolen brand new computer, damaged motorcycle, ect..This company is a nightmare. And you're right, Dani makes everything seem so pleasant enough for you to sign on. He lied his butt off to get me to agree to use their services. They gave me a binded estimate for $1250.00 and when they loaded the truck, of course lying about the space, they charged me $3000.00. They forced me to pay it because my only other option was for them to unload my belongings on the side of the street and charge me $800.00 for the packing materials which was ridiculous...I absolutely couldnt stand dealing with these people. Money hungry ###. The manager was so angry because I refused to sign the contract when they dropped off my stuff. I refused because they lost my motorcycle key and I wasn't going to sign and state I received everything. He was so angry that he hung up. Jerk.!!!You should report them .
    www.movingscam.com
    /link removed/
    www.1-888-dot-saft.com - file a complaint

• Ki
      26th of Feb, 2009

Sorry i can't agree with you guys i read your your comments and i did go with this company and Thank God i didn't have any problems, my estimate was $350.00 over what i was estimates and that was good compare to what i paid first to move to Saddlebrooke NJ, i am coming to this companies defense because they were very kind and everything went ok, i had 2 damages, which i reported to Tisha and she told me exactly what to do it took a little while and i went through the waiting process and i even asked about both of the customer complain that is posted up here, they didn't want to get into detail. But sometimes its we ourselves that cause the problems, over all i like this company and i would refere them to anyone. My advice is to listen to what they say and folow there instruction i did and i waiting and got my claim settlement. This is an ok company
    Kierra West
    Orlando, FL

12th of May, 2009

I too will gladly come to this company's defense. It seems that too many of the pleased customers are somehow overlooked at these sites. I hired Allstate Express Moving through a recommendation. I have been disapppointed by movers in the past so I was hestiant to do another move until my friend explained how Allstate did business.
    I found her referral to be a bit biased as I couldn't understand how a company would do so much for so little. i went ahead and hired them and low and behold I cannot begin to praise this company's efficiency, professionalism and excellence.
    My final price was a bit higher (around $550 more) but that was due to me having a bit more items than expected.
    There was little damage done to anything as all my pieces were carefully wrapped and packed. My sales assosiate (Alicia) was very well learned and extremely pleasant.
    I only then understood why my friend spoke so highly of them and I will recommend them to any of my friends and family.

• Bi
      7th of Sep, 2011

I, too, had a terrible experience with Allstate when I moved from MA to CA. Initially they were super friendly, quoted me an $1200 for moving a 1-bedroom apartment cross country, and said they'd pack everything for me, which I thought unbelievable. When the movers came, they were quite rude and pushy (except for one, probably one of the aforementioned "illegal aliens, " who was the sweetest and most honest of the bunch and probably exploited just as much or more than the company's clients). They packed my items recklessly, and before I knew it, half of my belongings (mostly boxes) had filled almost their entire truck, supposedly occupying 700 sq. ft. Suddenly the price had risen to $2, 800, and practically all of my furniture was still left behind. I had to just forget about moving the furniture because it probably would've cost me thousands more. When my belongings arrived at my storage facility CA (in relatively timely fashion), they were packed on a huge freight truck together with many other shipments (I had no idea this was going to happen), and the guys started unloading items that weren't even mine and placing them in my storage space. When they finished, the huge storage space I'd rented (expecting 700 sq. ft. of items) was maybe 20% filled. Later on when I finally unpacked everything, I found over $1, 000 worth of missing items, including my beloved collectible film posters and expensive, essential medical reference books that I now have to buy all over again for my job. I reported the company to the BBB, and at that point, Allstate claimed they were under new management and had no record of my doing business with them. I was able to provide extensive documentation of the events (photos, detailed descriptions, etc.). Ultimately, Allstate never responded to my complaint. I know I should just let it go, but it's really hard not to feel angry and foolish when you know how badly you were ripped off. If I ever have to make another long distance move, I plan on renting a U-Haul and taking a cross-country trip or hiring a driver, or just trashing all my stuff and buying everything over again.